CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

01 CLK55 Central Locking Failure, trunk access denied.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-13-2020, 07:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1997 SL320, 1995 E320 CABRIOLET, C230 KOMPRESSOR COUPE
THANK YOU!!!!!!
Old 02-01-2024, 05:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
benz Clk 320
Originally Posted by DaddyMoose
Since I had some time off today, I put the CLK in the garage, and crawled back into the trunk and shot some compressed air into the line going to the trunk latch, and it popped right open. I repaired the hard air line and reattached the trunk lining.

The 30 amp #2 fuse to the pump was blown. Since I don't want to have to go through this again, I'm replacing both of the central locking pump fuses #2 and #4 in the trunk with Maxi Fuse Breakers which break connection over the rated amperage, and reset a few seconds after the load stops. They're about $4.00 each, but at least I won't have to go through all of this for a blown fuse again. I'm also putting a new pump in, there's obviously some reason the fuse blew, so if the pump is the reason the fuse blew in the first place, I want to eliminate that potential issue down the road.
Hi DaddyMoose I am having the exact same problem you had. I got as far as taking the back seat cushion out and stopped there. I would like to know what line you blew air through exactly to get the trunk to pop open?