CLK63 Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the W209 CLK63 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.

Do you wash/detail your Black YOURSELF?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 11:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 Cayenne Turbo
I do it myself. Though I just brought my Cayenne GTS to have a minor warranty issue corrected (seatbelt locked up and needed to be replaced) and they "washed" it after the repair. It looked like they took a freakin brillo pad to my truck. Never again. I would think a dealership that sold Audi, Mercedes, and Porsche would know how to wash a car. Apparently not. I guess experience is the best teacher.
I had the CLK63 Black in because a speaker was rattling. I told them to not wash it.
Old 04-27-2009, 01:16 PM

Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts
BMW M850i Gran Coupe
CLK63 VERY Black Series

I stumbled across this site today with one of the most incredible "detailing" jobs I have ever seen. One gorgeous car !

http://www.autopia.org/forum/pro-det...ail-werkz.html
Old 05-01-2009, 10:35 PM

E55
Originally Posted by chiphomme
I do it myself. Though I just brought my Cayenne GTS to have a minor warranty issue corrected (seatbelt locked up and needed to be replaced) and they "washed" it after the repair. It looked like they took a freakin brillo pad to my truck. Never again. I would think a dealership that sold Audi, Mercedes, and Porsche would know how to wash a car. Apparently not. I guess experience is the best teacher.
I had the CLK63 Black in because a speaker was rattling. I told them to not wash it.
I just got my car back from the dealer and the SAME friggin' thing-even though I specifically told them NOT to wash it. I went to put my briefcase in the trunk and what did I see? Scratches on the bumper and the trunk! I IMMEDIATELY asked for the Service Manager but he wasn't in. The General Manager ended up taking a look at the damage. He told me he would set up a time for me to bring it back in for his detail guy to take care of it. His explanation was "maybe the car wash guy's towel picked up a rock or something and scratched it. The paint on these cars is so soft and easy to scratch." Do I even trust his detail guy or do I just take it to the lady who has been detailing all of my cars for the past 10 years?
Old 05-01-2009, 11:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
06 SL65 / 97 993tt /11 Suburban/ 2012 GTR (AMG è la mia Famiglia la Bestia è la mia protezione)
Originally Posted by mdre55amg
I just got my car back from the dealer and the SAME friggin' thing-even though I specifically told them NOT to wash it. I went to put my briefcase in the trunk and what did I see? Scratches on the bumper and the trunk! I IMMEDIATELY asked for the Service Manager but he wasn't in. The General Manager ended up taking a look at the damage. He told me he would set up a time for me to bring it back in for his detail guy to take care of it. His explanation was "maybe the car wash guy's towel picked up a rock or something and scratched it. The paint on these cars is so soft and easy to scratch." Do I even trust his detail guy or do I just take it to the lady who has been detailing all of my cars for the past 10 years?
Make them pay for your detail person to do the job. I had the same issue when I got my car back from my tuning house. They used a detail guy that didn't know what he was doing and I had to have my detail guy wet sand my rear deck and front hood, then hit it with Menzerna 3 step process...now its perfect.
Old 05-02-2009, 08:55 AM

E55
Originally Posted by AMGfan
Make them pay for your detail person to do the job. I had the same issue when I got my car back from my tuning house. They used a detail guy that didn't know what he was doing and I had to have my detail guy wet sand my rear deck and front hood, then hit it with Menzerna 3 step process...now its perfect.
Good call! Why be inconvenienced twice knowing that I will end up having to take it to my detail person anyway?.?. She's a lady in her mid-to-late forties and she is the best detailer I've ever had. She's very meticulous and I would only trust her with my car. Why can't any MB dealer ever get this car wash thing right? They hire some kid who doesn't know a thing about car washing/detailing except that he washes his own car or parents' car with Dawn dish detergent and in the direct sunlight!!!