CLK63 Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the W209 CLK63 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.

Buying a BS as a weekend car?

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 4.33 average.

Old 01-10-2008, 08:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK 63 AMG Black
Originally Posted by Clk&Slk
It may be junks.......but I don't have payment. Your's cars are nice but.....it a LEASED so it not really your !!
Can we not reply but guess the country from which people speak like this?
Old 01-10-2008, 08:07 PM
LZH
Banned

CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
Originally Posted by alexander stemer
Can we not reply but guess the country from which people speak like this?
His Erngrish better den mine Vieretimese.
Old 01-10-2008, 08:39 PM
Banned

06' Clk 500 Cabriolet, 01' CL 55, 00' Clk 430
Originally Posted by LZH
Why do you ASSUME his car(s) are leased ?? You said the same thing about mine and I wrote a check for it.

I know people that work in finance at the dealer and that's what they told me and that's fine because that 's the American culture. They borrowed first then pay later. If they can't afford it, then they lease !! I wrote a check for mine too but the differences is, your check is for a down payment on a lease and mine is to get the title. since you wrote the check for it, then you should have the title. Proof it and I'll stop posting here.
Old 01-10-2008, 09:38 PM
LZH
Banned

CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
I know people that work in finance at the dealer and that's what they told me and that's fine because that 's the American culture. They borrowed first then pay later. If they can't afford it, then they lease !! I wrote a check for mine too but the differences is, your check is for a down payment on a lease and mine is to get the title. since you wrote the check for it, then you should have the title. Proof it and I'll stop posting here.
You continue to amaze me with your stupidity and lack of logic. First, you tell me my Black Series is leased. I tell you I bought it and wrote a check for it. Now you tell me you know "people in the finance dept" where I bought the car and they told you (which would be highly illegal) I leased it...hmmm, now you want me to post the title to prove it ?? But wait, if you were telling the truth about knowing people at the dealer who divulged confidential information to you about me - then WHY would you need me to post the title ??? Nonetheless, here it is you little ... - no need to reply as I expect you to stand behind your word in stop posting in this forum. Now, please return to your junker forums where you belong.

PS - I used the back of an expired drivers license to cover my name and address on the title.
Attached Thumbnails Buying a BS as a weekend car?-black-series-title.jpg  

Last edited by LZH; 01-10-2008 at 10:50 PM.
Old 01-10-2008, 10:47 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by LZH
Now you tell me you know "people in the finance dept"

PS - I used the back of an expired drivers license to cover my name and address on the title.

Ossp....(I left out one sentence) I meant to say in the finace dept said that people with expensive car are mostly leased their cars.

Anyway, that title doesn't look right !! How on earth you pay less then
$1K for the registration and taxes on a car that retail for $140K? Even if it just registration alone is still does look right. I pay close to $4K for taxes & Reg. on my car that retail rat half of the BS.

Last edited by Clk&Slk; 01-10-2008 at 10:49 PM.
Old 01-10-2008, 10:55 PM
LZH
Banned

DUDE - You said if I posted the title you would stop posting here; so I did. At least be man enough to stand behind your word....It's pretty clear you had no intention of honoring your word, and have lost all credibility and respect. Do us all a favor and get lost.
Old 01-10-2008, 11:04 PM
Banned

The BS title that is !!
Old 01-10-2008, 11:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 Cayenne Turbo
Ahhhh. Turn it off.
Old 01-11-2008, 01:25 AM

Mercedes CLK63 Black / C36 / SLK55 / GLC63
Wow. I really feel a lot of friction reading this post.

First, I do lease my car. Why? Because I use this as an expense when tax time comes around. This is one of the major reason why people lease the vehicle. Otherwise, just finance the car. I have the money to buy it, but it makes more sense for me to lease it. I use my excess cash and play the stock market. This allows me to make about $2000 to $5000 per trading day. Then, when tax time comes around, I need expenses to offset my capital gains. Thus, lease the car! This way, I have the car I want and money in the bank.

Second, every car depreciates. This is a fact. So if we buy a 140K car, it will not be worth 140K in 2 years of 4 years. On average, most cars depreciate about 15% per year. So after 2 years, it will have a retail value around 100K, not 90K. I will probably keep my car for about 3 years. It really depends on the new models coming out. If the CLK73 Black comes out, I would trade my CLK63 Black in for the CLK73 Black. When I trade in my car, someone will eventually buy the car I trade in. This is how it works. But the person that picks up the car I trade in, he will have depreciation on the same vehicle. So say if someone picks up the CLK63 Black for 100K, after a few years, it will be worth 70K and so on. So if you look at the numbers, I will spend 40K for 2 years. The next owner will send 30K for the next 2 years. So no one should really bash a CLK63 Black owner for spending 140K for a new car. The 140K does not just disappear into a black hole. We need to look at the total cost of ownership for the time we own the vehicle. Remember, there is a residual value for that vehicle when we trade it in.

Third, if no one buys the CLK63 Black, Mercedes would not produce vehicles of similar nature in the future. This would be a tragedy. So the people who can afford the car should buy the car. Without us, other people would never have the opportunity to own such a beautiful vehicle even if it is purchased 2nd hand.

Fourth, I truly enjoy AMG vehicles. I love F1. I love driving the latest and greatest. I am fortunate that I can afford such a vehicle. I am fortunate enough to have 3 AMG vehicles right now. Not too many people can say they have over 1300HP in their garage. Other people are not as fortunate and have to settle. So I will ENJOY my car at the height of its prestige. In a few years, it will lose some of its luster and shine. When the C36 first came out, I was in aww.... The car is about 10 years old now. It is still an AMG. But it does not have the same appeal as it did when it first came out. There will always be newer, faster, attractive cars in the future. But for now, I drive a car that turns heads and is in a special league of its own.

Fifth, people who spend money should not be scolded for doing so. We are all adults that can make our own decisions. When Playstation 3 first came out, people spent 1500 to 3000 for the system. They were hard to get. But people paid the money and enjoyed it. Then there are those who buy the used Playstation 2 from the people who bought the Playstaiton 3.

There will be those who travel coach. And then there are those who travel business or first class.

There will be those who watch TV with 27", their VCR and rabbit ears. An then there are those who have High Definition Satellite with Blue Ray and 60" Flat Screen.

There will be those who buy DVD's when they first come out. Then there will be those who buy DVD's only if they are $5.00 or less.

There will be those who listens to music on their 8 track or cassette tapes. And then there will be those who listens to music with their iPod's.

There will be those who drive a CLK63 Black. And then there will be those who drive a CLK500.

Sixth, with only 350 CLK63 Blacks across the country, it will be tough to find a used one in two or three years. I guess if you make a nightly ritual and check ebay, auto trader, craig's list, all your local Mercedes Dealerships, and any other used car listing service every night, you might find one eventually. It will be tough to find the car in your own state at a particular point in time.

Seventh, there will be Carrera GT's, F430's, Murcielago's, SLR's, Continental GT's, M5's, M6's, Aston Martin's, GT's, and CLK63 Black's. These cars are produced and sold. There are people that can afford and do buy these cars. There will be 500HP Civic's that do 10 seconds in the quarter mile. Sure, these civic's may be faster than the a stock M5. But here is the question, if money was not an object, would you rather drive a civic or a CLK63 Black. I rather drive a CLK63 Black. But if your logic is 'Why pay for 140K for a CLK63 when you can own a civic that is just as fast if not faster', I guess you will be driving a civic.

Finally, people that do not own a CLK63 Black and post negative messages towards owners that do have a CLK63 Black on the CLK63 Black Forum are immature and jealous. Why give all that hate. You hope to be among the CLK63 owners in a few years. If at that time you find and buy a CLK63 Black, you do not want another CLK500 owner criticize you for owning a 100K car that will lose 30K value over a couple of years.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 01-11-2008, 02:29 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Gtuned

First, I do lease my car. Why? Because I use this as an expense when tax time comes around. This is one of the major reason why people lease the vehicle. Otherwise, just finance the car. I have the money to buy it, but it makes more sense for me to lease it. I use my excess cash and play the stock market. This allows me to make about $2000 to $5000 per trading day. Then, when tax time comes around, I need expenses to offset my capital gains. Thus, lease the car! This way, I have the car I want and money in the bank.

Second, every car depreciates. This is a fact. So if we buy a 140K car, it will not be worth 140K in 2 years of 4 years. On average, most cars depreciate about 15% per year. So after 2 years, it will have a retail value around 100K, not 90K. I will probably keep my car for about 3 years. It really depends on the new models coming out. If the CLK73 Black comes out, I would trade my CLK63 Black in for the CLK73 Black. When I trade in my car, someone will eventually buy the car I trade in. This is how it works. But the person that picks up the car I trade in, he will have depreciation on the same vehicle. So say if someone picks up the CLK63 Black for 100K, after a few years, it will be worth 70K and so on. So if you look at the numbers, I will spend 40K for 2 years. The next owner will send 30K for the next 2 years. So no one should really bash a CLK63 Black owner for spending 140K for a new car. The 140K does not just disappear into a black hole. We need to look at the total cost of ownership for the time we own the vehicle. Remember, there is a residual value for that vehicle when we trade it in. .

I reality, this is just an excuses for poeple that leased. Just simple, you lease because you can't afford to buy the car. Just because you leased a car does meant you can claims it as expensive. You have to proof if the car is used for business and good luck in telling the goverment that the $140K BS is for business every day uses. And if you ever get audit on the BS, how do you explain that the BS only got a couple hundred miles used per year? And finally, wasting $2K-$3K plus insurances a month on a lease car is just being dump to me. Btw, what the differences between a "lease" and a "rental" car? No differences, it just words differently. Leasing a $30K car is a difference story.

Last edited by Clk&Slk; 01-11-2008 at 02:33 AM.
Old 01-11-2008, 03:51 AM

I reality, this is just an excuses for poeple that leased. Just simple, you lease because you can't afford to buy the car. Just because you leased a car does meant you can claims it as expensive. You have to proof if the car is used for business and good luck in telling the goverment that the $140K BS is for business every day uses. And if you ever get audit on the BS, how do you explain that the BS only got a couple hundred miles used per year? And finally, wasting $2K-$3K plus insurances a month on a lease car is just being dump to me. Btw, what the differences between a "lease" and a "rental" car? No differences, it just words differently. Leasing a $30K car is a difference story.
If someone cannot afford a car, the credit department would not approve the lease or the loan. They would turn you down. It is that simple. As a business man, I always use money to make money. I might be crazy, but this is how the business world works. When I see a construction project starting, I always see a banner or signage that funding for the construction project is funded by XXX Bank. I am sure that businesses uses Letter of Credits to fund overseas transactions. It is not that the business cannot afford the transaction, but it allows the business to expand and grow.

Do you own a house? Did you finance your house? Just because you finance a house, it does not mean you cannot afford to buy the house.

Say you have 140K. You can use the 140K to pay for the CLK63 Black in full. Or you can lease the CLK63 Black and use the money to buy a rental property. The rental property pays for the CLK63 Black every month and you have a rental property. So what would you rather have: 1) a CLK63 Black Paid Off and Bragging Rights or 2) a leased CLK63 Black and own a rental property.

I use to deliver Pizza when I was 17. I made $25 a night. Now I am in my 30's and have a NET worth over 10 Million. I must be doing something right. I drive a CLK63 Black and you don't.
Old 01-11-2008, 05:32 AM

SL
believe it or not.... my 2 cars have been paid full in cash although leasing is making more sense actually.. but i didn't want to bother...
Old 01-11-2008, 05:34 AM

SL
If someone cannot afford a car, the credit department would not approve the lease or the loan. They would turn you down. It is that simple. As a business man, I always use money to make money. I might be crazy, but this is how the business world works. When I see a construction project starting, I always see a banner or signage that funding for the construction project is funded by XXX Bank. I am sure that businesses uses Letter of Credits to fund overseas transactions. It is not that the business cannot afford the transaction, but it allows the business to expand and grow.

Do you own a house? Did you finance your house? Just because you finance a house, it does not mean you cannot afford to buy the house.

Say you have 140K. You can use the 140K to pay for the CLK63 Black in full. Or you can lease the CLK63 Black and use the money to buy a rental property. The rental property pays for the CLK63 Black every month and you have a rental property. So what would you rather have: 1) a CLK63 Black Paid Off and Bragging Rights or 2) a leased CLK63 Black and own a rental property.

I use to deliver Pizza when I was 17. I made $25 a night. Now I am in my 30's and have a NET worth over 10 Million. I must be doing something right. I drive a CLK63 Black and you don't.

what other car u drive?
Old 01-11-2008, 11:42 AM

CLK 55

u know, thats a pretty stellar plan right there...rental property to pay for cars...genius even...thanks for that tid bit of info.
Old 01-11-2008, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by phonetics
what other car u drive?
I also have a CLS55 and SLK55. I use to have a CLK55 and C55.
Old 01-11-2008, 12:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2017 W205 C43 AMG
AMG Brothers...

Hello AMG brothers, the CLK55 AMG is a beast and a very "enhanced" version of the CLK platform.

But as powerful, solid, and tight as it is, I know that the CLK55 could be so much more, which is why I am enthusiastic about the CLK63 Black Series, and happy for those of you on this forum who are driving one, whether leased/financed/paid cash.

I see the CLK63 BS as a great weekend car, in the same sense as a 996TT or 993TT would be a great weekend car in my mind. The CLK63 is much faster, has no compromises in terms of handling and braking, in which the CLK55, as an "enhanced" CLK500 does.

I used my CLK55 as my daily driver, from everything to get In-n-Out, or go to Costco, or buy a cup of coffee, and it suits me great. I imagine a CLK63 BS might be a little raw to do these daily things in. However, that is what makes the CLK63 a great weekend car. Powerful, no compromises, and @ss-kicking performance and handling!
Old 01-11-2008, 02:50 PM
LZH
Banned

Second, every car depreciates. This is a fact. So if we buy a 140K car, it will not be worth 140K in 2 years of 4 years. On average, most cars depreciate about 15% per year. So after 2 years, it will have a retail value around 100K, not 90K. I will probably keep my car for about 3 years. It really depends on the new models coming out. If the CLK73 Black comes out, I would trade my CLK63 Black in for the CLK73 Black. When I trade in my car, someone will eventually buy the car I trade in. This is how it works. But the person that picks up the car I trade in, he will have depreciation on the same vehicle. So say if someone picks up the CLK63 Black for 100K, after a few years, it will be worth 70K and so on. So if you look at the numbers, I will spend 40K for 2 years. The next owner will send 30K for the next 2 years. So no one should really bash a CLK63 Black owner for spending 140K for a new car. The 140K does not just disappear into a black hole. We need to look at the total cost of ownership for the time we own the vehicle. Remember, there is a residual value for that vehicle when we trade it in.

Third, if no one buys the CLK63 Black, Mercedes would not produce vehicles of similar nature in the future. This would be a tragedy. So the people who can afford the car should buy the car. Without us, other people would never have the opportunity to own such a beautiful vehicle even if it is purchased 2nd hand.

Fourth, I truly enjoy AMG vehicles. I love F1. I love driving the latest and greatest. I am fortunate that I can afford such a vehicle. I am fortunate enough to have 3 AMG vehicles right now. Not too many people can say they have over 1300HP in their garage. Other people are not as fortunate and have to settle. So I will ENJOY my car at the height of its prestige. In a few years, it will lose some of its luster and shine. When the C36 first came out, I was in aww.... The car is about 10 years old now. It is still an AMG. But it does not have the same appeal as it did when it first came out. There will always be newer, faster, attractive cars in the future. But for now, I drive a car that turns heads and is in a special league of its own.

Fifth, people who spend money should not be scolded for doing so. We are all adults that can make our own decisions. When Playstation 3 first came out, people spent 1500 to 3000 for the system. They were hard to get. But people paid the money and enjoyed it. Then there are those who buy the used Playstation 2 from the people who bought the Playstaiton 3.

There will be those who travel coach. And then there are those who travel business or first class.

There will be those who watch TV with 27", their VCR and rabbit ears. An then there are those who have High Definition Satellite with Blue Ray and 60" Flat Screen.

There will be those who buy DVD's when they first come out. Then there will be those who buy DVD's only if they are $5.00 or less.

There will be those who listens to music on their 8 track or cassette tapes. And then there will be those who listens to music with their iPod's.

There will be those who drive a CLK63 Black. And then there will be those who drive a CLK500.

Sixth, with only 350 CLK63 Blacks across the country, it will be tough to find a used one in two or three years. I guess if you make a nightly ritual and check ebay, auto trader, craig's list, all your local Mercedes Dealerships, and any other used car listing service every night, you might find one eventually. It will be tough to find the car in your own state at a particular point in time.

Seventh, there will be Carrera GT's, F430's, Murcielago's, SLR's, Continental GT's, M5's, M6's, Aston Martin's, GT's, and CLK63 Black's. These cars are produced and sold. There are people that can afford and do buy these cars. There will be 500HP Civic's that do 10 seconds in the quarter mile. Sure, these civic's may be faster than the a stock M5. But here is the question, if money was not an object, would you rather drive a civic or a CLK63 Black. I rather drive a CLK63 Black. But if your logic is 'Why pay for 140K for a CLK63 when you can own a civic that is just as fast if not faster', I guess you will be driving a civic.

Finally, people that do not own a CLK63 Black and post negative messages towards owners that do have a CLK63 Black on the CLK63 Black Forum are immature and jealous. Why give all that hate. You hope to be among the CLK63 owners in a few years. If at that time you find and buy a CLK63 Black, you do not want another CLK500 owner criticize you for owning a 100K car that will lose 30K value over a couple of years.

Just my 2 cents.
FANTASTIC post !!! Hope you stick around as we need more people like you on here.
Old 01-11-2008, 03:20 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2008 CLK 63 Black Series, 2013 G63, 2014 RS5 Coupe, 2013 JKUR 10A
I used my CLK55 as my daily driver, from everything to get In-n-Out, or go to Costco, or buy a cup of coffee, and it suits me great. I imagine a CLK63 BS might be a little raw to do these daily things in. However, that is what makes the CLK63 a great weekend car. Powerful, no compromises, and @ss-kicking performance and handling![/QUOTE]

The CLK 63 BS is not that raw at all and in fact has replaced my 550 Maranello as my daily driver.
Old 01-11-2008, 04:03 PM
LZH
Banned

Originally Posted by ET550
The CLK 63 BS is not that raw at all and in fact has replaced my 550 Maranello as my daily driver.
The most "raw" thing about it is the suspension as far as daily driving is concerned...especially in areas where roadways are in bad shape. But, thanks to KW, the suspension is totally adjustable for those that want a more comfortable ride and then take it back to firm for the track
Old 01-11-2008, 04:34 PM

CLK 63 AMG Black
Originally Posted by SoCalCLK
Hello AMG brothers, the CLK55 AMG is a beast and a very "enhanced" version of the CLK platform.

But as powerful, solid, and tight as it is, I know that the CLK55 could be so much more, which is why I am enthusiastic about the CLK63 Black Series, and happy for those of you on this forum who are driving one, whether leased/financed/paid cash.

I see the CLK63 BS as a great weekend car, in the same sense as a 996TT or 993TT would be a great weekend car in my mind. The CLK63 is much faster, has no compromises in terms of handling and braking, in which the CLK55, as an "enhanced" CLK500 does.

I used my CLK55 as my daily driver, from everything to get In-n-Out, or go to Costco, or buy a cup of coffee, and it suits me great. I imagine a CLK63 BS might be a little raw to do these daily things in. However, that is what makes the CLK63 a great weekend car. Powerful, no compromises, and @ss-kicking performance and handling!
A 996tt or 997tt is a much "softer" car than the BS. The BS is a more accurate car to steer, more responsive to throttle inputs, and is more visceral.
It requires a bit more compromise from the driver, but doesn't need to be a "weekend" car. My 996tt on 4 snows has become my daily winter driver. My BS is the daily driver on warmer days. If I could get snows for it, I'd drive it thru the winter as well.
I think a Lotus Elise is a weekend car, since it is so wearing on the highway. Ferrari's tend to be weekend cars, as people are afraid to accumulate miles (in general). Lambo's and Aston's too, but sometimes for reasons of reliability and service demands.
The BS can be serviced anywhere, is not tempremental, works just as well if you are wearing jeans or a tux, and is entertaining every minute. Why waste that for weekends only? AS
Old 01-11-2008, 04:39 PM
JDB

CLK63 Black Series
Daily Driver

I like to drive mine as much as possible. The ride is just fine. It's definitely more firm than most other Mercedes-Benz and even more firm than my friend's CLK55. But, as has been mentioned here by others, it really begins to shine whenever you get to drive a twisty section of highway. The car handles so well that it is hard to properly describe. The cornering ability reminds me of a specially prepared 64 Corvette that I used exclusively for autocrossing. It was more like an overgrown go-kart than a real automobile. It had 11" wide road racing slicks on all four corners on 10" wide rims, along with an ungodly (for the time) amount of horsepower. The difference between the Black Series and that Corvette (that was so stiff that you could count every piece of gravel in the road) is that the Black Series is comfortable, dependable, and well-engineered. Unlike the Corvette, it can be docile and comfortable when you want it to be. My wife can even drive it without the slightest problem.

The only thing that I am concerned about in daily driving is that the car is low, and the front lip extends out toward the front. If one is not careful, it could get scraped or broken on a curb or parking barrier. But, that can be overcome simply by being observant.

Plus, I get enjoyment hearing people tell me what a nice car it is. Definitely fun to drive.
JDB
Old 01-11-2008, 06:18 PM
Banned

[QUOTE=Gtuned;2592408]

If someone cannot afford a car, the credit department would not approve the lease or the loan.

QUOTE]

Yes, but that in general speaking and you should know that since you claimed to be a business man. I can definitely can afford to lease a BS but no way I can afford if I want to buy it because a lease only require a small amount of money down some where in the $5K-$10K and make small payment per month. Where if you want to buy the BS and want to keep the payment the same as on a lease, you would have to come up $50K-$100K as a down payment and this is where alot of people lease because they don't have the big down payment to keep the payment low so they lease because they want to drive nicer car that they can't afford.

Once again, this sure doesn't sound like a business man to me. Finance a home which also mean like buy/finance a car, which mean, it is your at the end of the term. Lease a home or a car, you have to rental it at the end of the term. Like I said before, leasing a car is exactly like renting a car. Leasing a house is exactly like renting a house. It just words differently. Anyway, I'm happy for all of you that own the BS whether you lease it or buy it. I wish I can afford one. My only disappointment on the BS was, it should put the M3 to shame in every performance catagories but instead, it barely beat a car at half the price. Enjoy driving.

Last edited by Clk&Slk; 01-11-2008 at 08:33 PM.
Old 01-11-2008, 08:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2017 W205 C43 AMG
Originally Posted by alexander stemer
A 996tt or 997tt is a much "softer" car than the BS. The BS is a more accurate car to steer, more responsive to throttle inputs, and is more visceral.
It requires a bit more compromise from the driver, but doesn't need to be a "weekend" car. My 996tt on 4 snows has become my daily winter driver. My BS is the daily driver on warmer days. If I could get snows for it, I'd drive it thru the winter as well.
I think a Lotus Elise is a weekend car, since it is so wearing on the highway. Ferrari's tend to be weekend cars, as people are afraid to accumulate miles (in general). Lambo's and Aston's too, but sometimes for reasons of reliability and service demands.
The BS can be serviced anywhere, is not tempremental, works just as well if you are wearing jeans or a tux, and is entertaining every minute. Why waste that for weekends only? AS
Thanks for the insights. A Mercedes will always be a Mercedes, catch my drift?

Mercedes cars are smooth on the hwy and very soft in terms of overall ride delivery. Some enthusiasts mistake this for "poor handling" or the car being a "couch on wheels."

My CLK55 is sporty, yet still smoother than my previously owned CLK430 on Brabus springs.

At first, I thought that the CLK63 BS would be too rough, and more suited for a weekend car, such as a 996TT. I am thinking now that the CLK63 BS is an ultimately tuned W209 CLK and fit for daily use!

However, can you feel the sea breeze and cruise comfortably in a CLK63 BS as you would in a 996TT? Someone in Newport Beach or LA please let me know!!
Old 01-11-2008, 09:45 PM

[QUOTE=Clk&Slk;2593477]

If someone cannot afford a car, the credit department would not approve the lease or the loan.

QUOTE]

Yes, but that in general speaking and you should know that since you claimed to be a business man. I can definitely can afford to lease a BS but no way I can afford if I want to buy it because a lease only require a small amount of money down some where in the $5K-$10K and make small payment per month. Where if you want to buy the BS and want to keep the payment the same as on a lease, you would have to come up $50K-$100K as a down payment and this is where alot of people lease because they don't have the big down payment to keep the payment low so they lease because they want to drive nicer car that they can't afford.

Once again, this sure doesn't sound like a business man to me. Finance a home which also mean like buy/finance a car, which mean, it is your at the end of the term. Lease a home or a car, you have to rental it at the end of the term. Like I said before, leasing a car is exactly like renting a car. Leasing a house is exactly like renting a house. It just words differently. Anyway, I'm happy for all of you that own the BS whether you lease it or buy it. I wish I can afford one. My only disappointment on the BS was, it should put the M3 to shame in every performance catagories but instead, it barely beat a car at half the price. Enjoy driving.
When you buy a car, at some point in time, you will sell the car. And of course at that time, the car will have depreciated from its purchased price. So regardless, if you lease the car, finance the car, or buy the car outright, you will pay for the use of that car.

Say you have the car for 4 years. Let's take it one by one.

Leasing the car:
$4,000 Drive Off (including 1st Month)
$2,600 per Month x 47 Months
Total Amount spent over 48 Months 126,200

Take the Money and invest it in some interest earning account (Conservative 15% per year) - I personally would expect 15% per month, but in the interest of making a point, I will use 15% per Year.
1st Year 122,200 x 15% = 18,330
2nd Year 91,650 x 15% = 13,747
3rd Year 61,100 x 15% = 9,165
4th Year 30,550 x 15% = 4,582

Residual Value (Buy Out) = 55,000
1st Year 55,000 x 15% = 8,250
2nd Year 55,000 x 15% = 8,250
3rd Year 55,000 x 15% = 8,250
4th Year 55,000 x 15% = 8,250
Total Interest Earned for 4 Years = 78,824

Total cost of ownership for 4 years = 47,376 (126,200 - 78,824)

Finance the Car:
$5,000 Drive Off (including 1st Month)
$3,600 per Month x 47 Months
Total Amount spent over 48 Months 174,200

Take the Money and invest it in some interest earning account (Conservative 15% per year)
1st Year 169,200 x 15% = 25,380
2nd Year 126,900 x 15% = 19,035
3rd Year 84,600 x 15% = 12,690
4th Year 42,300 x 15% = 6,345
Total Interest Earned for 4 Years = 63,450

Sold the car for Estimated Market Value 55,350

Total cost of ownership for 4 years = 55,400 (174,200 - 63,450 - 55,350)

Buy Car Outright:
$151,175 Drive Off

Sold the car for Estimated Market Value 55,350

Total cost of ownership for 4 years = 95,825 (151,175 - 55,350)

In summary, if everyone had the money, this would be the total cost of ownership:
Leased: 47,376
Financed: 55,400
Bought Outright: 95,825

Of course, these examples are rough and a person must know how to invest. But the way the numbers look, it looks like leasing is a great alternative. SO AS A BUSINESS MAN, I WOULD CHOOSE LEASING AND USE MY MONEY TO MAKE MONEY.

I think the point you are making is that you must buy the car outright to show that you are financially strong. But face it. The car will depreciate. You will not own this car for the next 30 years. So if you did pay for the car, at some point in time, you would sell the car. And yes, if you bought the car outright, you would spend 95K for 4 years of ownership. Yes you can impress everyone that you paid for the car in full. But with a lease, I would only spend 47,376 for the same ownership.

Let me share something else with you. If your philosophy is that you must pay it before you can buy it, all the car dealerships (including BMW and Mercedes) will cease to exist. Do you think all the cars on the lot are paid for in full. I don't think so. There is a bond against all those cars. Once a car is sold, then payment is made.

Let me share something else with you. It sounds like you are not an entrepenuer or business man. So you must have a job. You most likely pay taxes from your earnings. Deductions are taken from your pay check. Well guess what, the government is using these deductions to make money. That is your money and the government is investing it and making money off your hard work. Of course, they will give you back what is owed to you when refunds are made.

Let me share something else with you. It sounds like you save your money so you can buy a car. That is great. I am sure that you do not hide your money in the living room couch. You most likely deposit in the bank. Earn 1% per year with a savings account or 5% per year in a CD. Guess What. The bank uses your money through loans they make. And from these loans, they make money. Yes, they use your money to make money.

Let me share something else with you. If you are a real smart guy, you probably invest your money in a mutual fund. The mutual fund takes this money and buy stock in the stock market. You look at your statements and see that you are a collective group that owns 200000 shares of Apple this month. Next month, it shows that you don't own the 200000 shares of Apple any more, but you own 150000 shares of Research in Motion. Great. Why do you think the stock changes every month. What the Mutual Fund company fails to tell you is that they use your money to buy stock and they they sell a covered call against those stock that you own and pocket the premium. So every month, the Mutual Fund company is obligated to sell those stock for the strike price, use that money to buy more stock as they see fit, and sell another covered call against the stock you own. Guess what, the mutual fund company is using your money to make money.

Of course, all that I have presented is only valid if you know what to do with your money. If you do not know how to invest in the market or in property, you should just stick to your plan to save and buy the car 2nd hand. But once you buy a CLK63 Black 2nd hand, it will still depreciate. And I expect that your total cost of ownership 2 years will still be more than my cost of ownership over 4 years.

I think I am done with you.
Old 01-11-2008, 10:51 PM
LZH
Banned

I think I am done with you.
LOL - what, did you not want to explain married puts for Mr. Frohawk or would that be over his head ???

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 4.33 average.

Quick Reply: Buying a BS as a weekend car?