CLK63 Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the W209 CLK63 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.

COR Monoblock Wheels?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-20-2009, 05:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08 CLK63 BS
COR Monoblock Wheels?

Hey All,

I'm considering my wheel options and it seems that the stock wheels will make it very difficult to wash the calipers. So I was considering something lightweight with less spokes. What do you guys think of these? That is...unless your username is Chuck Z. Kidding.

Old 04-20-2009, 06:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
08 SL55
Originally Posted by slacker55
Hey All,

I'm considering my wheel options and it seems that the stock wheels will make it very difficult to wash the calipers. So I was considering something lightweight with less spokes. What do you guys think of these? That is...unless your username is Chuck Z. Kidding.

....good. Not feelin those wheels either! I'll try and tone down my off the cuff opinions....

I don't have any trouble cleaning my calipers/rotors when I wash the car. Does it take longer than it would if they were 5 spokes? Sure, I don't think that is a good reason to buy a particular wheel over another though.

Not sure I've seen a better looking wheel on a BS than the stock wheel but it's your car and you seem set on changing the wheels. Get what you think looks good and don't bother with what other people think? I'll never ask what others think of my wheel choices b/c I know it's a very individual decision....

Good luck.
Old 04-20-2009, 06:35 PM

08 CLK63 BS
Originally Posted by chuck z
....good. Not feelin those wheels either! I'll try and tone down my off the cuff opinions....

I don't have any trouble cleaning my calipers/rotors when I wash the car. Does it take longer than it would if they were 5 spokes? Sure, I don't think that is a good reason to buy a particular wheel over another though.

Not sure I've seen a better looking wheel on a BS than the stock wheel but it's your car and you seem set on changing the wheels. Get what you think looks good and don't bother with what other people think? I'll never ask what others think of my wheel choices b/c I know it's a very individual decision....

Good luck.
Yeah...I'm not feeling them either...seems like this car is all about "performance" rather than "bling." So when it comes to wheels, there aren't many options that seem THAT much better than the stock 19s. But there seems to be nothing to do to this car aside from performance mods.

I really wanted to get rid of the amber bumper lights in the front but it doesn't appear that there's anything on the market for that either. Maybe I should forget the rims and go for the evosport headers and exhaust?
Old 04-20-2009, 06:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 SL55
What I love about this car is that if you were to take your run of the mill Mercedes and customize it with a body kit, wheels/tires, carbon fiber, interior, suspension, brakes, exhaust, power (well for some people anyway), etc,.... it might end up looking/sounding/performing like a CLK63 Black Series? Best part, Mercedes did it all for you and you don't take a $ hit for customizing it... Pretty good in stock form don't you think?
Old 04-20-2009, 07:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
03 CLK 55 AMG, IMCO muffler/Magnaflow tips, KW V1 coilovers, 19" Petrol Metrix Wheels
if you enjoy modifying cars you always feel like there is something to be done. look for some two or three piece forged wheels. find a wheel you can build, stagger, lip, etc. it will personalize your car and give you the "modifying experience" you crave.
Old 04-20-2009, 07:50 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
08 E 6point3-sold- 11 caddy cts-v-sold, 2012 E63 Palladium Silver
mono

I just ordered a set COR MONO and will be waiting my wheels- give Tony @ COR, he can tell you more about the wheels

Hey All,

Old 04-20-2009, 08:24 PM

08 CLK63 BS
Originally Posted by chuck z
What I love about this car is that if you were to take your run of the mill Mercedes and customize it with a body kit, wheels/tires, carbon fiber, interior, suspension, brakes, exhaust, power (well for some people anyway), etc,.... it might end up looking/sounding/performing like a CLK63 Black Series? Best part, Mercedes did it all for you and you don't take a $ hit for customizing it... Pretty good in stock form don't you think?
Well I'm waiting for my car to be flatbedded here as we speak. So I haven't really driven it yet. I guess I'll have to wait and see how she drives before I decide what I want to do. But the evosport one sounded pretty sick in the flyby video.

And if it really adds that much power and torque, I'd consider getting the entire header and exhaust system PROVIDED that it's reversible...

But I do see your point Chuck. The whole point of this car is that it's more or less...the entire package and you don't need to do jack to it. HOWEVER, it seems that my "inner child" has been manifesting itself and I feel the need to try to customize it.

Just out of curiosity...should I really drive in C for the first 1000 miles to break it in or is that unnecessary? I'm planning on going by the book just to play it safe...
Old 04-20-2009, 08:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 SL55
But the evosport one sounded pretty sick in the flyby video.

And if it really adds that much power and torque, I'd consider getting the entire header and exhaust system PROVIDED that it's reversible...
Totally agree here. Usually the first things I do to a car are wheels and exhaust. Jenk's BS sounds awesome from the short clip I've seen of it on Road Atlanta. I would also like to do this mod one day.....

Just out of curiosity...should I really drive in C for the first 1000 miles to break it in or is that unnecessary? I'm planning on going by the book just to play it safe...
Some have, some have not. I did, figure it can't hurt to follow the break-in instructions. Resit putting the hammer to it for a while..
Old 04-20-2009, 08:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 86 Likes on 58 Posts
'22 G 63 AMG, '21 GLE 53 AMG, '20 NSX

The break in is for the rear diff more than the motor. Some will say drive it like you stole it others are **** in their babying the car. I had a factory driver break mine in by the book and it's fine after 7000 mi.
Jimmy
Old 04-21-2009, 01:38 AM

2008 CLK 63 Black Series, 2013 G63, 2014 RS5 Coupe, 2013 JKUR 10A
I really wanted to get rid of the amber bumper lights in the front but it doesn't appear that there's anything on the market for that either. Maybe I should forget the rims and go for the evosport headers and exhaust?
I believe evosport offers a body color painted replacement for the amber front bumper lights.
Old 04-21-2009, 08:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 140 Likes on 107 Posts
ML350
here ya go....some ideas to customize your CLKBS or not......this is for that guy(noone specific) who says customizing your car is a reflection of yourself. This is a very valuable and expensive car.....not just for anyone, but rather only those exclusive few.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...3AIT&viewitem=
Old 04-21-2009, 11:30 AM

08 CLK63 BS
Originally Posted by Doctodd33
here ya go....some ideas to customize your CLKBS or not......this is for that guy(noone specific) who says customizing your car is a reflection of yourself. This is a very valuable and expensive car.....not just for anyone, but rather only those exclusive few.

hahaha...that is truly sad...although I was thinking about getting the suicide door customization. Has anyone done it? I saw one on the evosport website and it looked pretty convenient...
Old 04-21-2009, 11:46 AM
Out Of Control!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Me personally i'd slap on a set of either 19"s or 20"s using HRE's C-series, 540R's or 790R's in brushed aluminum silver. Should take care of that.
Old 04-27-2009, 01:23 AM

WHT BS
Originally Posted by Doctodd33

After seeing all the pictures of that Car, I quickly ran to the bathroom and threw up violently. I felt so bad for the original car. I bet it never knew what the future held in store for it when it left the factory. Rest in peace.
Old 04-27-2009, 01:26 AM

WHT BS
hahaha...that is truly sad...although I was thinking about getting the suicide door customization. Has anyone done it? I saw one on the evosport website and it looked pretty convenient...
After seeing some of your posts, I am starting to believe that you may have bought the wrong car. No offense and no disrespect. I dont think you are fully aware of what this car is all about. Nonetheless, you have the right to do as you please with your purchase, but Lambo door? Are you seriously considering that option?