CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

Here is a couple of pictures of my CLK55- custom supercharger

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-15-2004, 01:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here is a couple of pictures of my CLK55- custom supercharger

http://imghost.messiahsoft.net/DVC00076.JPG
http://imghost.messiahsoft.net/DVC00080.JPG
http://imghost.messiahsoft.net/DVC00081.JPG ( I know it is missing the covers)

http://imghost.messiahsoft.net/DVC00068.JPG
http://imghost.messiahsoft.net/DVC00065.JPG
http://imghost.messiahsoft.net/DVC00069.JPG
http://imghost.messiahsoft.net/DVC00078.JPG

Tell me what you think!
Old 03-15-2004, 01:18 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'06 ML500 w/Apperance pkg & '07 SL550 w/AMG pkg
Very nice and clean work!!! By the way, what are the knobs underneath the climate control?
Old 03-15-2004, 01:21 AM

You wouldn't believe how many times I was underneath that car this fall and winter.

That is the equalizer.

After everyone not showing up to buy the parts this weekend, I am starting to think about keeping it again.

I still need to tune the ECU and run the 4" exhaust to get under 12.5's with 5lbs of boost.
Old 03-15-2004, 01:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Tesla Model S
wow, great work :0)

s/c is my next big mod and I'm still looking at my options. :0)
Old 03-15-2004, 09:11 AM
Out Of Control!

Re: Here is a couple of pictures of my CLK55- custom supercharger

Originally posted by sajecw
Tell me what you think!
Think it looks different... Actually kind of unique since i've never since something like that before. Was just curious are you using a Vortech VQ2 on it? How much power are you looking at crank and whp? Is there a lag on it? How does it perform?

Thanks
Old 03-15-2004, 09:49 AM

I am using Procharger's new C2 unit. I have no good dynos here, so I had to install guages for testing.

If I keep it, I will dyno the car after ECU tuning and exhaust.
Old 03-15-2004, 07:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32
very nice!!
Old 03-15-2004, 11:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E300
i gotta fit one of those on my diesel... forget the turbo
Old 03-19-2004, 04:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
209/W210 Estate /W211 modded by MBENZNL
Clean Install!
Old 03-19-2004, 04:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
209/W210 Estate /W211 modded by MBENZNL
Nice and Clean Install!

Who did the Install?
Old 03-20-2004, 11:00 AM

I did. I had the welding and brackets done by Unorthodox Racing. The intercooler is Spearco. Procharger supplied the head unit and blowoff valve.

I fitted all of the parts, cut them and did the install.

I use to build custom cars at my families shop.

Let me know if you are interested in buying the setup!
631-767-0178
Old 03-22-2004, 03:41 PM

Dinan 540i
I went for a ride in this car last night and I almost sh*t my pants! This car is rediculously fast!!! It's scary fast. The supercharger is custom made by the owner. It came out beautiful. The car is like a rocket ship, it just wants to take off like a bullet. It also stops on a dime with those brembo rotors & calipers.
Old 03-22-2004, 06:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W209
Originally posted by cbenemy
I went for a ride in this car last night and I almost sh*t my pants! This car is rediculously fast!!! It's scary fast. The supercharger is custom made by the owner. It came out beautiful. The car is like a rocket ship, it just wants to take off like a bullet. It also stops on a dime with those brembo rotors & calipers.
Nice, do a video shoot. I would love to see this car in action...
Old 03-23-2004, 06:12 PM

i would to see this car in action as well. how much was the whole setup?
Old 03-23-2004, 06:25 PM

May I ask the price and the length of install?

(Please tell me it's less than $125k and under 2 years!) LOL.
Old 03-24-2004, 02:27 AM
Almost a Member!

Originally posted by Hank

I'm not sure I get your joke. Why would any kind of supercharger install cost anywhere near that much money and take that long. Or are you referring to the cost to get that much power?

Does this have anything to do with Sleestack's car? I saw some posts about it taking a long time over in the W208 board. Don't tell me it is costing him $125k....

That's crazy money. EVOSPORT must be really good with Mercedes cars for him to have them do all that work. It looks like they have a lot of experience with KLEEMANN for Mercedes.

I wonder what kind of work they can do for my W201.
Old 03-24-2004, 11:16 AM
Banned

Originally posted by crapbuster
I'm not sure I get your joke. Why would any kind of supercharger install cost anywhere near that much money and take that long. Or are you referring to the cost to get that much power?

Does this have anything to do with Sleestack's car? I saw some posts about it taking a long time over in the W208 board. Don't tell me it is costing him $125k....

That's crazy money. EVOSPORT must be really good with Mercedes cars for him to have them do all that work. It looks like they have a lot of experience with KLEEMANN for Mercedes.

I wonder what kind of work they can do for my W201.
Hmmm... I also heard of this famous $125k budget to mod a $50k car for more than 2 years and still unfinished.

My friend who is a prosecutor for the Distric Attorney's office in the LA County says that something doesn't sit right... smells like misallocation of funds - a serious criminal offense punishable by law. It seems to happen a lot of shops in the LA County area.

I just hope that they have all the paper trail to track where all that money is being spent for the car.

To Evosport: how's the project going? How about some new pictures, perhaps a picture of the Monster W208 and today's newspaper?
Old 03-24-2004, 01:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

God, you guys are so whacked out. I'm the person who has given my car to Evosport, and yes they have had it for a little less than 2 years at this point. Evosport, unlike a bigger shop like Renntech or Brabus, does not have pre-spec'ed big block engines that they can sdump into a car. My project is a true one-off project for them and requires them to source their manufacturing to custom part shops like Carillo. If you order custom rods from Carillo, it can take up to 3 months. Given that each engine component had to be sourced out, the wait on parts has taken longer than expected. Furthermore, you guys are totally clueless about my relationship with Evosport. I'm not some kid who put all his money into his car and is anxiously wating for the return of my car. I gave Evoport my car with the understanding that it would take a long time and with the hope that it would help their marketing activities once the car is complete. I did plenty of diligence on the company and its principals before I handed them my car and a fat check. I have no concerns about their capabilities or their integrity and plan on having a long term relationship with Evopsort that will go far beyond my CLK project. I completely understand that putting the money I put into my CLK in this round (which is significantly less than $125K) is a terrible value play, but fortunately, I have the assets and income to be able to do things like that. I'm not losing any sleep over it.

As for Jambee. I'm not sure why you are talking to your friend about my car in that level of detail, but, I don't need some government employee's opinion to understand what goes on this world and to tell me how to watch my own back. I was a lawyer for many years and have plenty of them working for me. More importantly, I know why I trust the guys at Evosport.... and yes, I have plenty of progress pictures and tangible evidence that my car is on its way to completion.
Old 03-24-2004, 01:53 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Sleestack
As for Jambee. I'm not sure why you are talking to your friend about my car in that level of detail, but, I don't need some government employee's opinion to understand what goes on this world and to tell me how to watch my own back. I was a lawyer for many years and have plenty of them working for me. More importantly, I know why I trust the guys at Evosport.... and yes, I have plenty of progress pictures and tangible evidence that my car is on its way to completion.
Again, I wasn't talking about your car but only "a car" in generic terms. Moreover, I did not know that it was your car at Evosport.

Since you asked, my friend is working on a case where a consumer complained about paid goods and services not being delivered. He explained to me the prerequisites in order to pursue a case.

Nevertheless, good luck with your car.
Old 03-24-2004, 01:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by jambee888
Again, I wasn't talking about your car but only "a car" in generic terms. Moreover, I did not know that it was your car at Evosport.

Since you asked, my friend is working on a case where a consumer complained about paid goods and services not being delivered. He explained to me the prerequisites in order to pursue a case.

Nevertheless, good luck with your car.
Sorry for the misunderstanding.
Old 03-24-2004, 03:06 PM

Woah there... let's keep this on the original topic.

sajecw's supercharged CLK55.

I'll ask again if you don't mind sharing w/ us.

Originally posted by Hank

Old 03-25-2004, 11:50 AM

cbenemy must be my friend that I took out the other night. We had three people in the car as well.

It cost about $12,000 and took 3 months to fabricate and install. (over a year of planning though.)

If you would like to buy the complete setup that is in the car, call me at 631-767-0178.

It makes alot more sense for me to sell the parts of the car and put it back to stock than sell the car for $50k.

Thanks.
Old 03-25-2004, 11:58 AM

In regards to SleeStacks car. I have about $42,000 in this car and I never touched the engine or tranny, except for a manifold modification.

If you add on a complete new engine, different tranny, computer tuning, cage, body work... it would be significantly more.

I am selling or parting out the car to cut my losses and invest in my new business.

I am not independently wealthy. I just have an expensive hobby.

I can easily see this project taking a long time. My uncles shop has a Turbo Porsche in there from the early nineties. (not joking).

The owner just keeps changing his mind.

I personnally do not see how the V12 tranny and independent rear will be able to handle the power though. Even beefed up.

BTW, my next project will be taking a 99 CLK320 and putting a 4.6 Cobra motor and tranny in the car and converting the rear to an 8.8 straight axle with a 3 link rear suspension.

Maybe in a few years. I may just keep my brakes for the new car.

Last edited by sajecw; 03-25-2004 at 12:12 PM.
Old 03-29-2004, 10:56 PM

I decided to keep the car. Way too much money invested to not keep it now.

I am hopefully upgrading the MAS on the car this weekend. I am at least going to tune it.

If all is well, I will be at the track on Sunday.

Next step is to get rid of the precats and put in the stainless 4" exhaust...