CLK63 Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the W209 CLK63 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.

FYI... there is a CPO CLK63 Black for sale

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-25-2008, 12:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
05 E55t, 07 R63, 04 Mini R53 (SOLD):01 s4 avant st3, 06 q7
FYI... there is a CPO CLK63 Black for sale

less and 15 mile on it.... ex-owner drove for 1 day and decided to trade it for a SL65.... "too rough" he say.. 68 year guy.

Now talking about holding it value. well for the dealer it is good.. but that guy lost $$$ on it.. I know how he much lost, but I can not say... it was pretty bad for owning it 1 day.
I guess the any word with "AMG" really suck at holding up it value compare the "M" words.
Old 01-25-2008, 01:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK63 Black, E350 Wagon, Supercharged Denali, Lotus Elise, Tesla Model 3 Dual-Motor.
Originally Posted by 55wagon
less and 15 mile on it.... ex-owner drove for 1 day and decided to trade it for a SL65.... "too rough" he say.. 68 year guy.

Now talking about holding it value. well for the dealer it is good.. but that guy lost $$$ on it.. I know how he much lost, but I can not say... it was pretty bad for owning it 1 day.
I guess the any word with "AMG" really suck at holding up it value compare the "M" words.
Heck of a price to pay for basically a "Test Drive"
Old 01-25-2008, 01:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
SL65, E55T, Pending S65

The question isn't what the gave him for it a day later, the question is what will they sell it for.

Dealers are in the business to make money. They are going to give you as little as they can for ANY trade. Unless you know the details on this whole deal we really can draw any conclusions.

They could have sold him the SL65 for 140K new. Who knows.....
Old 01-25-2008, 01:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL65, E55T, Pending S65
You can't judge resale values from your example.

The exact same thing would have happened if this was a M5.

Oh, except you would not have had a SL65 to step up to.....
Old 01-25-2008, 01:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 74 Likes on 57 Posts
18 G550, 18 C350e
Originally Posted by Schiznick
You can't judge resale values from your example.

The exact same thing would have happened if this was a M5.

Oh, except you would not have had a SL65 to step up to.....
I agree, I see M5s going for as low as $65k from a dealer w/ 2 extra yrs of CPO warranty. In my humble opinion, that is one hell of a deal. I've been in an M5 and that car is AWESOME!
Old 01-25-2008, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by Schiznick
The question isn't what the gave him for it a day later, the question is what will they sell it for.

Dealers are in the business to make money. They are going to give you as little as they can for ANY trade. Unless you know the details on this whole deal we really can draw any conclusions.

They could have sold him the SL65 for 140K new. Who knows.....
he purchased it MSRP... Dealer Trailer it to him in pebble beach... he is a car collecter and he share his garage with jay leno.... so I know he has $$$$$$$$$$..... the lost to him is nothing.
Old 01-25-2008, 02:30 PM
LZH
Banned

CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
you say he lost $$$ on it....sure, if he bought it and paid the taxes, registration, license etc...yeah, he lost all that which is about $20k. I doubt the guy lost much off the sticker...But again, he clearly has more money than sense and $20k is a drop in the bucket for this guy.
Old 01-25-2008, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by LZH
you say he lost $$$ on it....sure, if he bought it and paid the taxes, registration, license etc...yeah, he lost all that which is about $20k. I doubt the guy lost much off the sticker...But again, he clearly has more money than sense and $20k is a drop in the bucket for this guy.
whole lot less than sticker.... All I can say is that the dealer brought it back cheap... I should buy but dont have the $$$ for it...
Old 01-25-2008, 02:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL65, E55T, Pending S65
whole lot less than sticker.... All I can say is that the dealer brought it back cheap... I should buy but dont have the $$$ for it...
What was the point of this again? Some customer let himself get screwed? A fool and his money are soon parted.
Old 01-25-2008, 07:20 PM

CLK 63 AMG Black
Originally Posted by Holson
I agree, I see M5s going for as low as $65k from a dealer w/ 2 extra yrs of CPO warranty. In my humble opinion, that is one hell of a deal. I've been in an M5 and that car is AWESOME!
I've been in an M5, drove it at the track, and I'd say it is very good, not great. Definitely not a track car (way too much front end roll), very good on the highway, but not extraordinary. AS
Old 01-26-2008, 03:23 PM

2005 S55

If he shares a garage with Jay Leno why wouldn't he have just test drove his before buying this one? If it's a CPO at the dealer what's it listed for now?

Is it just me, but if you're trying to make a point about numbers, shouldn't you give some?

I'm not arguing either way, but you're saying he got screwed and resale value is horrible (compared to your precious M's) .. so, what's resale? What did he lose?

Please put some numbers/facts to how this tranaction proves your quote "I guess any word with "AMG" really suck at holding up it value compare to the "M" words" (you can clean up the grammar too, but I digress).
Old 02-05-2008, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by shaw01
If he shares a garage with Jay Leno why wouldn't he have just test drove his before buying this one? If it's a CPO at the dealer what's it listed for now?

Is it just me, but if you're trying to make a point about numbers, shouldn't you give some?

I'm not arguing either way, but you're saying he got screwed and resale value is horrible (compared to your precious M's) .. so, what's resale? What did he lose?

Please put some numbers/facts to how this tranaction proves your quote "I guess any word with "AMG" really suck at holding up it value compare to the "M" words" (you can clean up the grammar too, but I digress).

You ask too much question.. just go or call SF mercedes benz. to see the car.
Old 02-05-2008, 05:43 PM

2005 S55
You ask too much question.. just go or call SF mercedes benz. to see the car.
You make too much quote to give no numbers.

It's your claim in your thread .. you give no figures but make bold statements .. back them up .. or at least work on the grammar

Are you familiar with the term ATNA? All Talk, No Action? Your claims are much hot air which even include unfavorable comparisons to your precious M's .. yet days and days later, still no #'s?

Again, I'm open to hearing what you base your statements on, so if you have something to base them on, please post here. If not, just admit you were blowing hot air out your *** and I'll leave it at that.