CLK63 Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the W209 CLK63 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.

Selling the BS.... Price?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 04:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
08 SL55
Originally Posted by Eurosport
noob, you have no idea... is it the "crybabies" comment that ticked you off that bad? seriously good luck with the sale, unload it fast 70k is just around the corner.
Not ticked at all. I think guys like you are funny. You're here just to stir the pot. A look at your posting history will confirm that. Little to no substance in anything you have to say/post. You are simply a post ***** troll, 2100 posts on the same thread? Please go back to Off Topic......
Old 01-15-2009, 05:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK63 Black Series
Could everyone please stop trying to provoke an argument? First off I'm 100% sure that everyone here that actually owns a BS can afford to write off the depreciation and second we probably all expected it. I know I did. I can afford a 70k sale today if I needed the money but the fact is BS owners for the most part aren't hurting for cash. Dealers are killing the price at the moment trying to unload year end inventory, not real owners.

Stay classy mbworld
Old 01-15-2009, 05:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK63 AMG Black Series, CL55 AMG, ML350, Audi S4
Originally Posted by vmspionage
Could everyone please stop trying to provoke an argument? First off I'm 100% sure that everyone here that actually owns a BS can afford to write off the depreciation and second we probably all expected it. I know I did. I can afford a 70k sale today if I needed the money but the fact is BS owners for the most part aren't hurting for cash. Dealers are killing the price at the moment trying to unload year end inventory, not real owners.

Stay classy mbworld

DITTO !!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-15-2009, 06:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'14 ML BT
Originally Posted by vmspionage
Could everyone please stop trying to provoke an argument? ....

Stay classy mbworld
If only Rodney King had been so eloquent!

Euro, think about it for a moment, Chuckz is not a noob here on the Black Series board.
Does that make you wonder who might be a noob in this 'hood?

Noob, that cracked me up!
Old 01-15-2009, 07:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 140 Likes on 107 Posts
ML350
Eurosport....i was directing my posts to stiggs for his hateful statements. But i guess you took offense? You might be projecting.
Old 01-16-2009, 01:30 AM

CLK 63 AMG Black
I'd most like seeing us get back to productive discussions. The economy is crappy, and that falling water level makes all boats ride lower. Personally, I expect my car to depreciate to $25,000 before I sell it with over 100,000 miles on it. That will be in about 10 years. The specific year that it bottoms out is less significant to me.
If prices were high, I wouldn't sell, because there is nothing else I want more. With prices low, I congratulate all the smart and lucky souls who can take advantage of the current circumstance.
I am old enough to recall when vintage Can-Am cars could be purchased for $17,000. Yes, I bought one at that price in 1981. I had passed on a 1965 Shelby Mustang priced at $5,000, and earlier couldn't make the reach to an original Ford GT40 priced at $12,000 (my offer of $11,000 was declined in 1971).
Everybody who purchased those under-priced cars was a happy customer. If you can buy a BS at $70,000, congratulations. If they fall to $60,000 (which I expect), and that makes it possible for some lucky soul to step into one, I am happy for you. Welcome to the club. But, can we please stop paying attention to mindless idiots who lurk the internet just to screw up everybody else's day? I paid full sticker for my car, and am a satisfied customer. AS
Old 01-16-2009, 09:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK63 Black, E350 Wagon, Supercharged Denali, Lotus Elise, Tesla Model 3 Dual-Motor.
Originally Posted by alexander stemer
I'd most like seeing us get back to productive discussions. The economy is crappy, and that falling water level makes all boats ride lower. Personally, I expect my car to depreciate to $25,000 before I sell it with over 100,000 miles on it. That will be in about 10 years. The specific year that it bottoms out is less significant to me.
If prices were high, I wouldn't sell, because there is nothing else I want more. With prices low, I congratulate all the smart and lucky souls who can take advantage of the current circumstance.
I am old enough to recall when vintage Can-Am cars could be purchased for $17,000. Yes, I bought one at that price in 1981. I had passed on a 1965 Shelby Mustang priced at $5,000, and earlier couldn't make the reach to an original Ford GT40 priced at $12,000 (my offer of $11,000 was declined in 1971).
Everybody who purchased those under-priced cars was a happy customer. If you can buy a BS at $70,000, congratulations. If they fall to $60,000 (which I expect), and that makes it possible for some lucky soul to step into one, I am happy for you. Welcome to the club. But, can we please stop paying attention to mindless idiots who lurk the internet just to screw up everybody else's day? I paid full sticker for my car, and am a satisfied customer. AS
I'm with Alex on this. I ordered mine and paid list.
I get great satisfaction knowing nobody else has screwed with it.
It seems that the current "poser buyers" are acting like buzzard's on a fence.
MachC5

Last edited by MACHC5; 01-17-2009 at 01:16 AM.
Old 01-17-2009, 12:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2003 CLK55
Originally Posted by Doctodd33
Eurosport....i was directing my posts to stiggs for his hateful statements. But i guess you took offense? You might be projecting.
Not to keep adding fuel to the fire but hey....whatelse do I have to do on a "public forum"?
I didn't think my comments were hateful. I just love seeing all these high priced cars tank. Sorry if you personally took offense. It was a blanket statement...I wasn't picking on just one BS owner, but rather all of them. Hey, my car is tanking too, of course I'm not trying to sell it in a crappy economy. My opinion was one of a buyer looking for a great deal on a great car. If I was in the market for a BS then I'd be hoping for it to tank some more.

Eurosport and I have been around this forum for quite some time. I've seen alot of people come and go here. So far Doctodd and Chuck haven't impressed me. Show us OG's some respect. Its not projecting......We protect our own.
I love seeing noobs try to say we don't know what we're talking about here.
When you've been here as long as we have then you can spout crap like that.
Old 01-17-2009, 12:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 CLK55
The funny thing is....I wouldn't buy a CLK BS. I'm more of a CLS63 person myself. I guess I just keep arguing here because I'm bored....and you guys are too easy.
Old 01-17-2009, 12:33 AM
LZH
Banned

CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
Originally Posted by Stiggs
The funny thing is....I wouldn't buy a CLK BS. I'm more of a CLS63 person myself. I guess I just keep arguing here because I'm bored....and you guys are too easy.

No one is "arguing" with you, retard. You have no point other than the ignorant/selfish comment about the economy, you've admitted that you don't want a Black Series and you have nothing productive to offer regarding the topic at hand. So, please, pretty please....do us all a favor, STFU and get lost.
Old 01-17-2009, 12:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm not selling any of my vehicles. I don't give a rats @ss about the economy. Let it tank. I'll be fine. (knock on wood)
I will not retract any statement I said. You all can suck my *****.
Stiggs,

I think you spend so much time sucking your own *****, that there is no opportunity for anyone else!
Old 01-17-2009, 12:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 CLK55
Originally Posted by LZH
No one is "arguing" with you, retard. You have no point other than the ignorant/selfish comment about the economy, you've admitted that you don't want a Black Series and you have nothing productive to offer regarding the topic at hand. So, please, pretty please....do us all a favor, STFU and get lost.

You've hurt my feelings. Now I will leave.

Maybe
Old 01-17-2009, 12:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 CLK55
Originally Posted by fickleone
Stiggs,

I think you spend so much time sucking your own *****, that there is no opportunity for anyone else!
Dude...if I could suck my own ***** I'd never leve the house for work!
Old 01-17-2009, 06:58 AM

If your not interested in a BS (for what ever reason - looks -not being able to afford one - whatever ) then why do you persist hanging out on the BS forum. If, as you say you are more of a CLS person then please go to that forum and leave this one. Sounds to me like you would love to be like most of us that ACTUALLY own one; but for what ever your motive may be; jealously perhaps, you persist on being a major PIA. I don't care if you have been around along time on this forum. You earn respect you don't get it by just being there. I bet if you played sports on high school or college you sat the bench and then tried to impress eveyone with you stories of how you played in the big game. People like you that just try to insite discontent have issues that go deeper than car envy. I hate what you are trying to do to in this forum but in a larger sense I pity you.
Old 01-17-2009, 08:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 SL55
Eurosport and I have been around this forum for quite some time. I've seen alot of people come and go here. So far Doctodd and Chuck haven't impressed me. Show us OG's some respect. Its not projecting......We protect our own.
I love seeing noobs try to say we don't know what we're talking about here.
When you've been here as long as we have then you can spout crap like that.
Being here a long time and having a bazzilion posts is really something to be proud of..... You obviously spend a lot of your time here (probably other boards too) trying to come off as a witty insightful individual who has the respect (or should have the respect at least according to yourself....) of anyone with less time or fewer posts..... I've got news for you smart guy, you have none of it.

So please go back to Off Topic or the CLS board or where ever people enjoy your insightful and witty jabs b/c I'm sensing not many folks here do.

Besides, you're way behind the TOW post you better get going....

Old 01-17-2009, 08:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 CLK55
Originally Posted by selynn
If your not interested in a BS (for what ever reason - looks -not being able to afford one - whatever ) then why do you persist hanging out on the BS forum. If, as you say you are more of a CLS person then please go to that forum and leave this one. Sounds to me like you would love to be like most of us that ACTUALLY own one; but for what ever your motive may be; jealously perhaps, you persist on being a major PIA. I don't care if you have been around along time on this forum. You earn respect you don't get it by just being there. I bet if you played sports on high school or college you sat the bench and then tried to impress eveyone with you stories of how you played in the big game. People like you that just try to insite discontent have issues that go deeper than car envy. I hate what you are trying to do to in this forum but in a larger sense I pity you.
I didn't play sports in high school. Nice try though. I see what you were going for. You missed the mark on the deep seated jealousy issues too. I'm perfectly happy with my AMG. I'm not a hater by anymeans. I just say it like it is.
I hang around here because I think the BS is an awesome car. Overpriced but awesome. I hang around the C63 forum because I think that car is awesome. See a pattern yet? Of course I'd love to own a BS.....what MB fan wouldn't but thats not the reason why I posted in this thread. I posted here because there were alot of cry babies that hated to see their car depreciate and trust me, I went through that phase when my CLK55 tanked. I learned a valuable lesson from that, cars depreciate, case closed, suck it up and move on. I came here with an attitude that this bad economy is great for car buyers and I hope it continues to tank. Sorry that rubbed you guys the wrong way but I will not differ on that stance. I hope this car market falls through the floor. I love great deals, what can I say.

I'm not going to leave because a bunch of people with less than a thousand posts between them tell me to. I've been here to long to fall for that crap. Yes, respect is earned but I"m not here for your respect, no offense. If you want mine then you are the ones that will have to earn it. I speak my mind no matter how abrasive it may be. If you don't like it then don't respond. I'm not in this forum to make everyone like me.

Damn Stiggs....you are on a roll today!
Old 01-17-2009, 10:33 AM

CLK 63 AMG Black
I came here with an attitude that this bad economy is great for car buyers and I hope it continues to tank. Sorry that rubbed you guys the wrong way but I will not differ on that stance. I hope this car market falls through the floor. I love great deals, what can I say.

I
You are on a roll, Stiggs. So, why don't you let it roll you somewhere else? About the time you get what you wish for, you might recognize the above quote as profoundly annoying, sophomoric, and just plain dumb. I don't think anybody minds recognizing the truth, but your post is asinine. With that philosophy, nobody should pay any attention to anything else you might have to offer. You just labeled yourself a total jerk. Have a nice life (elsewhere). AS
Old 01-17-2009, 11:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'14 ML BT
I say keep posting Stiggs.

Every post reveals a bit more of your character and so far you're providing an interesting look into abnormal psychology.
Old 01-17-2009, 02:06 PM

I didn't play sports in high school. Nice try though. I see what you were going for. You missed the mark on the deep seated jealousy issues too. I'm perfectly happy with my AMG. I'm not a hater by anymeans. I just say it like it is.
I hang around here because I think the BS is an awesome car. Overpriced but awesome. I hang around the C63 forum because I think that car is awesome. See a pattern yet? Of course I'd love to own a BS.....what MB fan wouldn't but thats not the reason why I posted in this thread. I posted here because there were alot of cry babies that hated to see their car depreciate and trust me, I went through that phase when my CLK55 tanked. I learned a valuable lesson from that, cars depreciate, case closed, suck it up and move on. I came here with an attitude that this bad economy is great for car buyers and I hope it continues to tank. Sorry that rubbed you guys the wrong way but I will not differ on that stance. I hope this car market falls through the floor. I love great deals, what can I say.

I'm not going to leave because a bunch of people with less than a thousand posts between them tell me to. I've been here to long to fall for that crap. Yes, respect is earned but I"m not here for your respect, no offense. If you want mine then you are the ones that will have to earn it. I speak my mind no matter how abrasive it may be. If you don't like it then don't respond. I'm not in this forum to make everyone like me.

Stigg
You need to get your stories straight. You say your a "CLS fan" in a previous post and then you complain about your phase when you "CLK55 TANKED" Wow ! go figure. In case you haven't looked, your car is 6 six years old and the others you list are 10 years old. If you were looking for an appreciating investment you are "as dumb as you seem" Then you state that you hang aroung the C63 forum. You state "Of course I'd love to own a BS.....what MB fan wouldn't" but all you do is complain about them being overpriced. Well- maybe to YOU they are over priced but to most of us the ACTUALLY own them "maybe not" This is my favorite quote from you "Yes, respect is earned but I"m not here for your respect, no offense. If you want mine then you are the ones that will have to earn it." Trust me when I tell you this - it is for your own good and you should learn from it. NO PERSON ON THIS FORUM RESPECTS YOU OR YOUR OPINIONS AND CERTAINLY NO PERSON GIVES A HOOT ABOUT IF YOU RESPECT THEM. - Get a life !
Old 01-17-2009, 06:42 PM

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts
[QUOTE=Stiggs;3279709]I didn't play sports in high school. Nice try though. I see what you were going for. You missed the mark on the deep seated jealousy issues too. I'm perfectly happy with my AMG. I'm not a hater by anymeans. I just say it like it is.
QUOTE]

Be careful what you ask for...next thing you know you're in the unemployment line.
Old 01-17-2009, 09:19 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2001 CLK 55 AMG
I posted here because there were alot of cry babies that hated to see their car depreciate and trust me, I went through that phase when my CLK55 tanked. I learned a valuable lesson from that, cars depreciate, case closed, suck it up and move on.

Yep, and 8 years from now the OG Black Series guys from "the class of '08" will be educating the hotshots who own year 2017 Benzs and the 2017 guys will be squawking saying the OG's are jealous and can't afford these fine cars.

Well this old guy knows the BS market is tanking and that the earth's yearly trip around the sun doesn't seem to take as long as it used to and before I know it, a BS will be parked in my garage- for a severely discounted price.

BTW, this is possibly the most interesting thread this pretentious BS forum has seen.
Old 01-17-2009, 10:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 CLK55
[QUOTE=Frankster;3280458]
QUOTE]

Be careful what you ask for...next thing you know you're in the unemployment line.
Nah...I doubt it.
Old 01-17-2009, 10:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 CLK55
Originally Posted by DFW01E55
I say keep posting Stiggs.

Every post reveals a bit more of your character and so far you're providing an interesting look into abnormal psychology.
Oh man...now I need to sit on the couch with a shrink.
Old 01-17-2009, 10:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'14 ML BT
Originally Posted by pigman

BTW, this is possibly the most interesting thread this pretentious BS forum has seen.
Oh good, another valuable opinion.
Old 01-18-2009, 07:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 CLK55
Originally Posted by selynn

Stigg
You need to get your stories straight. You say your a "CLS fan" in a previous post and then you complain about your phase when you "CLK55 TANKED" Wow ! go figure. In case you haven't looked, your car is 6 six years old and the others you list are 10 years old. If you were looking for an appreciating investment you are "as dumb as you seem" Then you state that you hang aroung the C63 forum. You state "Of course I'd love to own a BS.....what MB fan wouldn't" but all you do is complain about them being overpriced. Well- maybe to YOU they are over priced but to most of us the ACTUALLY own them "maybe not" This is my favorite quote from you "Yes, respect is earned but I"m not here for your respect, no offense. If you want mine then you are the ones that will have to earn it." Trust me when I tell you this - it is for your own good and you should learn from it. NO PERSON ON THIS FORUM RESPECTS YOU OR YOUR OPINIONS AND CERTAINLY NO PERSON GIVES A HOOT ABOUT IF YOU RESPECT THEM. - Get a life !
You've got it all wrong man. I've never said a car was an appreciating asset. I know they depreciate. It was the guys in this thread that were crying about that, not me. I plan on keep my cars until they die. But I love AMG's.....even the overpriced ones like yours......is that so wrong?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Selling the BS.... Price?