CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

Gotta love Autohaus in Northbrook IL

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-23-2004, 09:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 CL55
Angry Gotta love Autohaus in Northbrook IL

Bad taste in my mouth towards MB USA, and the dealer I bought my car from, Autohaus in Northbrook, IL. They sold the car to me with many scratch’s I didn’t discover until I got the car home. As well 2 of the clips on each seat from the multi contour control’s were missing. Also I had a paint shield sold to me that was applied twice with worse results each time. So I refuse to take my car back to this dealer for the 4th time since I bought the car on May 15th, to have the clips installed, and the car buffed and re-sealed. So I called MB USA and told them the whole story, including that I want my money back for the paint sealer, and the clips installed at another dealer. The guy called me back tonight a day later to tell me he talked to the service manager who told him to tell me to bring the car in, and that was it. I told the guy I didn’t want to go to autohaus but to another dealer. He told me a different dealer would not install the clips and I had to go to autohaus as it would cost another dealer money. I have not decided what to do, but have a great body shop I can take the car to have buffed, and detailed. But what to do about the clips? Never mind the fact that I have not received my second key,(which MB didn't mention when they called tonight) and it took 3 weeks to get the nav. cd's. It seems as though MB could care less. And I have bought 3 cars from this dealer in the last 2 and a half years. Anyway I love the car but am a little upset. I'm so mad I even considered switching to BMW - I'm sure they care much more then MB. ha

Mark4
Old 06-24-2004, 10:22 AM

Forget going back to the dealer just get the clips installed there. Never let them rip you off for a paint sealer... A paint sealer is a synthetic wax that you apply and you can buy many of your own from professional detailing sites that are easy to apply and last very long. I would recommend you take your car to a professional detailer get it compounded to remove all the swirls and scratch's and leave it at that. But I understand how you feel going to a detailer is going to cost you and why should u have to pay for something that should have been done in the first place.

I have never dealt with Authous but Knauz in Lake Bluff seems reasonable.

Here are some sites if you are interestead.

www.properautocare.com
www.premiumautocare.com
www.topoftheline.com
www.autogeek.net

This is my favorite paint sealent.

http://premiumautocare.com/fostulpapr.html

Last edited by Mr.PS; 06-24-2004 at 10:25 AM.
Old 06-24-2004, 11:20 AM

2005 CL55
Thanks so much! Thats what I plan on doing! BTW I can't wait to get the survey!

mark
Old 06-24-2004, 11:32 AM

Be sure to take some pictures when the car is fully detailed. Do you currently live in Miami or Chicago. ?
Old 06-24-2004, 01:12 PM

2005 CL55
i'm in Chicago until September, but will be in Miami for the next two weeks. I will take pictures- its a great suggestion!

Mark
Old 06-24-2004, 01:45 PM

Originally posted by mark4
i'm in Chicago until September, but will be in Miami for the next two weeks. I will take pictures- its a great suggestion!

Mark
I see yeah I wish I could live in Chicago for the summer then Miami for the winter. Right now I would live in Miami all year its in the lower 60's to upper 50's in Chicago.

Yeah most car's when used have swirls the new ones mostly dont unless the dealer puts them there by washing improperly or other. But they should take care in compounding the car so that there is no swirls and fully clean the interior. Most dealers do a pretty good job others dont, they buff to fast and produce more swirls or butcher the paint by leaving holographic buffer lines all over the car.

I to have been thru this with other cars such as the car arived for service and was perfectly clean came out car washed with swirls and the interior all dirty.... The only thing that really gets them is the survey afterwards and word of mouth.
Old 06-24-2004, 02:19 PM

2005 CL55
ya the car is new, and yes the more i took it to get to fixed, the worse it got. basically they did the job as fast as possiable without any care. I still have not even got my second key! and the women at MB-customer service, said "i would never buy a car without 2 keys!" i told her buying the car was my mistake. all i got was a snotty attitude! i get better service at my dry-cleaners!

Mark