CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

Do My (non-headbolt related) Recommended CLK63 Repairs Check Out?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-22-2018, 10:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 CLK63 AMG
Question Do my mechanic recommended CLK63 repairs check out?

So I've done a ton of searching in the forums and can't seem to find a definite answer to my questions. I bought a 2008 CLK63 last August 2017 with 52k on it. Carfax checked out, 3 owners, maintained, had a local shop check it over. I love the car and while reading the head-bolt issues tried to deter me, I just couldn't pass it up. I had the oil, A/T and differential fluid changed. I JUST did a coolant flush (thanks to the walkthroughs on this forum).

All that to say I took it to a local import mechanic for a brake fluid change and asked him to check it out because of the CA adjusters and head bolt issues I've read my engine # is 156982*60 016391* and I believe one of the affected ones. He definitely did that and was thorough. I'm attaching some pics from the estimate they sent. They also sent a few images, which I thought was impressive. I can't tell by the pics if they look in need of replacement or not? I already gave the green light for the valve cover gaskets, brake fluid, front struts, alignment, and drive belt. Should I give them a call soon and tell them to go ahead with the other items or am I okay if I wait? I'd like to get it all done at once, but it's already a lot of $ that I didn't plan on spending.

My wife and I are taking a 10,000 mile cross-country trip in May to celebrate my 5 year anniversary of my surgery and treatment for stage III brain cancer and for her graduating after years in school. I'm excited to take the 63 (one of our stops is the Salt Flats in Utah), but at the same time really nervous and I want to make sure all the preventable things are taken care of.

If you've made it this far, I'm sorry for the super long post and thank you so much for any and all input/suggestions! Sorry this is 145149 pages long

Repair for Front Struts, Alignment, Valve Cover

Repair for PS Pump, Arm Bushings, Bearings

Repair for Belt Drive

PS Pump

PS Pump

PS Pump

Valve Cover Gaskets

Valve Cover Gaskets

Valve Cover Gaskets

Valve Cover Gaskets

Valve Cover Gaskets

Wheel Bearings

Wheel Bearings

Thrust Arm Bushing

Last edited by clk63_AMG; 02-25-2018 at 02:48 PM.
Old 02-24-2018, 02:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 CLK63 AMG
So I'm thinking I either have this in the wrong place, or the post is too long, or there is no answer. Just to add to this, the mechanic called and said the idler pulley and belt tensioner assembly needed to be replaced for about $500. Does this sound about right to everyone?
Thanks again for any help!
Old 02-25-2018, 10:02 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 154 Likes on 108 Posts
Mercedes
Everything on the list looks legit. Its all priced retail and pricing looks fair. Replace the tensioner and all of the idlers as recommended. One unmentioned item on the quote is the crankcase breather which is also a common issue on the 6.2's which will cause oil leaks and blow out VC gaskets(see image). Initially it was was hard to determine what you were asking until reviewing the subject line...Enjoy your trip, it sounds like it's going to be a great one for you and the wife

--Kyle

The following users liked this post:
clk63_AMG (02-25-2018)