CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

Aftermarket Customers: Problem with certain US Official distributors.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-23-2004, 10:59 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
04 CLK55, IWC CLS55 AMG(one of 55), 07 Honda CR-V 4WD
Aftermarket Customers: Problem with certain US Official distributors.

Ok. Here is the deal..

1. Carlsson
I have been waiting so far for 14+ weeks to get my Carlsson parts. Guess what. They didn't even ship them yet. If they told me it would take this long

I would have ordered through air freight and get over with it. The thing is.. they are not going to ship them until January.

I had to order them through WheelBoutique because Carlsson USA can't take AMEX. What a load of ****. And WheelBoutique is so not professional.. they don't return calls, just don't go there. I have to put a dispute with my credit cards' companies to get my deposit back if he doesn't call me back by the end of the day.

I am so pissed off. These people are so not professional.. Seriously, if you really really want Carlsson parts, go somewhere else, who can ship directly from germany to you. Do not deal with these liars. If you want to suffer like me? Go ahead... Just don't be on the waitlist.. it will never come...

2. Green Filter
These people said the product will arrive within a week. BS. now I call him he say he doesn't know blaiming everything about the container. Don't order this from the states. Can't deal with these people now.

Why aren't they honest about when it's coming and when it's not?
what do you guys think?
Old 11-23-2004, 12:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W209
Originally Posted by JLee81
Ok. Here is the deal..

1. Carlsson
I have been waiting so far for 14+ weeks to get my Carlsson parts. Guess what. They didn't even ship them yet. If they told me it would take this long

I would have ordered through air freight and get over with it. The thing is.. they are not going to ship them until January.

I had to order them through WheelBoutique because Carlsson USA can't take AMEX. What a load of ****. And WheelBoutique is so not professional.. they don't return calls, just don't go there. I have to put a dispute with my credit cards' companies to get my deposit back if he doesn't call me back by the end of the day.

I am so pissed off. These people are so not professional.. Seriously, if you really really want Carlsson parts, go somewhere else, who can ship directly from germany to you. Do not deal with these liars. If you want to suffer like me? Go ahead... Just don't be on the waitlist.. it will never come...

2. Green Filter
These people said the product will arrive within a week. BS. now I call him he say he doesn't know blaiming everything about the container. Don't order this from the states. Can't deal with these people now.

Why aren't they honest about when it's coming and when it's not?
what do you guys think?
I Feel your pain. Dont worry, im in the same boat, except, I havent had my car for the past 3 months. Its been in the shop all this time.
Old 11-23-2004, 12:20 PM

2006 CLS 55 AMG
Just To Be The Devils Advocate I Have Dealt With Carlsson On Three Different Occasions And They Were Awesome I Was Impressed With Them Sorry To Hear About You Experience
Old 11-23-2004, 12:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There must be a reason why you never order anything from me. And I dont want to know why. Here is my take: it is a learning curve for anyone who wants to modify his car. Especially the parts that you ordered (such as the RS kit) were so new. Only a handful of vendors in NA have their own way to import some of the Carlsson stuff. Most vendors are ordering from Carlsson USA also. If everyone can just go straight to Germany and order everything there, there is no need to have Brabus NA or Carlsson USA. When going direct, have you ever thought of all the hassles that you have to go through? Need to find a friend (hook up), he might need to find another friend, then he has to get the right part, wait for the part to become available, find a shipping company and air freight it over. In the end, after all the shipping, taxes and duties, it will cost as much (if not more) than what you will be paying in NA. Is it worth all the troubles?

My little advise to you: it is not as easy as you thought. There are MANY things that are beyond anyone's control. It is a very competitive industry and modifying a Mercedes is a totally different ball game than modifying a Civic. There is no one company that can afford to stock up all the parts and let you walk in to pick and choose. If you want some special parts, be expected to wait for 2-3 months, thats very normal.
Old 11-23-2004, 02:45 PM

2004 Mercedes Benz CLK 500
hey Jlee who did you deal with at wheelsboutique? I ordered the carlsson rs sport suspension coilovers and i ended up cancelling them cuz they kept saying BS as well. I waited for 2 months, and I just cancelled them a week ago.
Old 11-23-2004, 06:52 PM

Ben at extension 201..
Old 11-23-2004, 06:55 PM

Harris. It's not as difficult if I chose the other route. There is a company in germany that exports AMG manufaktur's products including LSD and and they can buy pretty much anything within the area. Well. U are definitely a big catch because u are here and people can feel secure.

Last edited by JLee81; 11-23-2004 at 07:20 PM.
Old 11-23-2004, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by billybenz
Just To Be The Devils Advocate I Have Dealt With Carlsson On Three Different Occasions And They Were Awesome I Was Impressed With Them Sorry To Hear About You Experience
It's good to hear that some here actually has a positive view of Carlsson USA. They will be awesome if they have stuff in stock. But if not, one has to wait until the container is full of stuff. That took me more than 3 months.

Ok, here is the summary.
I bought my wheels from WB and I thought they gave me a incredible deal. and the waiting wasn't bad at all since they are wheel retailer. Then I called him to ask if he could get me the carlsson kit because he told me that he has a good relationship with Carlsson and it's right down the road. Fine so I decided to deposit $1000 for the RS rear bumper and Quad muffler. and I asked them about the wing. The wing doesn't have a price because they are not being released in the states until next year.

Then I heard from AMG club site that they made a US version. His name is Marc Phillips from Carlsson Gmbh. So I decided to place an order. Carlsson USA gave me a ridiculous price of 1700 which was 1280 last time I quoted them. The price went up within one week. They told me that they could get it for me and I would be the first one in the states.
So I called WB and made another deposit of $800 for the wing. Then here we go.. waiting for 8 weeks.
I started to phone them and they were like.."um.. it's coming.. Well we have a container coming and I see some stuff for WB customers." Then "well.. they couldn't complete the wing because of US lisence plate size"=> Then why did someone in Carlsson Gmbh say that it is produced? Then I called Germany to talk about this matter. Then they were like "it will be done by november." So

I asked them to ship the rest as soon as possible. Then October passes.
Now I was so curious about what is the truth about the whole thing. So I started to compare what's true or not by calling Germany and USA. CUSA would say it's in the container(for 15weeks?) and CGermany would say "We didn't ship it yet."

See where it goes? I was so mad it was not even funny. I could not go to sleep without knowing where my money is being spent. Then Recently, they went to Sema Show and had a wing displayed there. So I called CUSA and they said that they would like to sell it to me so that I can customize it to fit my lisence plate. Cool.. It's been more than a week, and I think that the wing is so heavy that it will take about a month for them to get it!

So then I called Germany and the US sales manager told me that Carlsson USA should keep it for other display purpose. What a messed up company.

Then I called today again and the export department manager told me that they actually have everything in stock. They even have several wings in stock(German Version).

Then I called WB and tried to talk to Ben and he does not pick up my phone.
So I called my credit card companies and filed WB. And that's the end of story.

Don't you guys ever go there to get a crappy CS like this. Carlsson USA is very good at lying about the status too. I am so disappointed at Carlsson in general. No wonder why tirerack dropped the distributorship.
Old 11-23-2004, 08:27 PM

JLee, omg i am in the same situation as you lol. I bought my wheels from WB as well from Ben, and I also got an incredible price as well. I asked Ben if he could give me a deal on the carlsson rs sport suspensions coilovers for my car. He said he has a friend who works in Carlsson USA right down the street. He said they had 3 sets of coilovers in stock..so I bought it. A month passed and I received my wheels but didnt get the coilovers so I called Ben and he said they had attached the coilovers with one of the boxes on my wheels. I looked at the boxes and there were no signs of boxes attached. I call him again next day and they said UPS lost it and that he is getting another set. Over the next 2 months I keep calling him about the coilovers and here are some of his excuses
1) the container is arriving in the bay area and I already gave the bay area people your address so they can get it shipped to you faster.
2) the container is not here yet, in a couple of weeks it should be here
3) the container is going to arrive in florida in the next few days
4) the container is here but it needs to go through customs
5) the shipment is still in customs (after about 2 weeks)
6) Carlsson USA said they shipped it out already and I am trying to get you the tracking number. (never got the tracking number after about 2 weeks of calling him)
7) The whole Carlsson USA went to the SEMA show and wont be here for a week. (i thought, ya rite, Carlsson USA cant all just leave for a show)
8) Carlsson USA still isnt here cuz of the SEMA show (that was after a whole week being at the SEMA show, if they were actually there)

OK enough said..i was pissed and cancelled the order. Now waiting for my credit card bill to come to see if they actually gave me a refund.
Old 11-23-2004, 09:40 PM

clk 500 (wifey's); 350Z roadster (daily driver); 350Z coupe (track car)
Ordered my Carlsson exhaust through Harris - no delays, no hassles, no problems!!!!!!!
There may be a lesson to be learned here!!!!
Old 11-24-2004, 12:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK500/Range Rover HSE/E55 AMG/Bmw 328Xi coupe/BMW 4.8x/Bmw 335i/GS350/Audi S5/E350
ORder thru harris..NO bull shiet NO hassel! DUDE is legit..!
Old 11-24-2004, 04:30 AM

Originally Posted by AznxKCBoy
JLee, omg i am in the same situation as you lol. I bought my wheels from WB as well from Ben, and I also got an incredible price as well. I asked Ben if he could give me a deal on the carlsson rs sport suspensions coilovers for my car. He said he has a friend who works in Carlsson USA right down the street. He said they had 3 sets of coilovers in stock..so I bought it. A month passed and I received my wheels but didnt get the coilovers so I called Ben and he said they had attached the coilovers with one of the boxes on my wheels. I looked at the boxes and there were no signs of boxes attached. I call him again next day and they said UPS lost it and that he is getting another set. Over the next 2 months I keep calling him about the coilovers and here are some of his excuses
1) the container is arriving in the bay area and I already gave the bay area people your address so they can get it shipped to you faster.
2) the container is not here yet, in a couple of weeks it should be here
3) the container is going to arrive in florida in the next few days
4) the container is here but it needs to go through customs
5) the shipment is still in customs (after about 2 weeks)
6) Carlsson USA said they shipped it out already and I am trying to get you the tracking number. (never got the tracking number after about 2 weeks of calling him)
7) The whole Carlsson USA went to the SEMA show and wont be here for a week. (i thought, ya rite, Carlsson USA cant all just leave for a show)
8) Carlsson USA still isnt here cuz of the SEMA show (that was after a whole week being at the SEMA show, if they were actually there)

OK enough said..i was pissed and cancelled the order. Now waiting for my credit card bill to come to see if they actually gave me a refund.
I wanted to sue WB for this kind of behavior. No joke. I remember him talking about coilovers but I had pss9 by then. We should post somthing about it so that people don't go through the same BS.
Old 11-24-2004, 07:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
AMG
Originally Posted by JLee81
There is a company in germany that exports AMG manufaktur's products including LSD and and they can buy pretty much anything within the area.
Details, man...details!!

Website or contact info please
Old 12-15-2004, 12:08 PM

Wheel Boutique is not willing to return my money. Again Do not go there.
No deposit what so ever. i lost $1000 for nothing.
Old 12-15-2004, 01:14 PM

wat do you mean they arent willing to return your money? You didnt get the product. Who at wheelsboutique said they wont return your money?
Old 12-15-2004, 01:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 911 C4S
Can't you dispute the charge with the credit card company and let them deal with the merchant?
Old 12-15-2004, 07:55 PM

I put a dispute on my Amex for $800 deposit for the RS wing but I didn't put a claim on my visa for $1000 deposit i did for the RS body kit and exhaust.
Ben of course. What a.. I don't even want to deal with them. They really should go out of business.
Old 12-15-2004, 08:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 911 C4S
Some times they are also bound by the hollow promises of Carlsson USA. I personally had a hard time dealing with Carlsson USA directly as well.
Old 12-16-2004, 08:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK500/Range Rover HSE/E55 AMG/Bmw 328Xi coupe/BMW 4.8x/Bmw 335i/GS350/Audi S5/E350
Yo jayson, why loose a 1000 dollars. Just put a dispute in on visa. They will re-emburse you with the money and they will deal with the merchant.
Old 12-16-2004, 02:38 PM

ya put a dispute, i kept calling in wheelsboutique to get a refund, after like a month now..i finally got in touch with accounting, his name is carlos, not sure if he is the manager but he faxed me a confirmation that i got my refund.
Old 12-18-2004, 02:22 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Fast Cars!
I have delt with wheelsboutique before and there great.
Old 12-18-2004, 12:19 PM

for wheels yes. for any other things they claim that they can get? BS