CLK63 Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the W209 CLK63 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.

what if i dont plan on taking it to the track>?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 01:02 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
08 clk63 amg black series
what if i dont plan on taking it to the track>?

i have never driven a car at a race track and would love to, and start to, but in the event that i never take the car to the track, do you think it would make a decent road car, i drive to arizona and california twice a month and wonder if i could use its potential on that long drive? or will it be too rough and harsh riding for normal day driving? i just dont have the experience in owning a track car like most of you do. any suggestions and opinions would be greatly appreciated.
Old 06-13-2007, 01:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 EuroElites E55
Originally Posted by spifffs
i have never driven a car at a race track and would love to, and start to, but in the event that i never take the car to the track, do you think it would make a decent road car, i drive to arizona and california twice a month and wonder if i could use its potential on that long drive? or will it be too rough and harsh riding for normal day driving? i just dont have the experience in owning a track car like most of you do. any suggestions and opinions would be greatly appreciated.
the blk series is so bad *** i wouldnt take it to the track id be scared something would happen to it. i also wouldnt use it on thoes long as drives but this is just the way i think.
Old 06-13-2007, 01:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 290 Likes on 203 Posts
2013 650i Coupe, 2010 IS250 AWD, 1999 S500
Kinda tough question. Most track cars wouldn't be suitable for such long trips, but this is a Mercedes-Benz and they try to bake in a certain amount of civility in everything they make. Which is why they ofter come up short in handling at the track when compared to BMW M or Audi RS cars. That said I can't see using a CLK63 Black Series for long trips or just regular street use, I'd have to track it just a few times to see if MB really came through with a track star. I dunno about this one, and it isn't like these will be sitting around for test drives so you're gonna have to take a blind leap on this one. What about a CL63?

M
Old 06-13-2007, 01:01 PM

Received 262 Likes on 168 Posts
You won't have to take it to a track to enjoy it...but hopefully you can appreciate its abilities on winding roads. Otherwise, there are many other great cars in the MB lineup that would suit your needs better. The CLK63 BS is the one car they offer that prioritizes handling over straight-line comfort and speed. AutoWeek's test found the ride to be "harsh".
Old 06-18-2007, 06:43 PM

08 clk63 amg black series
thanks guys, i appreciate the input.
Old 06-26-2007, 12:07 PM
MBH

2005 E55 Delivered 01/07/05
It's the closest thing AMG has ever built that is a true track car for the US public. I am willing to bet the ride is on the hard side.

Last edited by MBH; 06-26-2007 at 03:33 PM.