CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

SBC on W209 55?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-02-2015, 12:56 AM

Received 38 Likes on 36 Posts
2004 CLK55 AMG W209
SBC on W209 55?

I had read on a post where a guy replaced his brakes that he disconnected his sensored braking control system however I read elsewhere that only E55's were equipped with it and that none of the CLKs had it as the model was bade on the C Class. Is this true?

I also searched high and low for two days on changing brake pads. I didn't find anything at all just some pointers and no actual photos and what not. Turns out it aint rocket science at all so you don't need the information. Like the guy on the E55 mentioned, he loosened the bleed valve on the calliper whilst having removed some fluid from the reservoir and having left it open, I was able to push the pads against the pistons to allow me to free them out. I wasn't changing mine, just inspecting and comparing them with the new ones I bought. Turns out my new front and rears are entirely wrong.
Old 12-02-2015, 10:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 98 Likes on 88 Posts
2002 CLK 55 AMG cabriolet Eurocharged
Hey Khan,

Wow for a minute there I thought you were going to install a SBC (small block chevy) mill. (haha, LOL).

You can plumb around the ABS components but some extra hydraulic devices will be required like an adjustable proportioning valve. On a real race car the brakes are tweaked by driver in the cockpit while racing and making wedge and tire pressure adjustments.
Not recommended for the street at all. I have the adjustable proportioning valve on one of my cars without ABS or ESP (traction control).

second paragraph is the preferred way to change pads on our cars. it keeps from pushing old contaminated fluid up into the ABS hydraulic control valves. This is a desirable method on any car because it prompts the tech to install fresh fluid and bleed the rust and debris that collects in the calipers.

If you decide to put a chevy engine please post it elsewhere,
LOL haha/

If it is still a puzzle you can PM me.

Happy Holidays, Gator

Last edited by GatorMB; 12-02-2015 at 10:29 AM. Reason: added content
Old 12-04-2015, 03:14 AM

Received 38 Likes on 36 Posts
2004 CLK55 AMG W209
I can always look forward to a reply from you Gator Sir.
I see I see.

Hey I aint a fan of American muscle cars but if I must, then I would love to own a Shelby GT500. But no ways would I ruin a car by putting a different make engine into it even if it moves or sounds better lol.

Do you perhaps know why cant the locals here find me any brake pads for my car under the Ferrodo brand? I am yet to check another place else I will buy it from someone here who claims to be importing a brand better than the OEM from Italy and Spain he says.

Do you think my car brake pads could be listed for the CLK63?