CLK63 Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the W209 CLK63 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.

Great job Evosport!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 11:50 PM
SMP
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
CLK63 Black Series
Great job Evosport!

A couple of weeks ago I dropped off my car at Evosport for some upgrades. The work included ECU tuning, suspension adjustments and installation of a new exhaust system. I just got my car back and couldn't be happier with the work they performed. I thought the car was fast before, but now, it is an onslaught of acceleration. The exhaust note changed quiet a bit - it sounds even better, which is hard to believe. Turn-in is more crisp and precise. Essentially the whole package just got better.
Thank you Simon and everyone at Evosport for all your hard work.
Attached Thumbnails Great job Evosport!-dscn1638_3_5.jpg   Great job Evosport!-dscn1662.jpg   Great job Evosport!-dscn1678.jpg   Great job Evosport!-dscn1650.jpg   Great job Evosport!-dscn1652.jpg  

Old 05-30-2008, 01:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C43, SLK32, CLK63 Black Series
Nice. I really like the dead pedal. The car should have come that way.
Old 05-30-2008, 02:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LET C32 2002
Question

I am interested in just the dead pedal amg pedal can anyone show me how to get it?
Old 05-30-2008, 08:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
08 SL55
Sounds like some great upgrades. What did you have done to the exhaust? It appears you are using the stock tips?
Old 05-30-2008, 10:35 AM
Out Of Control!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SMP
A couple of weeks ago I dropped off my car at Evosport for some upgrades. The work included ECU tuning, suspension adjustments and installation of a new exhaust system. I just got my car back and couldn't be happier with the work they performed. I thought the car was fast before, but now, it is an onslaught of acceleration. The exhaust note changed quiet a bit - it sounds even better, which is hard to believe. Turn-in is more crisp and precise. Essentially the whole package just got better.
Thank you Simon and everyone at Evosport for all your hard work.
Congrats! Car looks bad @$$ in stock form now you just made it meaner! A few questions.

1. Did you do a before and after dyno? What was the result?
2. When you say suspension adjustment, did you just lower the car using the stock suspension or are you running H&R springs?
3. The exhaust system included what? Did you have your resonators deleted?

Again congrats on the mods!
Old 05-30-2008, 11:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Looks great! Did you go with long tube headers, shorties or stock? Cat or deleted? Evosport does great work, such great attention to detail. I would suggest them to anyone wanting to mod a high end, luxury performance car.
Old 05-30-2008, 12:44 PM
SMP
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK63 Black Series
Originally Posted by JamE55
Congrats! Car looks bad @$$ in stock form now you just made it meaner! A few questions.

1. Did you do a before and after dyno? What was the result?
2. When you say suspension adjustment, did you just lower the car using the stock suspension or are you running H&R springs?
3. The exhaust system included what? Did you have your resonators deleted?

Again congrats on the mods!
Thank you for your kind words. Didn't dyno the car but might do it when I bring it back for the rear brake upgrade. There is a noticeable difference the way it hangs on the throttle now. My guess is around 550hp. I wanted a street set up, so I kept the stock springs, lowered it and made the front end stiffer. I considered H&R springs and lowering it further, but that would make the car almost impossible to drive around town. I live by the beach, nothing but hills and high driveways. Since I wanted to keep the car "legal", I kept the stock exhaust manifold and primary cats. Deleted secondary cats and resonators.
Old 05-30-2008, 01:03 PM
SMP
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK63 Black Series
Originally Posted by jrcart
Looks great! Did you go with long tube headers, shorties or stock? Cat or deleted? Evosport does great work, such great attention to detail. I would suggest them to anyone wanting to mod a high end, luxury performance car.
Thank you Jim, your car was my inspiration. I live in CA and wanted to keep the primary cats, so no headers. Deleted secondary cats and resonators.
Like you said, Evosport really pays attention to detail. I highly recommend them.
Old 05-30-2008, 01:07 PM
SMP
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK63 Black Series
Originally Posted by SteveL
Nice. I really like the dead pedal. The car should have come that way.
I agree, like Porsche's and M's do.