CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

Hvac question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-01-2019 | 10:12 PM

2001 clk 55 amg
Hvac question

Hey guys, so I finally pulled the trigger after two years and bought a used hvac unit to hopefully stop the auxiliary fans kicking in and hvac staying on until I pull fuse 25 (while running errands turning car off and starting again after 2 or more times etc)

problem is that I got it out of a 2000 clk320 or something like that (non Amg)

part number is a140 830 2585

part number in the car and im assuming specific to the w208 Amg is a140 830 2685??

Now this may be a stupid question but is there any opinions on this? Could there be that much of a difference that it wouldn't work?

Just curious, don't want to mess anything up by plugging it in and trying it.

Thanks
Old 05-02-2019 | 09:04 PM

2001 clk 55 amg
So the guy said it was cool, I did a little research..maybe it's 1 number off to charge a lot more who knows. But looks like it's working.

While I was in there listening to the MoT clk clk call away I rubbed underneath, pretty dirty! Cleaned a little bit with a rag and seems like it got quieter. Any suggestion on cleaning it out? Maf cleaner?

Other than that only hvac code I'm showing is e61 419 showing up as electromagnetic clutch, I'm thinking for the duo valve. That things thumping away with very little coolant flowing from auxiliary water pump.

That ones been on the list for a while. I think I'm done with Fcp euro for a while, it is pretty convenient, but I feel like they mark up the prices towards your account based on warranty etc to gain the money back, that's how they swing lifetime oil change. Lots of inconsistencies with pricing.