CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

just got back from the dealer.. ohh the horror *56k warning pics*

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-02-2004, 07:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK63 Black Series
just got back from the dealer.. ohh the horror *56k warning pics*

My rear left wheel's clearcoat was peeling, so i decided to ship the wheels out back to Brabus today to get 'em fixed. I have a good hook up at the MB dealer here so he told me to bring the car in for lunch today and he will switch out the Brabus wheels for the stocks.. ok so here it goes..

The CLK sitting in the cut, looking good.

What was supposed to take only 20 mins, took longer then i thought, so i decided to go to lunch, came back after two hours, the car still isn't done.. no big deal.. 30 mins later, they bring the car around on stocks...

Feels weird seeing the car on stock wheels..

Then to my horror, my friend ( A.K.A. vimzin on this board) points out a scrape on the bumper..

Old 06-02-2004, 07:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK63 Black Series
upon further inspection, there are stress markers on my lower front lip!! It seems like they hit something with it when lowering the car off the lift

and they scraped the bumper so hard, it got misalligned!! WTF???

And the headlights were scraped as well... what in the world?!

Last edited by AMG BRED; 06-02-2004 at 07:20 PM.
Old 06-02-2004, 07:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK63 Black Series
anyways, after spending 1.5 hours dealing with MB about the situation, they agreed to repair the car and fix everything.. 'cause the Service advisor did say that the car came in scratchless.

I drove around back to pick up my Brabus wheel, I couldn't believe the state the rear left tire was in

what gives? why only the rear left wheel? that wheel that whose clear coat was peeling?

I looked at the back of the wheel.. and i noticed a consistant scraping of the wheel..

not a clear pic, but you get the idea..

anyways, two of the wheels are now being shipped to brabus for repair tomorrow.

this is what happens when you don't take care of your wheels guys.. lesson learned...

clear coat peeling:

for ****s and giggles.. the size of the wheel compared to my 9 month old niece..

Last edited by AMG BRED; 06-02-2004 at 07:20 PM.
Old 06-02-2004, 07:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
And you are going to leave the story at that????????????? I am more interested in your confrontation with the dealer than your damage! Your headlight lens is scratched too, you know that, do you?

And I find it amazing that you will take a picture PRIOR to taking the wheels off! Hahahaha.

Well, the stock AMGs arent that bad, only kind of small.
Old 06-02-2004, 07:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Ooops, sorry. By the time I finished posting, I noticed that you have made a second post.

Well, its good that the dealer is claiming the responsibility. And it will also shorten the time that you have to drive the car with those 17's as your car will be in the shop for some time repairing the bumper.

Shall I prepare a PO for you for a set of T1-S? :p
Old 06-02-2004, 07:35 PM
Out Of Control!

Pic # 10

Next time pls put a "Warning Extremely Graphic pic" on pic # 10! That is just total hideous!
Old 06-02-2004, 07:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK63 Black Series
Originally posted by Harris
Shall I prepare a PO for you for a set of T1-S? :p
hahaha.. you read my mind... i was thinking the same thing, but it gets a lil complicated 'cause i can't find anyone here who would install multi-piece wheels without damaging them.. i will e-mail the details.

as far as the damage to the tire and rim, what's your assessment? i feel like my suspension assembly is scraping the wheel/tire which caused it to be in the state it is? am i right? but then i don't hear rubbing at all.. the car rides fine.. allignment is a good as it gets.. what gives?
Old 06-02-2004, 07:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK63 Black Series
Re: Pic # 10

Originally posted by JamE55
Next time pls put a "Warning Extremely Graphic pic" on pic # 10! That is just total hideous!
agreed the world me
Old 06-03-2004, 07:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 63 Likes on 54 Posts
AMG
Yikes!

Hope everything works out okay.....

(Blessing in disguise?) Just be glad you weren't at high speed, if that damaged tire decided to let go!

Last edited by Chappy; 06-03-2004 at 07:22 AM.
Old 06-03-2004, 08:25 AM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
2012 C63 black series, 2015 C63 507 coupe, 2012 Porsche Cayman R 4.2L 404hp
This makes me think.....we should always take a digi pic of our cars from 4 sides prior to bringing them into the dealers for service. What a nightmare. I had something like this happen when I had new tires place on pristine wheels without any scrapes. The shop scraped the paint off each one when running the bead and wouldn't take responsibility for it claiming it was there before.
Nobody takes pride anymore.
Old 06-03-2004, 09:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

03 CLK500, 04 X3, No 07 GT3RS :(
Wow that really bites - good luck getting everything fixed!!
Old 06-03-2004, 09:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S4
that's some ghetttooo shiat w/your dealer, at least they're making it right;
Old 06-03-2004, 09:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK63 Black Series
what really pissed me off is that the service dept. told me my car was all clean and ready.. they tried to pass it off like nothing had happened to the car.. i figured if they thought i drove out of the service area with the car, they wouldn't be responsible even if i came back.. that's F**king shady!!!

On a side note, what a difference the wheels make, going from 19s to 17s, is like moving from a Civic to Maybach
Old 06-03-2004, 09:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S4
should've changed the wheels out yourself!! I avoid taking any car to any mechanic (especially the dealer) at all costs; I only take my car in if its absolutely neccessary (I did learn the hard way, though )
Old 06-03-2004, 09:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK63 Black Series
Originally posted by moa4r
should've changed the wheels out yourself!! I avoid taking any car to any mechanic (especially the dealer) at all costs; I only take my car in if its absolutely neccessary (I did learn the hard way, though )
yeah but when you have a work schedule like mine.. you have no option but to take it to dealer and have someone else work on it.
Old 06-03-2004, 10:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W209
oh my dear, I feel really bad for you. I really do hope all goes well with your car. Thats really sucks. This just makes me not want to bring my car in for check up when the time comes. I think im gonna have to take pictures of all my car just incase my car dosent look the same after the check up. Good luck with your car
Old 06-03-2004, 12:18 PM

AMG, Ferrari, Lexus
Wow! My car is at the dealer right now, and I am not feeling too good about it being there. You are right, they prolly wanted you to drive off the premises so that they wouldnt be responsible. Cheaters... I never feel safe leaving my car at the M.B. dealer for service, I wait until they drive my car to the "waiting lot", and they always drive it hard... But, there is nothing we AMG'ers can do 'bout it...

Good luck with the repair, I would watch them very closely thru the repair process...

And to the rest of the AMG owners, TAKE DIGITAL PHOTOS OF YOUR CAR AT THE SERVICE AREA... They can never get out of that one...
Old 06-03-2004, 12:28 PM

AMG, Ferrari, Lexus
Wow! My car is at the dealer right now, and I am not feeling too good about it being there. You are right, they prolly wanted you to drive off the premises so that they wouldnt be responsible. Cheaters... I never feel safe leaving my car at the M.B. dealer for service, I wait until they drive my car to the "waiting lot", and they always drive it hard... But, there is nothing we AMG'ers can do 'bout it...

Good luck with the repair, I would watch them very closely thru the repair process...

And to the rest of the AMG owners, TAKE DIGITAL PHOTOS OF YOUR CAR AT THE SERVICE AREA... They can never get out of that one...
Old 06-03-2004, 12:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Despite how bad dealers may be, valets are worse IMO.
Old 06-03-2004, 12:37 PM
Out Of Control!

Originally posted by Chappy
Despite how bad dealers may be, valets are worse IMO.
Never use valet unless you want problems!
Old 06-03-2004, 12:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S4
Originally posted by JamE55
Never use valet unless you want problems!
valets @ the dealerships are possibly the worst combination

seriously, though, one time they offered to give me a ride home in MY car since they were short on loaners, i took one look at the valet, and was like no thank you, i'd rather wait... when picking my car up, I caught the sob speeding through the service bay with it like a maniac
Old 06-03-2004, 12:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Originally posted by moa4r
valets @ the dealerships are possibly the worst combination
I'm sure 99% of the time they are fine. It's just that 1% that concerns me
Old 06-03-2004, 08:10 PM

2005 CL55
wow - I thought I had it bad because my dealer forgot to give me my navi cd's and I made my 500th call today within the last 2 weeks! anyway if you owe them any money at the end of it, tell them to bill you. or pay them in quarters, or mail them $5.00 a month until its paid off. I did something like that to some contractors that broke an antique lamp and didn't say anything until we discovered it ourselves. took 2 years to finish paying them. I'm in on the photos before any visit to the dealer. you might of saved one of us $$$ via your situation. best of luck!!!

mark
Old 06-04-2004, 01:41 PM

AMG, Ferrari, Lexus
Well, I pickup my car from the dealer and there was one thing that they ruined. While doing the "B" Service, I guess they are supposed to remove the spare tire and check it out. They broke the plastic wheel thing that screws into the bolt to hold the tire in. Unfortunately I noticed only after I brought the car back. Very small compared to your deal. Good luck!
Old 06-05-2004, 05:18 PM

What size are the stocks? And thats pretty bad service Over here they seem to be ok though, they know their *** is on the line should something go wrong.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: just got back from the dealer.. ohh the horror *56k warning pics*