CLK63 Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the W209 CLK63 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.

FJ mercedes of chicago...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 09:58 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Renntech E63S
FJ mercedes of chicago...

interesting:

i went in to the service location for a part, and asked in passing if they still had the BS at the showroom down the street. the sales person on hand thought it was sold, but called over to the showroom to confirm. he came back and said some fella was coming in today to pick it up, but that it was still there to peak at. fine. i go over to have a look.

walk in and request to see it if at all possible. salesman takes me over and begins trying to sell me this car. he explains the car has been titled, but only has 35 miles on it. "ok, where did you get it?" a broker. "what's a broker?" he says- "well, another dealer." well- what the hell does that mean? why is it titled?

already i'm feeling like this guy is making it up as we go along- and i've been there a whole 90 seconds. after some inane conversation, i ask the selling price. $149k. "really?" i say, come on, dude- what's the bottom line on this car? what will you let it go for? well, we have to fill out a bunch of stuff and then we can go into the office and sit down.

guess again.

i would just like a quote. "ok, $149k." no mention of it being sold already.

by the way, it's black if anyone wants it.
Old 11-07-2007, 09:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 E55, 1959 220s Cabriolet, some other stuff too...
That is a typical Mercedes Benz showroom experience

When will they wake up?
Old 11-08-2007, 10:39 AM

2008 C300W4 Sport, 2006 Honda CBR600F4i
thats stupid im glad the some of the mercedes dealers are smart and just sell the car for sticker.
Old 11-08-2007, 08:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK 63 AMG Black
Bought one car at FJ in Chicago, and that will be the last. The sales process was sticky, and service wasn't great either. Ultimately, I lemon-lawed the car. AS
Old 11-08-2007, 08:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cee Fiddy Five
That's the only MB dealership I haven't been to in the Chicagoland area...guess I won't have to! haha
Old 11-11-2007, 11:51 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Renntech E63S
Originally Posted by MercedesFTW
That's the only MB dealership I haven't been to in the Chicagoland area...guess I won't have to! haha
no kidding here, dude. the couple of people i worked with were high-level jackasses. the environment wasn't mercedes-benz-like. it was kind of like a ***** house. not that i know exactly what a ***** house is like...