CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

RennTech CLK60 SUPER CHARGED with headers at eBay.com

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-02-2003, 12:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Porsche Turbo Stage 4, Cayenne S ... gone C43, C32, ML55 & Ducati 999.
RennTech CLK60 SUPER CHARGED with headers at eBay.com

6.0 L SUPER CHARGED HAND BUILT ENGINE
1 of only 2 Built in the world.

RennTech Full Suspension- Swaybars, Shocks,Springs,Neoprene Adjustable Camber Caster Kit.

Rear Sub Frame Modification. PosiTraction Rear End Differential.

18" X 9" RennTech Monolite Front Wheels. 18" x 11" RennTech Monolite Rear Wheels

Full Custom Carbon Fiber Intake System . Two Battery System.

Full RennTech Widebody, front and side Ground Effects.

Carbon Fiber Interior Package includes : Dash, Door Panels, Steering Wheel and Shift Knob. Passport built in radar detector.

Xenon Headlights. RennTech Custom Full Dual Exhausts.

Renntech Headers. RennTech Rear Lower Air Diffuser.

RennTech Interior Gauges. RennTech Full Transmission Upgrade.

The car is lightened to close to 3000 lbs. It has a sub 4 second 0-60 time, and a top speed of around 200MPH.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2445812491

:o
Old 12-02-2003, 01:42 PM

clk55
It's one hell of a mod. Looks like an AMG SC with 1 intake.

Old 12-02-2003, 08:18 PM

Extremely nice car, it's a shame its a '99 though and doesnt have the 2K+ updates.
Old 12-02-2003, 10:19 PM

No longer car shopping...
But @ $85K who's crazy enough?

If anyone's interested, I'll do the same thing to my 2001 and offer it for the same price. Let's see, the renntech stuff...maybe $25K + my $42,500 = $67,500 - $85K ===> a nice little profit. Any takers? ...The previous speculation is not a FORMAL offering but I am willing to talk with anyone about the possibilities. Heck, I'll even sell you mine at the bargain price and you can keep all the extra cash under the $85K mark since I'm such a nice guy and all...
Old 12-03-2003, 12:46 AM

Porsche Turbo Stage 4, Cayenne S ... gone C43, C32, ML55 & Ducati 999.
Re: But @ $85K who's crazy enough?

Originally posted by ndabunka
If anyone's interested, I'll do the same thing to my 2001 and offer it for the same price. Let's see, the renntech stuff...maybe $25K + my $42,500 = $67,500 - $85K ===> a nice little profit. Any takers? ...The previous speculation is not a FORMAL offering but I am willing to talk with anyone about the possibilities. Heck, I'll even sell you mine at the bargain price and you can keep all the extra cash under the $85K mark since I'm such a nice guy and all...
I believe that the renntech stuff is way more than $25K, think using really conservative prices:
headers $5.000
+Full RennTech Widebody, front and side Ground Effects $6.000
+RennTech Monolite Front & Rear Wheels & tires $ 4.500
+PosiTraction Rear End Differential $3.500
+RennTech Full Suspension $4.000
+RennTech breaks $3500
.......so far $26.500
and etc...

look I have not looked at the engine yet or labor or interior....SC, 6.0 increase, intake....

Old 12-04-2003, 01:14 AM

But...

My CLK55 is ALREADY 5.5 so no need for the 6.0 bump (It's already done). PLUS, do you REALLY think that someone doing ALL this Renntech stuff is paying RETAIL? NOT! I'd still say that it "could" be done for $25K (easily) but alias, it appears that my CLK55 has been bought. Just a little paperwork to complete. So I guess it will have to be someone elses for this experiment!
Old 12-04-2003, 07:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
AMG
Re: But...

but alias, it appears that my CLK55 has been bought. Just a little paperwork to complete. So I guess it will have to be someone elses for this experiment!
Congrats! What do you have in mind to replace it?
Old 12-04-2003, 07:42 PM

Acura TL

As you may know I was trying to move to an older S-class but was unable to work the deal. I did consider an '04 pretty well loaded 240 4-matic ($32,500). They've got a number of incentives on the 240's ($2K + 2.9 for 60 months). In the end, the Acura TL wins out. Lots of features (270HP, Xenon, Brembo brakes, voice-actived Navigation, XM radio, Bluetooth hands free, etc) and is a good bit larger on the inside than the C-class. I'm also selling the '95 Accord so in many ways, this is simply a direct replacement for the older Honda. Another "toy" may be in my future. The actual sale for mine was originally going to happen tomorrow but timing wouldn't allow so probably sometime next week.
Old 12-06-2003, 06:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars and boats!
Harris (from Brumos) is sellin it!!!! Ive personally seen teh car be4......its such a monster!!!!! I wanted to buy it at one point in my life!!!
Old 12-19-2003, 02:11 AM

has anybody seen a 7.4L for sale anywhere? I wonder how much one of those goes for...

BRI 7.4L 555bhp/ 690lb/ft

Anybody know the specs for this?
Old 12-19-2003, 12:15 PM
Banned

BS
This is harris. Actually, you wont even TOUCH the engine in this car for 25 grand. Dr. Finger, my personal friend, had this car built from scratch by RENNTech for almost $200,000. If you got someone that will do a 6.0l Supercharged Engine. Mind you that every internal in this vehicle has been changed, and it puts out well over 600HP/650lbs torque. Oh yeah, it just has a full Carbon Fibre HANDBUILT widebody kit that took about say.....3 months to fabricate and design. This car is one of two in the world, the other which is Dan Kary's car, and he paid similar for his. (one lap of america car) So ndabunka, nice job in trying to be a smart ***, but if you want to do the SAME thing to YOURS, and sell it to me for 85K, and youve got yourself a buyer. BUT it has to be the SAME
Old 12-19-2003, 12:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Yeah, I didn't want to comment before, however Ndabunka is way off base. I have a 6.3 liter supercharged CLK project in Evosport's garage for the last year. If you want to do it right, with the manufacturing of all the custom parts, the bill is going to run you well into 6 figures.
Old 12-19-2003, 02:03 PM

Has the Transmission been upgraded as well to handle this power? How about the shift points etc? What are the gear ratios? Is it still a 4 speed or a 5speed?

I would be interested even if it was 100k but it had a warranty from renntech. However dropping 85k on an unwarrantied car that can only be probably fixed at renntech now because of all the tuning sounds dangerous. Maybe for people with more money and time.

The performance sounds ridiculous though close to slr times.
Old 12-19-2003, 10:35 PM

Hey, was just trying to sell mine...

Renntech & Slee - Points taken guys but I agree with the majority. It's not worth it in my book. I still think the modified 5.5 AMG is a better starting point than the 430 core. I would think that the internals of the ///AMG would be adequate to support most of that HP with significantly fewer mods than were needed for the 430 core. Probably shaving off a conservative $60K but hey, I could be wrong. It's happened once before you know... In either case this is a debate I won't be able to carry forward as I delivered mine to a very nice gentleman today for a bargin price. I drove the car for a year and was fortunate enough to get nearly what I paid for it when I sold it today so I won't complain about any of it as it is all good. Good luck with your massive rpojects guys, with your professionalism I am certain they will all turn out as one-of-a-kind masterpeices. Hopefully once day in the future I'll have the opportunity to build a toy but until then I will have to live viacariously through you all!
Old 12-22-2003, 12:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Re: Hey, was just trying to sell mine...

Renntech & Slee - Points taken guys but I agree with the majority. It's not worth it in my book. I still think the modified 5.5 AMG is a better starting point than the 430 core. I would think that the internals of the ///AMG would be adequate to support most of that HP with significantly fewer mods than were needed for the 430 core. Probably shaving off a conservative $60K but hey, I could be wrong. It's happened once before you know... In either case this is a debate I won't be able to carry forward as I delivered mine to a very nice gentleman today for a bargin price. I drove the car for a year and was fortunate enough to get nearly what I paid for it when I sold it today so I won't complain about any of it as it is all good. Good luck with your massive rpojects guys, with your professionalism I am certain they will all turn out as one-of-a-kind masterpeices. Hopefully once day in the future I'll have the opportunity to build a toy but until then I will have to live viacariously through you all!
Actually, if you bore your engine it doesn't matter if you start with a 5.5 or 430 block. The 55 block starts as a 430 block. All the internal components are going to have to be custom fabricated anyway. In either case, you are right... it's not worth the money in terms of value or resale.... which is why it's defintiely not the route for most MB owners. I just happen to love the W208 and was willing to put alot of money into the project to make sure it turns out right. anyway, thanks for the good wishes and good luck on your next car.
Old 12-23-2003, 11:35 AM

so by the internals does that mean the transmission as well.

Did you mess with the gearing? 5 speed?
Old 12-23-2003, 11:37 AM

I actually think that if I knew the car well I would jump on it. But with an unknown maintanence cost that is a big turnoff.

It is a pretty good deal when you really think about it. I love the w208 as well though i do feel it is a bit heavy.

Slee what kind of things did you do to your car?
Old 12-23-2003, 01:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by Prasith32

Slee what kind of things did you do to your car?
I've posted this a bunch of times, but since the forum went down, I think most of the posts got deleted. So, here goes:

My car is in the 3rd round of tuning. First round included MKB 55 Hypertune kit, MKB swaybars and MKB 3.07 differential. Second round included Kleemann supercharger, Brembos, BBS LMs and Kleemann supsension. This netted aproximately 490 hp and 460 lb/ft torque. Not enough, so, round 3:

Engine has been bored to 6.3 liters and sleeved. Custom cranks, pistons, rods, etc. were manufactured. The MKB headers and cams will continue to be used. Port, polish, etc. Compression ratio has been lowered. Kleemann SC tweaked for a higher boost application.

Transmission is being replaced with a more robust 5 speed tiptronic. May have to go back to a less aggressive differential.

Interior trim is being replaced with carbon fiber. Back seats will be replaced by a deck. Front seats will be replaced with racing seats.

Chassis is reinforced with a chromaly rollcage.

Custom coilovers will be built and additional tweaks to the swaybars, if necessary.

Brakes will be further upgraded to larger Brembos on the front and rear.

Full Lorinser DTM kit (including fenders) with custom work to get much wider tires in the rear and front. Expressions CL hood.

Custom dual exhaust. Probably routed through the spare tire well.

ECU will undergo some custom mapping.

In the end, estimates are for approximately 700 hp. Chassis rigidity and handling should be greatly improved. Will also shed up to 200 lbs. (By the way, I don't think the W208 is any heavier than your C32.) I will probably remove most of the stereo components and have a simple navigation system... I only want to hear the engine.

The project was started over a year ago and is nearing completion. All in the care of Evosport.

Last edited by Sleestack; 12-23-2003 at 01:24 PM.
Old 12-23-2003, 09:56 PM
Banned

CLK55/E55 AMG
Originally posted by Sleestack
I've posted this a bunch of times, but since the forum went down, I think most of the posts got deleted. So, here goes:

My car is in the 3rd round of tuning. First round included MKB 55 Hypertune kit, MKB swaybars and MKB 3.07 differential. Second round included Kleemann supercharger, Brembos, BBS LMs and Kleemann supsension. This netted aproximately 490 hp and 460 lb/ft torque. Not enough, so, round 3:

Engine has been bored to 6.3 liters and sleeved. Custom cranks, pistons, rods, etc. were manufactured. The MKB headers and cams will continue to be used. Port, polish, etc. Compression ratio has been lowered. Kleemann SC tweaked for a higher boost application.

Transmission is being replaced with a more robust 5 speed tiptronic. May have to go back to a less aggressive differential.

Interior trim is being replaced with carbon fiber. Back seats will be replaced by a deck. Front seats will be replaced with racing seats.

Chassis is reinforced with a chromaly rollcage.

Custom coilovers will be built and additional tweaks to the swaybars, if necessary.

Brakes will be further upgraded to larger Brembos on the front and rear.

Full Lorinser DTM kit (including fenders) with custom work to get much wider tires in the rear and front. Expressions CL hood.

Custom dual exhaust. Probably routed through the spare tire well.

ECU will undergo some custom mapping.

In the end, estimates are for approximately 700 hp. Chassis rigidity and handling should be greatly improved. Will also shed up to 200 lbs. (By the way, I don't think the W208 is any heavier than your C32.) I will probably remove most of the stereo components and have a simple navigation system... I only want to hear the engine.

The project was started over a year ago and is nearing completion. All in the care of Evosport.
Wouldn't it be funny if Sleestack's vehicle went KA-BOOM!

Last edited by Vince59; 12-23-2003 at 10:01 PM.
Old 12-23-2003, 10:00 PM
Banned

CLK55/E55 AMG
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Sleestack
Yeah, I didn't want to comment before, however Ndabunka is way off base. I have a 6.3 liter supercharged CLK project in Evosport's garage for the last year. If you want to do it right, with the manufacturing of all the custom parts, the bill is going to run you well into 6 figures. [/QUOTE

For a supercar go with Brabus or Renntech, or your wasting your money.
www.brabus.com or www.renntechmercedes.com

Last edited by Vince59; 12-23-2003 at 10:02 PM.
Old 12-24-2003, 12:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by Vince59
Wouldn't it be funny if Sleestack's vehicle went KA-BOOM!
Yeah that would be funny... but not probable given the quality of the components that are being used and the time spent on the actual tuning. The car is going to be running at low boost and has been sleeved to reinforce the block. What's your point jackhole?
Old 12-27-2003, 04:54 AM

Slee,

That sounds very interesting. Your car sounds like the shiiiite.

I am thinking of doing something similar though not that extensive to my car as well. I really want to reduce the weight. Did you do a carbon fiber hood + fenders etc. Ideally I would like to bring the weight down at the front of the car since that is its main weakness. Did you do any lightweight modifications to it?

For the tranny could you have used the amg speedshift? Is that good for the power you are making?

What do you do with the car? track or show?

Prasith
Old 01-02-2004, 02:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Weight savings will result form removing the seats, replacing the fenders and replacing the hood with the expressions CL hood and grill. The CLKs problem is not so much the weight, but the distribution of that weight and a less than rigid chassis. We probably won't be able to get more than 200 lbs off the car and can't relocate the engine, so most of the tweaks will be to the supsension components. The chromaly rollcage coupled with coilovers and tweaked sway bars should resutl in dramatically improved handling.

The transmission will be replaced, however, it will be probably be an AMG transmission. The transmissions used in the 600s can handle 700 hp without a problem.

Definitely not for show. I'm not willing to doll up my car with electronic components. I just want to drive.
Old 01-02-2004, 07:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W209 - W163
Is the car done?
Old 01-02-2004, 07:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by Viktorious
Is the car done?
If it was I wouldn't be on these boards. I'd be driving. Engine has been balanced and is in the process of assembly. Should take at least another week.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: RennTech CLK60 SUPER CHARGED with headers at eBay.com