CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

Scan Tool Recommendations

Old 07-21-2017, 11:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
09 SLK 300
The carsoft MI6 is a nicely made unit that does get into every part of the car to read/clear, etc., but it can only do a couple engine related adaptations:
Relearn of throttle stop
teach in process after engine replacement

Other than that it's all resetting stuff. I wrote back and forth with them several times and spoke with their tech support. They tried to tell me that they are still developing it and that in may do other adaptations in the future. When I called them out on false advertising (specifically says Coding of control Units (ECU – Coding)/ Individualization of control units ( parameterization ) Retrofitting-, Programming- and activating of new components), they fired back with:

"According to the registered conversation with our Tech Support department, you were planning to perform programming features which aren’t even available with a standard $15.000 (!!) Mercedes Star-Diagnosis tool."

I told them I wanted to enable both rear foglights and hazard flash with ABS - I emailed them the link to the procedure posted here.

Also - they claim to have sold over 1000 of these with no complaints:
"Due to the fact that we NEVER had a similar reaction from any of our >1000 customers (over the past 20 months - since the release of our Mi6 Mercedes edition) and the fact that all mentioned features are present, we do NOT share your opinion about “misleading advertising” "

I called them out on that as well finding it odd that there were no reviews of their product nor any mention of anyone actually using it after searching extensively through multiple mercedes forums and googles searches.

I'm discussing returning it with the seller who has said that it isn't a problem. I just don't know if there is anything better out there without buying a clone Star system (want to avoid that)...

At least my info will show up for anyone looking to purchase it in the future (which they were not happy about!)
Old 07-21-2017, 04:12 PM
tw2
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 280 Likes on 231 Posts
2005 E55 AMG, 1991 MR2
Thanks for the honest write up. I was afraid it was too good to be true. I think I will get the icarsoft instead. Seems like a good compromise.
Old 08-10-2017, 05:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
e350
hey I'm also interested in one of their units i have a w212 blew some airbags in a collision. do you think after i swap the bags i can reset the codes with this thing? thinking of getting a seat from the junk yard with 2 of those airbags on them already
Old 08-10-2017, 05:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 98 Likes on 88 Posts
2002 CLK 55 AMG cabriolet Eurocharged
Genetics judged

It makes no matter your gender when it comes to cars. The Miata is a wonderful gift for a graduate teen daughter. But they win every autocrossing event. (Male/female).
if you find a gender related to the nature of a car then it becomes your own intellectual problem.
Drive a pink Harley Davidson or a chrome Ferrari there will be dispute regardless.
Let's Benz, Gator
Old 08-10-2017, 06:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 98 Likes on 88 Posts
2002 CLK 55 AMG cabriolet Eurocharged
Scan tool

Hey wasn't this supposed to be about scan tools. Haha
Old 01-15-2018, 07:48 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
c class coupe
Does the Icarsoft do W205 UK cars,