CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

new york body shop recommendation

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-13-2018, 04:29 PM

Received 66 Likes on 49 Posts
2002 CLK55
new york body shop recommendation

looking to do custom widebody on my w208, does anyone know of good shop they recommend for the work? probably gonna do something similar to renntech clk60 gt
Old 12-13-2018, 07:30 PM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
2001 clk 55 amg
Martino auto concepts in glen cove Long Island does awesome work, could probably do it no problem but maybe expensive. Man...never even knew that renntech existed. But as far as your build has gone and just how much it would take to make mine at least really nice why not just go out and get a e46 M3? E92's are even starting to get pretty inexpensive. If you don't mind me asking, what made you want to upgrade/track your clk and continue dropping money on her? What would you take for it?
Old 12-13-2018, 08:22 PM

Received 66 Likes on 49 Posts
2002 CLK55
well, its actually a good platform to build a track car. its not as heavy as most people think and has in my opinion a great engine. lots of power across wide rpm range that never seems to let down no matter how hard you push it.

i started out doing HPDE, got addicted to racing and almost bought clk63 BS to replace it as its more track focused than my stock clk55. at the time, i was doing extremely well against similar experienced drivers in M cars (my brother owns a modified e46 m3) and Porsche; actually i was faster than most in beginner and intermediate levels. i drive in solo advanced now, but have to admit i'm not as good as i used to be. i dont drive as much anymore, i just dont have time because of family, work, travel, etc either way, car is very capable, i find it has the great balance of handling, braking, and acceleration. i also owned a ferrari 360 so i have a decent reference (and my bothers m3 csl modified car), this car is extremely capable. i'm hoping i get back seriously into it next year and start doing time trials.

anyway, goal was to modify car to look oem and have track focused personality.

in terms of how much i would want for it, it would be more than e92 m3. i actually really like those cars, but not special in my opinion. my next car will either be nsx or cayman gt4.