CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

Looking for slight lowering options

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-15-2004, 03:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Camaro SS
Looking for slight lowering options

I have an 03 clk-55 that I just ordered 19" wheels for. I'm looking to slightly lower the car also, maybe a set of springs? What springs are available for this car, and what are the approx. drops. I want it not to rub on the 19"s and still have pretty good ride quality.
What do you recommend?
thanks,
Jon
Old 12-15-2004, 06:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What wheels are you getting? Tires? There are Brabus, Renntech, Eibach, Carlsson that I would recommend.
Old 12-15-2004, 08:06 PM

Camaro SS
Hi,
Getting ASA 8.5/19" and 9.5/19". Tires are 235/35/19 and 265/35/19.
I hope this combo works,, The tirerack guy in this forum told me that they won't fit over the brakes? But I've written someone selling these wheels on ebay, he said they work, and I've seen them on the last body style clk... So I hope the tirerack guy is wrong... Funny though I talked to two tirerack guys on the phone, one said the offsets are wrong the other said the offset is off by only a tiny amount and should work fine, neither said anything about the brakes.
Old 12-15-2004, 08:17 PM

Camaro SS
I was looking at the eibachs,,, it doesn't mention the clk 55 just clk 500 and other models. How do the spring rates and heights compare? What is the pad system for raising and lowering the car?
Old 12-15-2004, 08:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The Tirerack guy on this board (aka Luke) is the "Tires and Wheels God" in this world. If he says it doesnt fit, then it doesnt fit. Period. You HAVE to believe in him.

And I also know quite a bit about wheel and tire fitments for Mercedes because my company only deals with Mercedes stuff and nothing else. I agree with Luke that the ASA 19's will NOT fit on your car without adding spacers. Your car's front caliper is the same as the CLK55/C32, not a lot of wheels will give you a clear fitment. The previous generation of CLK has a much different fitment than the current model.

Eibach will lower your car about 1.2", which is good enough to eliminate the fender gaps after getting bigger wheels. There are no spring pads in the front, only the rear. It is the last thing that you want to do to adjust the height of the car because the pads wont help much (it varies between 8mm to 23mm).
Old 12-15-2004, 08:32 PM

Camaro SS
What size of spacer do you think I would need? (5mm?) Where can I get spacers for cheap?

How stiff will eibachs be versus stock clk 55?
thanks,
J
Old 12-15-2004, 10:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 911 C4S
Originally Posted by Harris
The Tirerack guy on this board (aka Luke) is the "Tires and Wheels God" in this world. If he says it doesnt fit, then it doesnt fit. Period. You HAVE to believe in him.

And I also know quite a bit about wheel and tire fitments for Mercedes because my company only deals with Mercedes stuff and nothing else. I agree with Luke that the ASA 19's will NOT fit on your car without adding spacers. Your car's front caliper is the same as the CLK55/C32, not a lot of wheels will give you a clear fitment. The previous generation of CLK has a much different fitment than the current model.

Eibach will lower your car about 1.2", which is good enough to eliminate the fender gaps after getting bigger wheels. There are no spring pads in the front, only the rear. It is the last thing that you want to do to adjust the height of the car because the pads wont help much (it varies between 8mm to 23mm).
Harris, I assume that the HREs are custom made and should be able to fit big brake kits from companies like Brembo, Carlsson, KLEEMANN, and AMG, right?