CLK63 Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the W209 CLK63 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.

CLK 63 Black at the Sachsenring Germany.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 05:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 86 Likes on 58 Posts
'22 G 63 AMG, '21 GLE 53 AMG, '20 NSX
Originally Posted by crv1
for all us clk black series wannabes that what to upgrade our clk suspension, did the kw's look at all like the variant 2 or 3?
awsome write-up!
Looks like varient 3, but I was told that the black was proprietary.
Jimmy
Old 10-19-2007, 05:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

[QUOTE=neilbo75;2461236]
Originally Posted by Jim Brady
Clk 63 at the Sachsenring cont...long.

Four CLK DTM's , Sl55 with the performance package, a CLS63 performance package, and the most outrageous E55 on the planet. It has a SLR engine developing over 800 hp, carbon fibre roof, monster brakes and tires. It has been clocked at 360K and the guy can drive. Twenty cars in total.

Over 800 HP from our 5.5 block? How did the super E55 guy do it? The SLR itself only puts out about 650 hp, and that's in its 722 special edition trim. Renntech claims they can get that up to 722 hp (what a coincidence!) mainly through use of a bigger intercooler. I'm a bit skeptical RT could get so much more power from an already highly tuned engine. Does AMG really have that many cards up its sleeves?

Does the super E55 have the SLR side pipes? Even without, that must of been one hell of a shoehorn job. My dream is stuffing the CLK DTM engine into my 208. 580 hp would be just fine, thank you very much.
The 800 hp was the "CLAIMED" number. The owner did say they changed the intercoolers and he had huge air inlets in the carbon fibre hood. HE said this made a big difference. He said it had different cams and the exhaust was modified but it come out the back.
The car was a rocket. I've have a 630 hp 3200 lbs porsche, this E55 would eat have eaten it alive. I know it closed on me so fast on the track, I felt like I was parked.
Jimmy
Old 10-20-2007, 10:21 AM
JDB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK63 Black Series
Jim,

I met this guy for the first time at Spa in Belgium, then again at Neurburgring. I think you can believe in his "CLAIMED" numbers. At Spa, he was running a highly modified SL, then the McLaren-engined E-Series at Nurburgring. FAST!

JDB
Old 10-20-2007, 08:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by JDB
Jim,

I met this guy for the first time at Spa in Belgium, then again at Neurburgring. I think you can believe in his "CLAIMED" numbers. At Spa, he was running a highly modified SL, then the McLaren-engined E-Series at Nurburgring. FAST!

JDB
JDB,
Thanks for the corrobration I didn't want to get into an internet battle without someone else who knew the car. The owner indicated the car has run 9.80's in the quarter mile, not bad for a E class AMG raod racer. I think I might have a pic somewhere.
Jimmy
Old 10-25-2007, 07:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts
E 63S Wagon Renntech, E55 Renntech, SL65, SL 55 030, ML, bunch of old ones--they come, they go...
OK, Maybe I missed something in..

the excitement of reading this stuff. But, how did this come together? Travel agent, MB, group, what? And where can I sign up? These are not your cars that you're taking delivery of, but part of a tour package? More info, more pix!
Old 10-25-2007, 07:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
AMG
Originally Posted by allenjdmb
the excitement of reading this stuff. But, how did this come together? Travel agent, MB, group, what? And where can I sign up? These are not your cars that you're taking delivery of, but part of a tour package? More info, more pix!
AMG Private Lounge Event

There should be several of these cars at the AMG Meet on November 10th.
Old 10-26-2007, 03:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

JDB,
Thanks for the corrobration I didn't want to get into an internet battle without someone else who knew the car. The owner indicated the car has run 9.80's in the quarter mile, not bad for a E class AMG raod racer. I think I might have a pic somewhere.
Jimmy
Here's some pics.

Old 10-26-2007, 03:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG private lounge set up the event for those who got their allocation from them. Enjoy the pics.

Old 10-26-2007, 03:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Old 10-26-2007, 03:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Old 10-26-2007, 03:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Let me elaborate a little more how this came about.

AMG private lounge announced that it would make 10 cars available for a special factory delivery and an opportunity to compete in the first AMG trophy event at the Sachsenring when the car was launched in New York auto show. You had to be an existing AMG owner, post a picture on the private lounge and agree not to sell the car for 12 months in order to qualify for the allocation. AMG selected the alloctions by computer. They wouldn't tell me how it was done, but it had to be on the up and up due to strict laws in some states for lotteries. In addition no dealers or their familes were eligible and if you chose to compete, they would have to put the break in miles on the car which was done by professional drivers and if selected you couldn't transfer or sell your spot. Fwiw, when my dealer heard about this they were thrilled because this meant that I wouldn't be taking my origional order and this gave them an extra allocation. I was offered a substantal amount for my european delivery slot but under the rules you couldn't have both. AMG would take care of everything accept airfare.
It turns out that nine accepted the deal, and seven wanted to race the cars at the Sachsenring.
Several people have asked me what I think it cost.......$137,500 for the car
the memories of picking up the car at the factory driving on the autobahn, and Sachsenring track...PRICELESS.

Jimmy
Old 10-26-2007, 07:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK63 Black, E350 Wagon, Supercharged Denali, Lotus Elise, Tesla Model 3 Dual-Motor.
I'd a given a quart of blood for that tenth spot, if I knew none of the other "invitees" were going to go.

Let me elaborate a little more how this came about.

AMG private lounge announced that it would make 10 cars available for a special factory delivery and an opportunity to compete in the first AMG trophy event at the Sachsenring when the car was launched in New York auto show. You had to be an existing AMG owner, post a picture on the private lounge and agree not to sell the car for 12 months in order to qualify for the allocation. AMG selected the allocations by computer. They wouldn't tell me how it was done, but it had to be on the up and up due to strict laws in some states for lotteries. In addition no dealers or their families were eligible and if you chose to compete, they would have to put the break in miles on the car which was done by professional drivers and if selected you couldn't transfer or sell your spot. Fwiw, when my dealer heard about this they were thrilled because this meant that I wouldn't be taking my original order and this gave them an extra allocation. I was offered a substantial amount for my European delivery slot but under the rules you couldn't have both. AMG would take care of everything accept airfare.
It turns out that nine accepted the deal, and seven wanted to race the cars at the Sachsenring.
Several people have asked me what I think it cost.......$137,500 for the car
the memories of picking up the car at the factory driving on the autobahn, and Sachsenring track...PRICELESS.

Jimmy
Old 10-27-2007, 12:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by MACHC5
I'd a given a quart of blood for that tenth spot, if I knew none of the other "invitees" were going to go.
Mach,
You would have been in good company. The medical van had all blood types for tranfusions. Hey, like Volker said "This is AMG we love horsepower"
Jimmy is out