CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

ESP FTW!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-26-2013, 09:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts
'15 T&C & '14 SL63
ESP FTW!

Having driven a mustang gt back in the day, I was in a cold sweat thinking about this storm coming in as I was going to be driving the clk63 from NYC to Ohio and Indiana.

But I have to say I am truly impressed! I didn't get into standing snow, but the sloppy slippery preslush would have put my (old 90's) mustang into the ditch many times over. But the CLK tracked through it without a quiver. Truly amazing.

I can't say I'm eager to see how it handles actual accumulated snow, because I really hope not to be driving it in snow ever again. But I have to say I'm blown away by the experience of driving 475 rear driven horse power through the PA mountains in the the snow and not even having to struggle with it!!
Old 11-27-2013, 05:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK 63 AMG
I made the Rt 80 drive through PA many times. Too bad about the weather, the curves and isolation of that highway have some serious potential.

Another member posted "the ESP is your friend." I've only disengaged it 1 time. The back end gets very lively when delimited. I realized immediately that with so much power to the rear wheels, even asfalt can seem like snow.