CLK63 Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the W209 CLK63 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.

The Amg sport seats seem tight, are they so?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-26-2007, 06:38 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
The Amg sport seats seem tight, are they so?

Checked out the Seats in the CLK63 Black- supposed to be similar to the seats in the C63- Very tight

The local dealership had a CLk63 Black series on display. Luckily I got a chance to sit inside the car to check out the new amg seats. These are the same seats that probably are in the C63 also.

With a light jacket on, the seats were very tight, I used the buttons on the right of the seat to adjust width but even at the widest setting these seats were very confining, not uncomfortable but not much room. Without a jacket the seats were lttle roomy but still were tight

I understand that these seats are better for track use and spirited driving since they hold u tight but for majority of the road use the seats seemed very confining

These look like the same seats in the C63 but not sure if they will be little wider in The C

Owners of CLK63 black , please post a response to my observation and it is just my opinion and I am interested in your observations because the C63 amg will have the same seats ( shape, all powered but not sure if they are the same size )

Thanks very much
Old 12-26-2007, 09:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 86 Likes on 58 Posts
'22 G 63 AMG, '21 GLE 53 AMG, '20 NSX
Originally Posted by smjc_99
Checked out the Seats in the CLK63 Black- supposed to be similar to the seats in the C63- Very tight

The local dealership had a CLk63 Black series on display. Luckily I got a chance to sit inside the car to check out the new amg seats. These are the same seats that probably are in the C63 also.

With a light jacket on, the seats were very tight, I used the buttons on the right of the seat to adjust width but even at the widest setting these seats were very confining, not uncomfortable but not much room. Without a jacket the seats were lttle roomy but still were tight

I understand that these seats are better for track use and spirited driving since they hold u tight but for majority of the road use the seats seemed very confining

These look like the same seats in the C63 but not sure if they will be little wider in The C

Owners of CLK63 black , please post a response to my observation and it is just my opinion and I am interested in your observations because the C63 amg will have the same seats ( shape, all powered but not sure if they are the same size )

Thanks very much
You didn't mention your height and weight so your subjective comment on feeling tight is difficult to compare with others who may not be the same size.
I'm 5'11" 172, and they are perfect. I drove four hours across Germany and can only rave about how good they are.

They appear to be the same in seats in the photos, but it looks like the seat bolsters maybe deeper in the CLK63 black.
Jimmy.
Old 12-26-2007, 09:20 PM
LZH
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
I seriously doubt these will be the same seats in the C63 since they are almost fully manual and have very little adjustment. I cannot imagine MB putting these in a vehicle that is meant for the general public.
I am 6' 175 lbs and they are probably the best seats I have ever been in for a street car. I have yet to take a long haul in them, but I can tell they would not be tiring at all.
Old 12-27-2007, 07:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK 63 AMG Black
I'm 6'1", weighing 196, and I find the seats fit well. I can see it being a problem at a weight of 210 or so (given the same height).
These seats don't even tip forward for access to the rear, so I can't see them going into anything else. AS
Old 12-27-2007, 10:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 86 Likes on 58 Posts
'22 G 63 AMG, '21 GLE 53 AMG, '20 NSX
Originally Posted by alexander stemer
I'm 6'1", weighing 196, and I find the seats fit well. I can see it being a problem at a weight of 210 or so (given the same height).
These seats don't even tip forward for access to the rear, so I can't see them going into anything else. AS
AS
I thought the same thing, but the c63 is a four door and doesn't need rear access. I can see MB addding power fore and aft adjustments. Pictures for various peridicals seem to look like an idential seat. Here's hoping that the CLk 63 black has some distiction for the price over the c63.
Jimmy
Old 12-27-2007, 11:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cee Fiddy Five
I dunno about the CLK BS seats, but I love my C55 seats. I'm 6' and 170lbs and they are comfortable enough for a continous 200 mile drive!