CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

What is your preferred W208 CLK55 exhaust...?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-22-2024, 01:05 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
R129 SL600, R230 SL55 (P30), C216 CL65
What is your preferred W208 CLK55 exhaust...?

Supersprint? MEC?

I tried to purchase an Eisenmann system, but they're NLA. Looks like Moscow headers to a Supersprint full system might be a good idea, but I've never loved a full Supersprint system.

What's everyone else running?
Old 01-22-2024, 09:15 PM
SPONSOR

Received 66 Likes on 46 Posts
Full S S exhaust system......

Originally Posted by ProperHistorics
Supersprint? MEC?

I tried to purchase an Eisenmann system, but they're NLA. Looks like Moscow headers to a Supersprint full system might be a good idea, but I've never loved a full Supersprint system.

What's everyone else running?

Dear Sir,
My name is Roberto. I am an advisor with SuperSprint Italy. What is your criticism of the full exhaust system? I am here to assist you in any way I can.
Thank you.
Old 01-23-2024, 01:09 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
R129 SL600, R230 SL55 (P30), C216 CL65
Hi Roberto.

I'm running your products on my E39 M5 (full system, headers to F1) and just the axle back on my E31 850CSi.

Chief complaints:

- I wish I could get tips without "Supersprint" emblazoned on them
- the tips can tend to stick out too much (my E31)
- the sound is good, but not great

Also, do you make a full system for the W208 CLK55? I was aware of only a header back system...
The following users liked this post:
Old 01-31-2024, 05:43 PM

Received 94 Likes on 70 Posts
2002 CLK55 AMG: 2004 S55 AMG
You're going to have to go with something custom unfortunately enough, as there is little to no aftermarket support for these cars any longer.

As you stated you have limited options, Moscow supercharge and Kleemann are your only options as is relates to Headers, and Kleemanns you'll have to find 2nd hand, (I'm pretty sure)

If you have patience and keep your eyes open on different websites, forums, marketplace, etc, you can probably piece together the exhaust set-up that you're looking for. Regardless its going to be a project so pack your patience.

A custom exhaust set up is probably the way to go, as you can customize what you want, as you go. For example, if you want to remove the secondary cats, replace the main cats with high-flow, keep a resonator, remove a resonator, keep the AMG muffler, run it straight back without a muffler etc etc, your options are endless.

I'm in the same boat as you are currently, and I can't decide on exactly what I want, but i have a good idea. I have a set of Brand New Moscow Supercharge headers sitting in a box waiting to be installed. I do not want the car to be loud, however i want it to be noticeably louder then stock when i step on the gas.

My plan is MSC headers into high-flow cats, into a resonator and back to the stock AMG Muffler. I love the clean, stock AMG look and thats what i intend to go with. You'll notice when you get the car in the air that the pipes coming into the resonator go from 2 into the res. and one out of the res. back to the muffler. On the W210 E55's the resonator is a true dual resonator back to a true dual Muffler. I'm thinking about possibly running a W210 E55 Res. and rear muffler, my only concern is fitting the W210 Muffler without having to chop anything up in order to get it to fit properly.

If you're looking for little more rumble, you can also "Gut the Muffler" which a gentleman on youtube has done. I believe his name is "socal210" you can search for his video. Although he is technically a 430 and not a true 55 amg, hes running a 55 amg muffler, and the same process applies.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do and please report back as it helps the group.

- Joe