CLK63 Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the W209 CLK63 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.

Mercedes Orange?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-21-2009, 04:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK Black
Originally Posted by LZH
Correct....and that car pictured above is about as similar to it's roadgoing sibling as Tony Stewart's Impala is to the Impala you buy at the dealer. They have almost nothing whatsoever in common.

JDB - Almost ALL AMG's are sold in North America.... With that being said, my first suggestion would be to start a factory racing campaign in either ALMS or Grand Am.

While a good number of AMG's are sold in the US, I heard at the NY auto show that it is more like 40%. Certainly not almost all.

While I would love to see AMG run in ALMS or Grand Am, I think the money they would need to spend to come out of the gate with a near winning team would make the business case a difficult one.

I would be happy to see them just run the Nurburgring 24 race as a start.
Old 07-21-2009, 09:27 PM
JDB

CLK63 Black Series
Re: AMG Sales

There certainly is an enthusiastic group of owners who regularly participate in the European AMG Driving Academy Events. I think the worldwide distribution of these cars is much more ubiquitous than just in the U.S.

Surely, besides Europe, a boatload or two must wind up in the Middle East and Asia, now and then.

JDB
Old 07-21-2009, 11:12 PM

'00 CLK430 & '08 Lexus RX 350
ONE WORD: GUMBALL