CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

Installed LED headlight bulbs?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-10-2018, 02:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 CLK63 AMG
Installed LED headlight bulbs?

First, I've searched and have come up with nothing, so here goes I have a 2007 CLK63 with halogen headlights. Unfortunately, they are disappointing. Has anyone installed LED bulbs in their reflector headlight housings? I'd like to hear from someone who has done it or tried it. I'm concerned about fitment and issues with the canbus system. I sure wish this wonderful car had better headlights.
Old 09-18-2018, 01:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05 CLK55 AMG
As far as i know its not a good idea unless you can get canbus compatible ones. I would look up SuperBrightLEDs.com and try them. My buddy said they had some that would work with the system and not throw warnings. He used some canbus compatible ones with his C55 but it was the license plate lights or something.

My girlfriends C55 had horrible headlights and I cleaned em up with compound and a buffer and it increased output so much it was night and day.

One thing to consider is that in most states its illegal to have high output lights in reflective housing because its blinding to other people. LED's and HID's are both meant to be used in projector housings. Some LED's are made to have the low beams and hugh beams built in and i would suggest getting those if your current bulb is an all in one bulb. Just make sure if you go with LED's that you adjust your headlights so they wont be so high on the drivers side to prevent blinding oncoming traffic since its basically the same as driving with your brights on because of the increased light output.