CLK63 Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the W209 CLK63 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.

CLK 63 BLACK SERIES TRANSMISSION UPGRADE

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 06:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK Black
Originally Posted by seanlee768
its sad to see that MB created such a nice car and for merely 250k they are going to **** at their supporters (you and I, BS owners). i know for a fact that porsche willingly and go out of their ways to take care of some of their loyal supporter. i was in line to get a sl65 bs too. after seeing how they resolve this incident. i canceled my order.

BS owner are not normal car owners. we paid big buck for a car that has wide range of capability in all to enjoy the art of driving. the factory is ignoring our demand bacause bs is not a high production car. this is sad...
I want the upgrade as much as anyone else but give me a break. We all know that this upgrade doesn't have an impact at all on the performance of our cars.

I have owned a bunch and I have never seen Porsche step up and drop 250K to upgrade a feature on a 1.5 year old car that doesn't impact performance.

I don't believe for a minute that you cancelled your order for a SL Black because of this. Sounds like you're just being dramatic.

My experience on the PL was the opposite of yours. I was shocked that we seemed to have a voice. I was elated when it sounded like we would get it and disappointed when they said that we would not. But I did come away feeling like we were heard and that is not something that I can say about any other mfg right now.

FWIW
Old 02-26-2009, 07:05 PM
LZH
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
Originally Posted by AMG Dictator
I want the upgrade as much as anyone else but give me a break. We all know that this upgrade doesn't have an impact at all on the performance of our cars.

I have owned a bunch and I have never seen Porsche step up and drop 250K to upgrade a feature on a 1.5 year old car that doesn't impact performance.

I don't believe for a minute that you cancelled your order for a SL Black because of this. Sounds like you're just being dramatic.

My experience on the PL was the opposite of yours. I was shocked that we seemed to have a voice. I was elated when it sounded like we would get it and disappointed when they said that we would not. But I did come away feeling like we were heard and that is not something that I can say about any other mfg right now.

FWIW
Agreed - but you cannot deny how great this sounds when it downshifts:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bE0LQI6ZiMU
Old 03-02-2009, 06:38 PM

clk63 cs, bunch 911,bentley,
i also canceled it because i rather have lp640 as a cruiser than a sl65. its a wonderful car to have only if i got a lot of money, but currently i dont have the leisure as for performance part of upgrade on the transmissoin, i know it has no effect at all in terms of performance but it surely would be nice to have it. the point that i am stating at is that for merely 250k but able to make a bunch of owners of very exclusive cars happy. if i am the manufacture. i would do that in a heart beat just to maintain a reputatoins on the high end market.

look at bentley, they constantly have track event to drive new cars and host parties for to various winery or other stuffs just to get acquainted with the clients so they will return and buy another bentley.

porsche, when ever there is any complains about tranny not shifting smooth or even minor crack on the rotor due to track usage. they have the engineers come out do an inspection and replace it for free. some of my experience are even when the car is out of the warranty.

agian the point is aobut taking care of customer. we are the customer whom dedicated ourself to this car. therefore we should be taking care of. i think our value towards this brand (black series) is worth lot more than 250k. this is just my 2cents.
Old 03-19-2009, 04:08 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
CLK63 AMG Black Series & 1994 MB E500
I missed the Private Lounge chat last night, did someone bring up the upgrade again? I thought where we last let off was they were going to review it (for the 4th time) given the uproar of the owners.
Old 03-19-2009, 04:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'14 ML BT
I looked through the transcript, it doesn't look like the subject came up.
Old 03-21-2009, 03:23 PM

2008 CLK63 AMG BS
CLK-BS Transmission

In the March 18 Private Lounge (Post #58) I asked the question if there was any good news about the CLK-BS transmission mod.

There was no response at all. Which may be a good sign (or not).
Old 03-24-2009, 08:19 PM

clk 63 black series
hi guys
me being in south africa if it comes through
how will i get it i wonder
lets keep out fingers crossed
Old 03-24-2009, 09:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'14 ML BT
Originally Posted by mtecnik
hi guys
me being in south africa if it comes through
how will i get it i wonder
lets keep out fingers crossed
I doubt we're gonna' get a fix.
Old 03-25-2009, 01:04 AM
LZH
Banned

CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
Originally Posted by DFW01E55
Agreed regarding us in the US. But if you are outside the US, it may be possible. There is a member here who lives in the UK I believe and had a CLS. Apparently he had the trans replaced and it came with the updated software:

https://mbworld.org/forums/cls55-amg...placement.html
Old 03-25-2009, 05:24 AM
lsb

clk black series
I live in the UK and own a clk black series. I contacted AMG about a gearbox software upgrade and their short and unsweet response was basically "thanks for asking, but no ! "

I cannot even join the private lounge because my VIN number is UK specific and therefore I don't qualify. There was I thinking that Mercedes was a european manufacturer !! Not impressed that I am unable to share the same info as you guys via AMG directly.

Thanks to those who share the important stuff on this site to keep us 2nd class owners in the loop.
Old 03-25-2009, 07:16 PM

clk 63 black series
i spk to the guys from amg today
and damn this guy was so confused
he confused me.............
then i spoke to a friend from a local tuning company
he said his gonna try cause he is friends with the boss.......
a long shot but worth the try
Old 04-22-2009, 10:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'14 ML BT
Private lounge chat session tonight at 9pm Eastern.

Last month they didn't answer Lance when he asked about the upgrade.

We shouldn't allow the question to be asked only once this month. (Even if we believe it's a fait accompli.)
Old 04-22-2009, 10:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'14 ML BT
Thanks to JJayB for jumping them right out of the gate tonight.
Their response, "No update".

I think that really means, "We can out wait you, thanks for your money, buh bye."
Old 04-23-2009, 12:09 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

E350 Sport & Rs6
I hope someone from AMG see's this thread! I am sure someone on the inside is observing.... How many BLK's produced?
Old 04-23-2009, 01:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 86 Likes on 58 Posts
'22 G 63 AMG, '21 GLE 53 AMG, '20 NSX
Thanks to JJayB for jumping them right out of the gate tonight.
Their response, "No update".

I think that really means, "We can out wait you, thanks for your money, buh bye."
They have contined to stall on numerous issues the biggest being the transmission. The others are as follows: 1. transmission up date, 2. stating they will post the production color of the CLK63 BS built, no post. 3. AMG windshield banner, We'll get you the AMG window banner, then why would you want that!

Whats the story on the Ring taxi? Just some pictures! They build a full blown race car and tell us they are using it for the Ring! BS! This is just further proof of not being straight with the customer.

I think we need to water board some of the executives to make them talk.

Jimmy
Old 04-23-2009, 01:23 AM

bike
LOL...i can't believe the BS doesn't have the throttle blip. That's retarded.
Old 04-23-2009, 01:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'14 ML BT
Originally Posted by Jim Brady
I think we need to water board some of the executives to make them talk.
Oh yeah!
Let's start with Rob Allan ...just because we need a name and he's the boss in the US.
Then we pick Volker Morninglory (or whatever). He might know something too!
Old 04-23-2009, 09:29 AM

14 E63 Wagon
There is a black series registry on the MB World Forum. Couldn't someone do a survey of all the owners to generate a critical mass of customers for whom this is a significant issue? It is essier for AMG to dismiss one or two 'squeeky wheels' than to discount the opnions of 200 - 300 customers. Petition?
Old 04-23-2009, 10:35 AM

CLK Black
Originally Posted by steven0401
There is a black series registry on the MB World Forum. Couldn't someone do a survey of all the owners to generate a critical mass of customers for whom this is a significant issue? It is essier for AMG to dismiss one or two 'squeeky wheels' than to discount the opnions of 200 - 300 customers. Petition?
You are way late to this party. You underestimate the ability of MB to ignore.

We have been way down this path and according to the PL they have looked at it. At one point they agreed to it but later came back and said they could not make the economics of it work.

If I remember correctly.....
Old 04-23-2009, 03:40 PM
LZH
Banned

Glad to see you guys are still on top of this. Sorry I was not able to paricipate in the most recent PL session but to be perfectly honest I've pretty much given up hope. I understand WHY AMG cannot and will not make this update possible...but if they really had our best interest at heart they would make it available through a TSB or something of that nature. How hard would it be for them to say that the current transmission program is causing undue stress to the torque converter and may possibly damage parts, so they are changing the way it functions (downshifts) as a warranty related softare flash done by the dealer. They did this with the E55 transmission - remember the torque limiting software that many people got stuck with ???
Anyway, I've been told that Powerchip is using a C63 ECU/TCU and trying to copy the code into their newest tune which would give us all the rev matched throttle downshifts plus some extra power. At this point, I'd rather give my money to Powerchip or any other tuner who can make this possible. AMG has made it very clear what they think about their true enthusiast customers....
Old 04-23-2009, 03:59 PM

CLK Black
Originally Posted by LZH
Glad to see you guys are still on top of this. Sorry I was not able to paricipate in the most recent PL session but to be perfectly honest I've pretty much given up hope. I understand WHY AMG cannot and will not make this update possible...but if they really had our best interest at heart they would make it available through a TSB or something of that nature. How hard would it be for them to say that the current transmission program is causing undue stress to the torque converter and may possibly damage parts, so they are changing the way it functions (downshifts) as a warranty related softare flash done by the dealer. They did this with the E55 transmission - remember the torque limiting software that many people got stuck with ???
Anyway, I've been told that Powerchip is using a C63 ECU/TCU and trying to copy the code into their newest tune which would give us all the rev matched throttle downshifts plus some extra power. At this point, I'd rather give my money to Powerchip or any other tuner who can make this possible. AMG has made it very clear what they think about their true enthusiast customers....

Well said.
Old 04-23-2009, 05:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
08 SL55
^^^^^^ +1
Old 04-23-2009, 08:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by LZH
AMG has made it very clear what they think about their true enthusiast customers....

If you guys only knew what they really think. I've been meaning to tell you guys about an e-mail I got from someone over on Private Lounge a couple months ago, right after I ran at Willow and Famoso. So I get an e-mail from an AMG engineer or something congratulating me on the advancements and power I have eeked out of my BS, he tells me a lot of AMG folks have been watching the advancments on my car over the past year. In his very next sentence he starts lecturing me about how they don't really approve of that kind of stuff and they wish people would just leave the cars alone and keep them the way they come from the factory So at this point I'm really confused and I reply by telling him that I pretty much single handedly have given their 63 powerplant street and track cred, I told him that even their brain child Brabus had not been able to build a 63 that could run with a 55k in a straight line. I basically told them that the 63 was thought of as the laughing stock of the AMG line by true AMG enthusiasts and that they lost a lot of loyal AMG customers when they traded the 55k for the 63 and they should be thanking me. Two days later I get a reply from him and he says "ya, I never looked at it that way, you,re right, keep up the good work, we will be watching". To this very day I'm really not quite sure how to take any of that conversation, not that I really care. I actually think they took offense when I stated openly that I built a W209 CLK for under $200k that could easily outrun their beloved $350,000 CLK DTM on a roead course or in a straight line.
Old 04-23-2009, 09:04 PM
LZH
Banned

Doesn't surprise me one bit. German arrogance at it's finest.
Old 04-23-2009, 09:39 PM

CLK Black
Originally Posted by jrcart
If you guys only knew what they really think. I've been meaning to tell you guys about an e-mail I got from someone over on Private Lounge a couple months ago, right after I ran at Willow and Famoso. So I get an e-mail from an AMG engineer or something congratulating me on the advancements and power I have eeked out of my BS, he tells me a lot of AMG folks have been watching the advancments on my car over the past year. In his very next sentence he starts lecturing me about how they don't really approve of that kind of stuff and they wish people would just leave the cars alone and keep them the way they come from the factory So at this point I'm really confused and I reply by telling him that I pretty much single handedly have given their 63 powerplant street and track cred, I told him that even their brain child Brabus had not been able to build a 63 that could run with a 55k in a straight line. I basically told them that the 63 was thought of as the laughing stock of the AMG line by true AMG enthusiasts and that they lost a lot of loyal AMG customers when they traded the 55k for the 63 and they should be thanking me. Two days later I get a reply from him and he says "ya, I never looked at it that way, you,re right, keep up the good work, we will be watching". To this very day I'm really not quite sure how to take any of that conversation, not that I really care. I actually think they took offense when I stated openly that I built a W209 CLK for under $200k that could easily outrun their beloved $350,000 CLK DTM on a roead course or in a straight line.
It's really funny that you brought this up. I was just reading the whole post about your car over on the Lounge. It's a bit strange though, I saw a post from Rob Allen but it looked like he wasn't bashing your car. If I can find it real quick I will post it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: CLK 63 BLACK SERIES TRANSMISSION UPGRADE