CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

Opinions needed: Which front bumper cover would you choose??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-10-2005, 12:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
03 CLK55
Question Opinions needed: Which front bumper cover would you choose??

On Christmas day, I broke a small piece off of my front air dam while I was backing out of a very steep driveway. I bottomed out, and there was nothing I could have done to prevent it, but at least now I know not to park in that driveway...

So, I'm trying to decide which front bumper cover to replace it with, and I'm curious to hear what you gentlemen, (and ladies) think would be the better choice. I'm debating between getting either the stock AMG piece, a Brabus item with the fog/driving lamp kit, or the Brabus piece without the lights...

I really like the stock piece, but I hate to go through the trouble and expense of having the piece replaced, only to have the car as it was before. I'm not sure that I like the Brabus piece any better, but 1.) It's different, 2.) I have Brabus Style VI wheels, 3.) I believe that the Brabus bumper without the lights may provide more engine cooling (A supercharger may be in the near future ), and lastly, 4.) the Brabus bumper cover has a lower airdam, hence less aerodynamic lift...

It may sound like I've sold myself on Brabus, but I'm really still on the fence about it. Any input or alternative suggestions would be appreciated!! (Unless of course, you suggest Lorinser!

Best regards,
Matt

p.s.) Does anyone know if the "gills" in the Brabus bumper cover provide any sort of aerodynamic benefit?
Attached Thumbnails Opinions needed: Which front bumper cover would you choose??-brabusbumper.jpg  

Last edited by AMG///Merc; 01-10-2005 at 01:15 PM.
Old 01-11-2005, 01:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
01 clk55 cpe
You asked, so here's my opinion.

I don't care much for the brabus.
The fog lights, the two of them, look like add ons...actually they are add ons.
The do not seem to fit the design theme of the current 'amoeba' like headlights.
I've also seen that on other MB models and I think that the shapes available for the fog lights do not lend itself well to be integrated to any existing style...maybe except for the w208, which has the 4 oval lights up front.

Do you have a pic of the Lorinser?

my 2cents
Old 01-11-2005, 01:38 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Fast Cars!
I love that bumper! It really fits the car well to me. And the quad foglights look nice to me as well. Email me if you need some info or pricing on that bumper.
Old 01-11-2005, 03:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E46 M3
Get a Brabus K8 bumper. It looks aggresive and is more exclusive... search for "Frisco", he has it on his CLK500