CLK63 Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the W209 CLK63 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.

Tyson Beckford driving his CLK63 Black series

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 10:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
2015 E63S, 2018 E63S
Originally Posted by Addicted2Speed
That car is going to be rolling on 24's in no time and the space behind the seats is perfect for a kicking sound system!

This is the comment that I was talking about. I'm not trying to pull the race card but you tell me what he meant or what he was referring to?

Mag, I wasn't talking about you sitting around "playing the card". The comment was made by someone else. If you did not make the statement then you should not be bothered by my comment.

Last edited by Hammer Down; 08-01-2007 at 10:24 PM.
Old 08-01-2007, 10:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C43/55,2k11 Volvo S60 T6AWD,2k Audi B5 S4,95 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD 500+awhp
Originally Posted by magwheel
Oh yeah..... WE have nothing better to do in our lives than to play that card..... RIGHT? To be honest, I was thinking how ridiculous Jay was and looked doing a 'donut' in his loaner car!!! Jay is a 'super successful' grown-up and it just seemed stupid as hell! I have NO idea who the 'other' guy is but he seems to think he's an ambassador! (Of what, idiotic tricks)?

To be honest.... I've never understood this thing about 'doing a donut'! I've seen a Murcielago, CGT, F430 and now a CLK63BE video of 'donuts'! I use to do that with my Mom and Dad's 1964 Ford Galaxie on snow covered streets and parking lots when I was 16 years old! To me, it's always seemed like a pretty childish thing to do!

You mean to tell me somebody spends $150,000 - $450,000 on a 'supercar' and one of the things they enjoy doing or just to show off is doing 'donuts'? I guess the only thing worse I've seen is one of these beautiful, 'high-tech' machines (even an Enzo!) on a drag strip having the 'sh_t' run out of them!

Apparently, some people don't appreciate how fine of a vehicle they have their hands on because their money has come so easy! Mags
Tyson Beckford is one of the most famous African American models in the WORLD! He was a big model for Tommy Hilfiger and POLO!

Ridicuous diatribe you have there!! No one is pulling the race card but it is kinda ironic some of the comments made about Tyson Beckford,when none are being said about Jay Leno driving thru the streets like a maniac.
This is what I was saying without trying to bring up race.

One guy here(C.L) in this thread posts (Tyson) is stupid or sounds stupid. And the next guy makes the stereotypical comment about the 24" rims. So go figure!

I'm not surprised that someone pointed out that the comments made here do appear biased when you compare the comments made about Jay Leno in this thread!

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...light=jay+leno You never made any mention of these thoughts you expressed abpout Jay leno driving his CLK in this thread as well.
Anyway I could care less.

I know 90% of us here drive like idiots from time to time but some of the guys making these "Holier than thou comments" driving triple digits on public hwys,racing other cars on the streets as well as doing burnouts,Please give it a break!! Sound like a bunch of ******* HATERS. Where is anyone saying that Jay Leno is stupid? Let both of these celebrities enjoy their cars and everyone STFU because we all have our moments on the public streets.

Last edited by ProjectC55; 08-01-2007 at 11:00 PM.
Old 08-01-2007, 10:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by magwheel
You mean to tell me somebody spends $150,000 - $450,000 on a 'supercar' and one of the things they enjoy doing or just to show off is doing 'donuts'? I guess the only thing worse I've seen is one of these beautiful, 'high-tech' machines (even an Enzo!) on a drag strip having the 'sh_t' run out of them!

Apparently, some people don't appreciate how fine of a vehicle they have their hands on because their money has come so easy! Mags
Hey dude like they say"for each his own"!

It's like me saying "Why does anyone need this many cars?

2007 Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano Silverstone F1
2007 Ferrari F430 Coupe Black F-1
2006 Ferrari F430 Spider Red F-1
2005 Ferrari F430 Coupe Red - F1
2007 Mercedes S550 Iridium Silver
2007 Mercedes SL550 'Pearl' White
2007 Range Rover Zermatt Silver
2007 Porsche GT3RS Orange
2008 Mercedes CLK63BE AMG White (July 30th build)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser Sun Fusion Yellow
2007 Toyota Tundra 4x4 Burgundy

That's pretty much your business. I won't lie but I wish I could own those beauties as well!

Last edited by ProjectC55; 08-01-2007 at 10:56 PM.
Old 08-01-2007, 10:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML63 AMG
Actually Mags, Mercedes-Benz, as one of the leading Fashion Show sponsors, does appoint models to become what are known as "fashion ambassadors for Mercedes-Benz." If you tune into Mercedes-Benz TV (http://www.mercedes-benz.tv), you will see Eva Padberg, who is the top German model, and also 1st Mercedes Ambassador. She did the Berlin Fashion Week. On the other end of the world, Tyson Beckford (the guy in the video), a top male model for Ralph Lauren (among others) represented Mercedes-Benz for their Fashion Week Campaigns. Hence, the 'Mercedes-Benz Ambassador' title.

I think the issue of doing burnouts comes down to - 'different strokes for different folks'. I mean, some people like to treat their car nicely, and maybe take it to the track. Others like to push it to its limits and drive like Tiff (5th Gear) or Clarkson (Top Gear), either way, different strokes for different folks. In most CLK63 AMG Black Series promotion videos (including Edmunds consumer review) they seem to drive that car that way -- it makes it look like it has great power and performance. On the issue of public roads - lets give the guy a break -- even doing over 65MPH on a highway is ... well, 'dangerous'.

Tee_Tz.
Old 08-01-2007, 11:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'08 M5, '10 Land Cruiser
Originally Posted by ProjectC55
One guy here(C.L) in this thread posts (Tyson) is stupid or sounds stupid. And the next guy makes the stereotypical comment about the 24" rims. So go figure!
Don't bring me into your little race vendetta kiddo. He sounds stupid because when asked questions about the car he seems to know nothing about it- and he's meant to be an ambassador. As for Leno, he I didn't even see him in the video. Go work out your attitude rather than just your fingertips.
Old 08-02-2007, 02:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 290 Likes on 203 Posts
2013 650i Coupe, 2010 IS250 AWD, 1999 S500
Definitely the most playful Mercedes in a many years. Does anyone know if this is a one year thing or will there be another allocation next model year?

M
Old 08-02-2007, 06:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Carl Lassiter
Don't bring me into your little race vendetta kiddo. He sounds stupid because when asked questions about the car he seems to know nothing about it- and he's meant to be an ambassador. As for Leno, he I didn't even see him in the video. Go work out your attitude rather than just your fingertips.
Don't be offended kid ,it is what it is and folks are calling it as they see it. No attitude here my man fingertips are just calling you out and if you feel I'm calling you a rascist ,which I did'nt,if the shoe fits wear it.

Referring to people as sounding "stupid" or calling other folks "Kiddo" when they are perhaps older than you, suggests you need to adjust your attitude.
We sure did not hear him say anything about the car that was unfactual, and perhaps he's also learning more and more about the car.

Remember MB asked him to be their Ambassador for the marque not because he's a car expert but because of who he is. There was a reason and it's called marketing obviously!!!

Last edited by ProjectC55; 08-02-2007 at 07:12 AM.
Old 08-02-2007, 09:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

none
You guys are sad. I was hoping to read more about the CLK. Maybe wrong for the comment and maybe wrong for jumping right on it.

Both sides who commented are wrong I think. It's lame guys. Being the internet, I really don't care who hates who. Neither should you guys. It's cyberland, not next door.

....lastly, I find stereotypes more like trends. I fit many stereotypes that get thrown out about my race. So don't but I find many do. Actually I fit probably 90% of them. It doesn't bother me one bit. It's who I am and if a trend/style defines me as something than so be it. I've got bigger things to focus on.

Let's get back to the awesome donut/drift maniac, and not use this as an opportunity to cry about little things. I'll start, anyone see how close he got to that SUV in the opposite lane while whipping around?? Close!
Old 08-02-2007, 09:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by NitrogenBalance

Let's get back to the awesome donut/drift maniac, and not use this as an opportunity to cry about little things. I'll start, anyone see how close he got to that SUV in the opposite lane while whipping around?? Close!
LOL! Yep! What an Idiot he was!
Old 08-02-2007, 10:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
R35 GT-R, EvoX
Originally Posted by NitrogenBalance
anyone see how close he got to that SUV in the opposite lane while whipping around?? Close!
Yup, that's whats fun about drifting. Trying to stay in control of an out-of-control vehicle. Of course, when there are other people involved it can get risky...but the majority of us on these forums have done much crazier ****, probably on a daily basis

I should get some pics of my tire marks and how close they are to poles, walls, and parked cars lol...I'm sure drifting/burning rubber in a car like the CLK BS is very satisfying, immature or not. And with the big 6.2 liter V8 you can smoke those tires all day long
Old 08-02-2007, 01:26 PM

2004 MB E55 AMG, 2006 Audi A6 4.2, 2008 WRX STI
I met him at the shop where my buddy works at. He was talking about the black series whole time...lol he's pretty chill dude~
Old 08-02-2007, 01:38 PM

2004 MB E55 AMG, 2006 Audi A6 4.2, 2008 WRX STI
then, again..
i have to agree to u guys that he drove it like an idiot...
but, it was for the media.so, they probably told him to do some donuts to
get attention~
anywayz, its true that he doesnt know about the car well...(at least..when he was talkin to me about the black series) he wasnt even sure about the engine or name...first he said CLK 63 DTM,...i was like "what?!!! does that even exist?"
but, ill tell u guys...he has some knowledge on JDMs~