CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

Valve and Combustion chamber cleaning

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-03-2013, 01:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A209 CLK55 amg cabrio
Question Valve and Combustion chamber cleaning

Any one tried any product claiming to clean the valves or the combustion chamber of your engines ?? I see a lot of manufacturers who claim to have additives to the fuel that do these jobs but are they for real or just a rip off ??

Valve cleaning is not like injector cleaning where i just remove the injectors put them in some machine and few minutes later they are clean

I understand that valve and combustion chamber cleaning is a lot more complicated and risky as more parts of the engine have to be removed and later on, installing back these parts is also risky as you may ruin the engine, which is why i prefer to use a product (if effective) to clean the valves and combustion chambers for increased performance, better fuel efficiency and a smoother running engine.

Thanks
Old 08-05-2013, 03:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 98 Likes on 88 Posts
2002 CLK 55 AMG cabriolet Eurocharged
I remember this product coming out in the 80's. The truall cure of snake oil sales. Like Amway peanut shells.

I have never seen an additive or treatment that helped a sick engine in anyway. If you want to put an additive for preventative maintenance then go for it. It only helps your piece of mind.

Mercedes will decline your warranty for putting non specified fluids or treatments into the engine or other systems. The only way to preserve your investment or love is to follow the reccomended service guidelines.
Today's fuels and lubricants are not sludge building compounds but engineering efforts to have a clean environment with an efficient running engine.
I have opened hundereds of engines and the only sludge that can accumulate is from neglect of maintenance, overheating without changing the oil.

Intake coking from the first fuel injection types of motors 90's was a combination of poor fuel and PCV control, The Mfg's have it working good now.

Your Benz will never need this service.

Gator

Without Challenge we would not have Engineers