CLK63 Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the W209 CLK63 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.

Which Color CLK 63 Black Series

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-28-2007, 12:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 86 Likes on 58 Posts
'22 G 63 AMG, '21 GLE 53 AMG, '20 NSX
Which Color CLK 63 Black Series

Only option is five colors. I'm torn between Silver (can't go wrong) and Mars red which I think will be rare on this limited production car. Which would you choose.
Old 04-28-2007, 01:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GT3
I'm going for white, so you can get any of the other colors Honestly, all will look great. But, I'd have to say the red over the silver. I think the red is going to be beautiful.
Old 04-28-2007, 02:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 S65, 06 M3 CS(stick), 02 BMW X5 4.6iS, 07 R1 Raven, 08 F-450 4x4, 08 CooperS JCW
Question Great car but...

What are the five colors? I'm assuming black is one so that would be my choice. Silver is always okay on Mercs but I'd steer clear of red personally, esp. if resale is a consideration.
Old 04-28-2007, 12:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by transferred
What are the five colors? I'm assuming black is one so that would be my choice. Silver is always okay on Mercs but I'd steer clear of red personally, esp. if resale is a consideration.
You can check the dealer ordering guide in the thread above. They are:
040 black
197 obsidian black
590 mars red
650 artic white
775 iridum silver
Old 04-28-2007, 03:21 PM

2007 Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano Silverstone F1
Originally Posted by Jim Brady
You can check the dealer ordering guide in the thread above. They are:
040 black
197 obsidian black
590 mars red
650 artic white
775 iridum silver
Having a Black car (CTTS) is a nightmare! Oh... they're fantastic looking for the first hour or two after a wash and wax but then the pain begins. Even simple road 'dust' ruins your pride and joy.

Red is sweet but I agree on the possible 'resale' value.

I would think for long lasting 'clean car looks', the White or Silver cars will make you happy longer without the 'dirty car looks' obsession! My Siver S550 always looks 'reasonably' clean even driving it after a rain! Mags
Old 04-28-2007, 03:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by magwheel
Having a Black car (CTTS) is a nightmare! Oh... they're fantastic looking for the first hour or two after a wash and wax but then the pain begins. Even simple road 'dust' ruins your pride and joy.

Red is sweet but I agree on the possible 'resale' value.

I would think for long lasting 'clean car looks', the White or Silver cars will make you happy longer without the 'dirty car looks' obsession! My Siver S550 always looks 'reasonably' clean even driving it after a rain! Mags
Mag,
Had a black turbo cayenne, agree. PITA. Also currently have a 911 turbo thats black so I'm done on black. Obsidian black even when clean looks dusty. Have a white AMG so whites out.
So, red will be rare and on a coupe it looks good. Don't care about the next guy and if less than 10% are red I won't see myself coming and going even in Newport Beach.
Old 04-28-2007, 03:59 PM

Mag,
Had a black turbo cayenne, agree. PITA. Also currently have a 911 turbo thats black so I'm done on black. Obsidian black even when clean looks dusty. Have a white AMG so whites out.
So, red will be rare and on a coupe it looks good. Don't care about the next guy and if less than 10% are red I won't see myself coming and going even in Newport Beach.
I know how you feel about that!

Have you put a deposit down on one yet? I still can't decide if I really want one or not. They so far look outrageous and they're supposed to be 'quick as hell' and agile on top of that!

Do you think they look that 'wild and crazy' that they'll be worth their asking price? Mags
Old 04-28-2007, 04:59 PM

540 6spd
Get the red.
Old 04-28-2007, 04:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Have you put a deposit down on one yet? I still can't decide if I really want one or not. They so far look outrageous and they're supposed to be 'quick as hell' and agile on top of that!

Do you think they look that 'wild and crazy' that they'll be worth their asking price? Mags[/QUOTE]

Mags,
Put my $ down when I saw spy photos. I'm #1 on the list at Fletcher Jones who's the #one volume dealer in the US. They sent me my confirmation. So I have one if I want it. Sales rep called Thursday and asked me to make a color selection. So thats why I posted this thread.

I've got two friends who have also ordered CLk 63 black series, funny they all own turbo porsches. If they don't look wild and crazy enough, I'll put the wing on it like Tommy Kendall had driving the prototype. (Speed channel and amg private lounge) I think the car has enough steroids just look at the F1 pace car. If thats not enough put jon the F1 decal and the light bar.
Old 04-28-2007, 05:36 PM

SL65 AMG
Im with you mags I have the #1 spot but still dont know that I want it. 130k for 507hp and 3900lbs is what I am looking at. I dont want this car to be all hype, at the same time it may be a great car for the track but I dont go. Its hard to think of a clk63 over a gt3 for me. Only time will time.
Old 04-28-2007, 07:51 PM

The car has enough steroids

Mags,
Put my $ down when I saw spy photos. I'm #1 on the list at Fletcher Jones who's the #one volume dealer in the US. They sent me my confirmation. So I have one if I want it. Sales rep called Thursday and asked me to make a color selection. So thats why I posted this thread.

I think the car has enough steroids just look at the F1 pace car. If thats not enough put on the F1 decal and the light bar.

Well Jim, I just talked to a dealer in Southern Ohio (won't mention where or who at this time) and I did a virtual handshake and closing on a CLK63 Black. I had done the same thing on my GT3RS with Herb Chambers Porsche in Boston and they kept their promise just as I hope this dealer will.

I had a 'tentative' deal with the Cleveland dealer and they said I would get first dibs on their unit..... but then they send me an e-mail saying they took a deposit on their first unit from someone else and if I wanted the second unit, I would have to come up with a deposit because Mercedes 'Proper' would not allocate a unit to them unless they could prove they had a deposit!

Funny cause the dealer who sold me his unit said.... "Deposit.... What deposit?..... We don't need no stinking deposits!!!" "The car is yours my man... guaranteed!" I love that movie quote!!!

I then decided with him to go with 'Iridium Silver' because 1) I love that Silver.... I have it on my S550 2) It stays visibly cleaner longer 3) It shows the lines of the car off better than maybe some of the other colors!

Hope you get yours too! Mags

Last edited by magwheel; 04-28-2007 at 07:53 PM.
Old 04-28-2007, 08:06 PM

08 E63
White all the way for me....my dealer will not take a deposit a yet because they said official allocation to which dealers has not happened so they do not want to take money until they know they are getting allocation. My salesrep was named top Salesperson of 2006 for all MB Dealership in the US so I would hope MBSD would get allocation of at least 1 or 2 of these cars.
Old 04-30-2007, 10:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
2009 C63 AMG
I'd take a silver one. Its a classic color for an AMG. But the CLK63BE looks good in any color!

I have a virtual handshake at my dealer too, but I haven't heard from them lately.

I read on AMG Lounge that MB is weeding out people that get allocated the BE, they don't want speculators to buy the BE. Bravo Mercedes! These cars should only go to enthusiasts and not flippers.
Old 04-30-2007, 01:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by norb
I'd take a silver one. Its a classic color for an AMG. But the CLK63BE looks good in any color!

I have a virtual handshake at my dealer too, but I haven't heard from them lately.

I read on AMG Lounge that MB is weeding out people that get allocated the BE, they don't want speculators to buy the BE. Bravo Mercedes! These cars should only go to enthusiasts and not flippers.
norb,
Lets hope your right. In my area of the country too many fast buck types who speculate. I'm sure there will be some trying to "flip" the car. Ferrari stopped this on the F50 by making requiring the owners lease the cars.
I have a good relationship with my dealer who won't deal with "flippers".
Their easy to spot. If you flip a car they sold, you won't be dealing with them again.
With 350 cars it'll be in demand.
Old 05-01-2007, 02:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 EuroElites E55
Only option is five colors. I'm torn between Silver (can't go wrong) and Mars red which I think will be rare on this limited production car. Which would you choose.
do you have a pic of mars red? if its like the f-cars go red if its more of a wine color go white. but any color you choose wont matter the car is just plain sick.
Old 05-01-2007, 11:23 AM

Jim, if I were in your shoes, I would take silver. For myself, it would be between artic white and obsidian black.

Last edited by liftingismylife; 05-01-2007 at 11:26 AM.
Old 05-01-2007, 10:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by ROCKETW19
do you have a pic of mars red? if its like the f-cars go red if its more of a wine color go white. but any color you choose wont matter the car is just plain sick.
I've asked they post one on the AMG private lounge and the chief editor said they would. I tried photoshoping it on my 2.0 and it didn't come out well.
My daughters got a Mars red C class and its not too dark maybe a shade darker than the porsche guards red. I'm told that those that have seen it in Mars red said the cotrast with the carbon fibre is stunning.
Old 05-01-2007, 10:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

[QUOTE=ShelleE55;2170691]White all the way for me....my dealer will not take a deposit a yet because they said official allocation to which dealers has not happened so they do not want to take money until they know they are getting allocation. My salesrep was named top Salesperson of 2006 for all MB Dealership in the US so I would hope MBSD would get allocation of at least 1 or 2 of these cars.[/QUOTES

Shelle,
Allocations will be out Friday, May 4th. Call their bluff.
Old 05-02-2007, 12:38 AM

08 E63
I will. I can't wait to see the criteria for the PL and then if this is the same date for the dealer allocation I think I am number 2 or 3 on their list so we will see...
Old 05-02-2007, 03:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 EuroElites E55
I've asked they post one on the AMG private lounge and the chief editor said they would. I tried photoshoping it on my 2.0 and it didn't come out well.
My daughters got a Mars red C class and its not too dark maybe a shade darker than the porsche guards red. I'm told that those that have seen it in Mars red said the cotrast with the carbon fibre is stunning.
yes ive seen a red C class. that is a nice red and very rare in any class. i love red so i would get it in red. im jelous. congratz iter way you go.
Old 05-03-2007, 02:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 290 Likes on 203 Posts
2013 650i Coupe, 2010 IS250 AWD, 1999 S500
Yeah I'd go for Mars Red too, the contrast with the carbon fiber bits is going to be awesome.

M
Old 05-03-2007, 01:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
2009 C63 AMG
Why even ask for a deposit on this car? There are no options except for color and they'll have no problems selling an in stock car if they guy who "ordered" it backs out in the last minute. In fact, MBUSA is so freaking conservative with their options, its almost guarantee's to sell anything in stock.

I just got a Porsche 911 Turbo and the options available is mind boggling. Wild colors and wild interior options. That, I can see, a dealer asking for a deposit.
Old 05-03-2007, 01:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
SL65, E55T, Pending S65
It's your dealer asking for a deposit not MBUSA. Didn't need to leave one with my dealer but they know I want the car and will buy it when it comes in.
Old 05-04-2007, 05:28 PM

08 E63
Originally Posted by norb
Why even ask for a deposit on this car? There are no options except for color and they'll have no problems selling an in stock car if they guy who "ordered" it backs out in the last minute. In fact, MBUSA is so freaking conservative with their options, its almost guarantee's to sell anything in stock.

I just got a Porsche 911 Turbo and the options available is mind boggling. Wild colors and wild interior options. That, I can see, a dealer asking for a deposit.
There are only 350 coming to the US. With that low of a number not all dealers are guaranteed to get one of these cars. MBUSA has not said how the allocation will work, that is why my dealer did not want to take a deposit yet.
Old 05-04-2007, 05:41 PM
spr
MBWorld Fanatic!

While it probably would look hot in red. I had an m5 in red it WILL be more of a ticket magnet. To this date I have never gotten as many tickets with the same driving. My 911 is black and a total nightmare although blackfire products for black cars is THE ONLY thing to use and it makes it look like a mirror. Silver is easy and I would also agree with the red on the resale especially since they really aren't many MB's in red for the most part!

I guess the relevant question is how long you plan to have it?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Which Color CLK 63 Black Series