CLK63 Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the W209 CLK63 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.

Future Value of CLK63 Black Edition

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-25-2008, 02:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
05 E55t, 07 R63, 04 Mini R53 (SOLD):01 s4 avant st3, 06 q7
Originally Posted by alexander stemer
Absolutely not surprising, and not of concern for those who drive and keep their cars. I could be wrong, but isn't the housing market in a slump, the stock market in a tailspin, the dollar crashing against the Euro, and everybody in government wanting to give a platinum Amex card to every household?
Without a doubt, if the government had given away BS ownership coupons (Redeem for one free CLK BS!!!) things would be even worse, but just a little worse.
As far as I could tell from today's newspaper, the only group not receiving government money is the CLK BS owners group, and a few Ferrari guys. Everyone else gets enough to buy one Corsa. AS

housing market is san francisco is still strong.. I mean housing over 1 millions dollar... anything under $900k is not selling. I still have to pay over asking for my home last year.
Old 01-26-2008, 02:12 PM
spr
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think that the new c63 will definitely play in with the depreciation.

If you can fit the same tire package with R compounds add ECU tuning add LSD add coilovers there is pretty much ZERO reason to buy a black performance wise to make it basically the same performance. Plus the c63 blip downshifts- Objectively isn't this really correct? Oh and wait, isn't the C MUCH lighter???? = A car with same performance all around for about half+ few mods?
Old 01-26-2008, 05:01 PM
LZH
Banned

CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
Originally Posted by spr
I think that the new c63 will definitely play in with the depreciation.

If you can fit the same tire package with R compounds add ECU tuning add LSD add coilovers there is pretty much ZERO reason to buy a black performance wise to make it basically the same performance. Plus the c63 blip downshifts- Objectively isn't this really correct? Oh and wait, isn't the C MUCH lighter???? = A car with same performance all around for about half+ few mods?
Speculative at best and you would most likely loose your warranty.
Old 01-26-2008, 08:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 S550, 458 Italia, 97 993TT, 56 Speedster, 06 Ford GT, 355GTB
Just about every new car depreciates, sooner or later. People who buy luxury or sports cars and worry about the depreciation have no business buying the car in the first place. A new car is not going to augment your net worth, it is going to dissipate it, generally speaking.

Even the robust Ferrari market, in my opinion, is about to see a decrease in market values, the likes of which we have not seen since the early 90s. It's going to happen. All it takes is small percentage swing in demand (assuming supply stays constant) as some buyers back off due to economic conditions; and prices will tumble.

If you own a CLK BS or any other high performance car then drive it, enjoy it, and don't worry about, or even think about, depreciation. Or sell the thing until such time as you can afford to focus on the car and not the cost of the car.
Old 01-26-2008, 09:14 PM
Bux
MBWorld Fanatic!

G
Originally Posted by TheCreditMan
Just about every new car depreciates, sooner or later. People who buy luxury or sports cars and worry about the depreciation have no business buying the car in the first place. A new car is not going to augment your net worth, it is going to dissipate it, generally speaking.

Even the robust Ferrari market, in my opinion, is about to see a decrease in market values, the likes of which we have not seen since the early 90s. It's going to happen. All it takes is small percentage swing in demand (assuming supply stays constant) as some buyers back off due to economic conditions; and prices will tumble.

If you own a CLK BS or any other high performance car then drive it, enjoy it, and don't worry about, or even think about, depreciation. Or sell the thing until such time as you can afford to focus on the car and not the cost of the car.
Exactly! ...end of thread.
Old 01-26-2008, 10:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
300ce

...........right on the money, but don't expect this seemingly obvious point to be embraced by automobile name tag chasers.

Ted
Old 01-27-2008, 08:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
SL65, E55T, Pending S65

Can we lock this thread now?
Old 02-25-2008, 07:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2017 W205 C43 AMG
The CLK63 BS should be appreciated for the car that it is, a "Super CLK"!

Mercedes-AMG could have just produced the CLK63 AMG and called it a day. But they went a step further to provide a select few (350) in the U.S. the opportunity to purchase a street-legal, CARB-legal DTM race car called the CLK63 BS.

For this effort, only time will tell if the car will be a collectable or not. The fact that the W209 is based ofd the W203 C-Class chassis, and not completely one of a kind, as opposed to other MBZ chassis may hurt it, but who freakin' cares.

If you've got $137K to drop on a new CLK63 BS AMG, go for it and more power to ya!