CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

Just purchased a clk 320

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-30-2013, 01:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
w209 320 clk
Just purchased a clk 320

Hey,

Was wondering if someone can point me in the right direction with a few problems I'm having since I recently brought a w209.

1. Whilst driving the car slips from drive gear to neutral while in the drive gear and the car revs. I have to change gear or let the revs come down before it starts driving again. today something happened and the engine management came on took it down to my local garage and the error code that came up was "P2069"
could anyone please tell me what this code means? ive notices aswell if i accelerate and then let go of the gas the speed comes down slowly but the car starts jerking forward a bit

2. When putting my foot down occasionally I come to a traffic light the car starts herring and shaking really bad whilst I'm stationary the Rev goes up a little and comes back down.

3. last but not least the car seems to heat up to 100 and gets really hot inside the car is it worth me doing a coolant flush and refill? If so how many litres of Coolant take?

I have a 320 clk I would appreciate if someone can take some time out to help me.

Thanks
Old 07-30-2013, 11:43 PM

2001 CLK55 AMG
your car slipping from drive to neutral most likely is transmission fluid leaking onto the transmission control unit. I would get this sorted asap before it does serious damage. I don't know what the P2069 code is, but a quick search on google will give you the answer to this.

The shaking while stationary could be a number of things - engine mounts, MAF, misfires, transmission mounts, cats etc.

Have you checked the coolant level? Before you do a flush and refill, check the cooling system for leaks, check your fan and thermostat
Old 07-31-2013, 01:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 378 Likes on 343 Posts
00 C200 & 00 C55 & 06 SLK55
Originally Posted by DxbStew
your car slipping from drive to neutral most likely is transmission fluid leaking onto the transmission control unit. I would get this sorted asap before it does serious damage. I don't know what the P2069 code is, but a quick search on google will give you the answer to this.

The shaking while stationary could be a number of things - engine mounts, MAF, misfires, transmission mounts, cats etc.

Have you checked the coolant level? Before you do a flush and refill, check the cooling system for leaks, check your fan and thermostat
+1,

Your transmission goes to the "limp-mode",

you have to check:

1) TCU/EGS module

2) Electric Conductor Plate

3) Tip-tronic +/- Shifter Assembly

ZAYED,,
Old 07-31-2013, 10:37 AM

w209 320 clk
Thanks for the replies.. Ok I opened up the tcu units they both seem clean no dirt etc will see how it's however since putting it back there's 2 things I've notice when taking off from stand still their seems a delay in accelerating also when I do get speed and brake the car jerks and the Rev goes up then back down any ideas? Thanks