CLK63 Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the W209 CLK63 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.

Which Color CLK 63 Black Series

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-06-2007, 06:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 CLK 55 AMG Coupé
I don't understand why MB comes through with a nifty black series for the CLK and then expects buyers to pick one of five colors. Come on, this is a stock CLK with bits bolted on. It gets painted like any other Benz. Buyers should have the full choice of a stock CLK colors PLUS five exclusive black seires colors for snob appeal.

Silver is classic, but boring.

CLKs look best in dark colors. But black is also boring, is dust prone and won't contrast to show off the carbon fibre trim. IMHO one of the best colors ever for a CLK was alanite green, a deep dark green. But it hasn't been available for a CLK since the 208s and then only in the designo program.

But if you fuss, Sindelfingen will deliver. So get whatever color you want. It's your money.
Old 05-06-2007, 09:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
2009 C63 AMG
I doubt the BE is built on the regular CLK production line. The body panels are carbon fiber, so its probably hand assembled and painted as it can't go into the hot drying booth like the rest of the car, most likely at the AMG shop. I can see why MB would chose to limit the color choices. Silver is boring but it just looks damn good. And is a classic MB color.
Old 05-07-2007, 12:51 PM

08 E63
Originally Posted by neilbo75
I don't understand why MB comes through with a nifty black series for the CLK and then expects buyers to pick one of five colors. Come on, this is a stock CLK with bits bolted on. It gets painted like any other Benz. Buyers should have the full choice of a stock CLK colors PLUS five exclusive black seires colors for snob appeal.

Silver is classic, but boring.

CLKs look best in dark colors. But black is also boring, is dust prone and won't contrast to show off the carbon fibre trim. IMHO one of the best colors ever for a CLK was alanite green, a deep dark green. But it hasn't been available for a CLK since the 208s and then only in the designo program.

But if you fuss, Sindelfingen will deliver. So get whatever color you want. It's your money.

I love this car so much that is why I keep defending it. It is not a stock CLK with body molding. I do not know if it is on purpose or what but I do believe that AMG has not done the best job at positioning how different this car is from todays production CLK. For those who have been waiting for MB-AMG to build a car like this for the states, we get it.
Old 05-13-2007, 02:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 86 Likes on 58 Posts
'22 G 63 AMG, '21 GLE 53 AMG, '20 NSX
Ok, after looking at cars on the track, silver is too invisible. It's going to be mars red.
Old 05-14-2007, 01:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 290 Likes on 203 Posts
2013 650i Coupe, 2010 IS250 AWD, 1999 S500
Originally Posted by Jim Brady
Ok, after looking at cars on the track, silver is too invisible. It's going to be mars red.
There you go, excellent choice.

M
Old 05-14-2007, 04:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I am going to do some digging...MB has a habit of restricting US buyers in terms of options and colors. The good news is that if the car is available elsewhere in different colors, you can do a "write in" for an option and or color that is not listed for US purchase.
Old 05-14-2007, 07:45 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
00 MB ML55, 91 Toyota Supra Turbo(sold), 06 E500(gone), 03 BMW M3
check and see if they are doing custom ordering... once upon a time they did this stateside... you could order the cars any color and get interior work as you liked from the factory. It was about 2k extra plus any price difference in products...

The most notable of what I heard was a yellow SL55 with black interior and yellow stitching...