CLK63 Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the W209 CLK63 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.

1ST POST & PICS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-22-2008, 12:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LET C32 2002
Old 08-22-2008, 03:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
G63 AMG, SL65 AMG, CLS550, S550, Tesla Model S Performance, Challenger SRT8
Originally Posted by JDB
Agreed, that most people aren't willing or able to purchase this car . . .

. . . but bad economy or not, if these cars on eBay are the real deal and in good shape, I still think that the few that are available would find a home.

Or, maybe the only real buyers that are still left in this current economy are the type that only want to purchase their cars new, directly from M-B dealers. It will be interesting to see what plays out in the secondary market in the months to come.

JDB

I've been watching every single BS on eBay and most of them are being relisted time after time. Should say something.
Old 08-22-2008, 04:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 140 Likes on 107 Posts
ML350
actually ebay is like that for lots of cars....not just the BS. So lets not assume there is something wrong with the BS just cuz they arent selling on ebay. That is flawed logic.

T
Old 08-22-2008, 06:48 PM
JDB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK63 Black Series
Originally Posted by Doctodd33
actually ebay is like that for lots of cars....not just the BS. So lets not assume there is something wrong with the BS just cuz they arent selling on ebay. That is flawed logic.

T
Just to clarify things a bit . . .

I wasn't suggesting that there is anything wrong with the CLK63 Black Series, I love the car!

What I was suggesting was that these cars that are continually being re-listed on eBay might not be selling because those particular cars might have some undesirable issues . . . damage, abuse, etc.

JDB
Old 08-22-2008, 09:54 PM
Almost a Member!

2008 CLK 63 Black Series
Originally Posted by JDB
Just to clarify things a bit . . .

I wasn't suggesting that there is anything wrong with the CLK63 Black Series, I love the car!

What I was suggesting was that these cars that are continually being re-listed on eBay might not be selling because those particular cars might have some undesirable issues . . . damage, abuse, etc.

JDB
If you can find something wrong with my car, you can have it.
Old 08-22-2008, 10:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 SL55
Originally Posted by MercPlease
I've been watching every single BS on eBay and most of them are being relisted time after time. Should say something.
I think it has more to do with ebay and the economy than anything else. I have sold 4 or 5 of my cars on ebay in the last few years and sometimes it has taken 6 or 7 auctions b/f it finally sold. Since when does a car have to sell in the first or even the second auction or its a dog? In all cases it was someone who bought the car who just saw the auction for the very first time b/f buying it. Don't get discouraged by people here or anywhere else who will point out that the car has been on ebay once b/f or twice b/f or three times or four times...... They are not your buyers anyway and in fact it has little to do with the desireability of a particular car, the right person has to see the auction. It only takes ONE person to see the car and buy it no matter how many times the auction has run previously!
Old 08-22-2008, 11:01 PM
Almost a Member!

2008 CLK 63 Black Series
Originally Posted by chuck z
I think it has more to do with ebay and the economy than anything else. I have sold 4 or 5 of my cars on ebay in the last few years and sometimes it has taken 6 or 7 auctions b/f it finally sold. Since when does a car have to sell in the first or even the second auction or its a dog? In all cases it was someone who bought the car who just saw the auction for the very first time b/f buying it. Don't get discouraged by people here or anywhere else who will point out that the car has been on ebay once b/f or twice b/f or three times or four times...... They are not your buyers anyway and in fact it has little to do with the desireability of a particular car, the right person has to see the auction. It only takes ONE person to see the car and buy it no matter how many times the auction has run previously!
BINGO!
Old 08-23-2008, 06:39 AM
JDB

CLK63 Black Series
Red face Sorry

Originally Posted by LOOSH
If you can find something wrong with my car, you can have it.
LOOSH,

I didn't mean to imply that there was something wrong with your car.

It looks great, and I hope that the right person spots it, and gives you the price you deserve, for all of the work that you have put into it!

JDB
Old 08-25-2008, 12:46 AM

'98 C43 AMG. Obsidian Blk w/2 tone slvr/blk interior
good luck with the sale loosh, i love the custom suede headliner, not crazy about the stereo, im more in the "lighter is better" boat, but its well done and looks good so it doesnt detract from the car whatsoever.

jr and jt, i can see how you guys are irritated by this marty guy, but it should be obvious that he doesnt own a BS, his grammar is terrible and his remarks are childish (maybe even mentally challenged, not a joke). you can then conclude that he isnt responsible/competent enough to purchase or own a BS....
Old 08-25-2008, 10:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
I have purchased entire fleets of semi's on e-bay for my company, but when it comes down to purchasing a $100k-$200k plus sports car I would never even consider e-bay. There too many variables with a car like this, a lot of these cars get beat on and abused, I think most buyers of these types of vehicles would rather buy it from a local dealer or local private owner where they can see and drive the vehicle, I know I do. I would never even waste my time lising one of my higher end cars on e-bay if I wanted to move it quickly. I would be more inclined to work with a local M-B or other local high line dealership and work out a consignment deal with them, as much as we all hate dealerships they are still the place most people go to look for and purchase a car. Even in this day of e-bay and online automobile sales people still head out to their local dealers to "tire kick", evaluate and test drive the actual cars before they go back home and click the mouse. You will never gat more "real" trafic than at a real dealership, even now days.

Originally Posted by chuck z
Old 08-25-2008, 12:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 140 Likes on 107 Posts
ML350
i would consider a high end car on ebay....i bought my cobra site unseen and have been thrilled with it. It was new and factory direct though....they are 2 counties away.

I would buy Loosh's car if it were the right time since i dont think the radio takes away from the integrity of the car....it can be removed. The integrity of a car is very important and unfortunatley when buying cars/boats you have to buy thinking about the next guy.

And the rear strut tower brace is still there, just hidden....correct me if im wrong.

T
Old 08-25-2008, 09:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 SL55
Originally Posted by jrcart
I have purchased entire fleets of semi's on e-bay for my company, but when it comes down to purchasing a $100k-$200k plus sports car I would never even consider e-bay. There too many variables with a car like this, a lot of these cars get beat on and abused, I think most buyers of these types of vehicles would rather buy it from a local dealer or local private owner where they can see and drive the vehicle, I know I do. I would never even waste my time lising one of my higher end cars on e-bay if I wanted to move it quickly. I would be more inclined to work with a local M-B or other local high line dealership and work out a consignment deal with them, as much as we all hate dealerships they are still the place most people go to look for and purchase a car. Even in this day of e-bay and online automobile sales people still head out to their local dealers to "tire kick", evaluate and test drive the actual cars before they go back home and click the mouse. You will never gat more "real" trafic than at a real dealership, even now days.
Perhaps you feel the way you do b/c you live in a very large city where you can go down to your local dealer to see and drive the car of your choice? You ever bought a car without ever driving it? I did, the CLK63BS was purchased without ever driving it until we drove it off the lot. If I want to see/drive an Aston Martin, F-car or Maser, I'm driving 2 hours to Greensboro. Bentley, 1.5 hours to Highpoint. Perhaps people go to a dealer and look at and drive the particular car then search for it on the net? I've done a lot of that......

Granted, the cars I've sold haven't been supper expensive exotics but they ranged in price from $65-90k and had all the $ usually b/f the buyer ever saw the car. For me, it’s always been about writing a good ad with lots of high res pics, establishing a rapport and gaining the trust of a potential buyer. I'm an easily verifiable individual b/c of my involvement with PCA, 928 community and my website. I've never had any issues and I wouldn't hesitate to buy a car like Loosh's on ebay from a trusted seller after doing all the due diligence possible (PPI, having a knowledgeable list member check it out, lots of high res pics, lots of conversation with the seller.....), you can usually tell if you're dealing with a trustworthy individual or not.

Ebay is great advertising much like autotrader or cars.com but with a much larger audience (well, until they changed their feedback policy to be so slanted against the seller, *****head buyers are driving all the good sellers away in droves).

Last edited by user z478747; 08-25-2008 at 09:06 PM.
Old 08-25-2008, 09:16 PM
Almost a Member!

2008 CLK 63 Black Series
Originally Posted by Doctodd33
i would consider a high end car on ebay....i bought my cobra site unseen and have been thrilled with it. It was new and factory direct though....they are 2 counties away.

I would buy Loosh's car if it were the right time since i dont think the radio takes away from the integrity of the car....it can be removed. The integrity of a car is very important and unfortunatley when buying cars/boats you have to buy thinking about the next guy.

And the rear strut tower brace is still there, just hidden....correct me if im wrong.

T
Yes, the strut brace is still there.
Old 09-12-2008, 12:33 AM
Almost a Member!

2008 CLK 63 Black Series
Hey guys, sold the car and I still have the stock wheels and tires. I have them for sale in classifieds section if you want to see some pics. PM me if you are looking for another set. The lips all match and they are stamped made in Italy. Thanks.