CLK63 Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the W209 CLK63 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.

CAN IT BE? $72K BUY IT NOW FOR A BLACK SERIES???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 08:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
08 SL55
Originally Posted by bigben320e
Yes, Global is a large BMW dealer here in Atl. It's a Illuminati Benz BS price nuke attempt. Over $50K off on this car, and NO ONE has bought it. It's nuts,
bast***s!
Old 06-16-2009, 08:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 140 Likes on 107 Posts
ML350
i dont think it affects the market too much with the amount of miles it has....plus it may be in crappy condition.
Old 06-16-2009, 09:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK 63 AMG Black
Kind of reminds me of the day in 1970 when I couldn't come up with enough money to to buy an original GT40 for $12,000. Time proved that was too good a price. Unfortunately, I was med student and could only come up with $11,000. Can you believe, the guy wouldn't come down? But, I did buy an original 1969 Lola T163 CanAm car (Gary Wilson's in the original series) for $17,000 in 1979.
It's good to recognize a bargain when you see one. AS
Old 06-16-2009, 09:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
clk 63 black series
Man, I have my Black Series at 20 K's... It still rips, and in good condition, and I plan on ripping it till past 100.. What's the big deal, you get a car like this.. drive the S*it out of it. If it's meant for the track, then it will last 5 times longer on the road. This is a German Built Car, it will stand the test if you keep the fluids hot, and not let it rott in a garage.
Old 06-16-2009, 10:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 SL55
Well, it's over. Ended with a BIN at $70,900.
Old 06-17-2009, 12:34 AM

CLK63 BS AUDI S5 AUDI Q7 4.2 SLine C230 Sport 2010 ML 350
Originally Posted by chuck z
Oh, I think we can count on most buyers who watch ebay using this one against sellers! Isn't Global a BMW dealer? Perhaps they are trying to single handedly trying to destroy the Black Series market......
Wait... When I started this thread it didn't matter what this BS sold for or what the resale market was I was told and asked why am I so concerned ab the resale? and it shldn't matter as long as I enjoy it.
So which one is it - it matters or it doesn't?
I just need some clarification - because I got in my car today and could care less what it sells for - but it seems as if now I should be concerned again.
Damn!
(I'm kidding of course guys but I was jumped on a bit for expressing my concern)
Old 06-17-2009, 12:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'14 ML BT
Originally Posted by JT55
Wait... ....
but it seems as if now I should be concerned again.
Damn!
(I'm kidding of course guys but I was jumped on a bit for expressing my concern)
That's the beauty of the internets, no matter which side of the street you walk on, it's the wrong side for someone!
Old 06-17-2009, 01:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
Originally Posted by chuck z
Well, it's over. Ended with a BIN at $70,900.
Lucky SOB. At only 18K miles, plenty of warranty left. The buyer is good on that and the price.

JT55, yes when prices get absolutely ridiculous, it does raise some concerns.
Old 06-17-2009, 09:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 SL55
Originally Posted by JT55
......by individuals who do NOT have one of course
Old 06-17-2009, 09:38 AM

CLK63 Black Series
I drove and was High bid

Hello all,

I was high bidder on this car b4 the auction ended. I went out and drove it last night for the first time. Very impressive. Very fast - there is no replacement for displacement! The only thing I didn't like was the granny gear! Dad gum first gear redlines in about 2 seconds and the rev limiter kicks in. Very annoying. It had much more low end torque than my Fcars. I dunno if I can do without the high pitched whine of the 8500 redline Fcars! It was a lot of fun to drive - I wonder how tossable it is and if it has much understeer.

Maintenence costs anyone?

Any other BS with this kind of mileage sold recently?

Thanks,

GG

I would also put either clear or black 3m tape on the massive wheel wells- they already have many chips

I have owned many Benzes and Bmws over the last 30 years. I have also owned four Ferrari's.
Old 06-17-2009, 09:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'14 ML BT
Originally Posted by Gordon Gecko
Hello all,

I was high bidder on this car b4 the auction ended. I went out and drove it last night for the first time. Very impressive. Very fast - there is no replacement for displacement! The only thing I didn't like was the granny gear! Dad gum first gear redlines in about 2 seconds and the rev limiter kicks in. Very annoying. It had much more low end torque than my Fcars. I dunno if I can do without the high pitched whine of the 8500 redline Fcars! It was a lot of fun to drive - I wonder how tossable it is and if it has much understeer.

Thanks,

GG

I would also put either clear or black 3m tape on the massive wheel wells- they already have many chips

I have owned many Benzes and Bmws over the last 30 years. I have also owned four Ferrari's.
You made a good deal GG! You'll love the car.
You'll get used to the short first gear, I think everyone has experienced the rev limiter in first.
The beautiful whine of 8,500 rpm's will be replaced by the roar of 7,200. You'll burn gas just because you like the exhaust noise.
Understeer? Quite the contrary, although the car is really well balanced. You'll be shocked at the track performance ... in a good way.
Agree on the clear bra, it's an essential.

No unusual maintenance issues, I just replaced the front pads last night at almost 13k miles and 30 sessions on the track.
Get the service history from your dealer and make sure the diff oil was changed around 2k miles.

I wish you well with it.
Old 06-17-2009, 10:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
Hello all,

Thanks,

GG

Congrats, have fun with the BS!
Old 06-17-2009, 11:07 AM
Administrator

Received 796 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Michael Douglas with the high bid for the win!!!!!!

edit:

Congrats on almost getting the car
Old 06-17-2009, 11:11 AM

CLK63 Black Series
high bid

I said I was high bid - the reserve wasn't met.

I am close and he is close. we are about 2k apart.

standard CLK63 AMG comparison?

Will revert!
Old 06-17-2009, 08:52 PM

WHT BS
I said I was high bid - the reserve wasn't met.

I am close and he is close. we are about 2k apart.

standard CLK63 AMG comparison?

Will revert!
No comparison between the 2 cars unless you are a straight line driver. The cab is heavy, loose and ....... well CRAP.
In regards to the short first gear.... it is very different than any F car, in that once you get into second gear in the black, you are immediately in the power band again, where is in an F car you have a second or two after you shift before you get into the power band. Most F cars, even the 599's V12 have less torque than the Black.
The black in my opnion is an amazing car, and this is coming from someone who has had quite a few Fast machines, including an SL55, M6, 996 Turbo, Several M3s and a SC e36 M3 with 480+ Hp.

In closing Gordon....... Buy the damn thing and rip A%$
Old 06-17-2009, 10:47 PM

CLK 63 AMG Black
Understeer is the last thing you need to worry about. There is no car currently built that oversteers as easily. Until the rears warm at the track, there is an absence of rear grip. In almost every circumstance, this car steers from the rear rather than the front.
The gear ratios are fine- the car could easily live without first, except that low speed drift is so much easier. This car can be turned in its own length from a standstill. Of course, nobody can breath for a few seconds after. AS
Old 06-18-2009, 08:29 PM

CLK 63 BK Series
New Black Series Owner

Hey guys,

I'm new to the forum, and this seems like a pertinent place to post for the first time. I'm actually the buyer of this CLK 63 from Global Imports, I'm taking delivery of the car on Saturday. I haven't driven a Black Series yet, but I can't wait. I've always adored this car, and I was fortunate enough to stumble across this deal just in time--I am out of state at the moment, but we will still able to work out the logistics fairly smoothly.

I'll post some pics when I get it home and dress it up a bit ;-)

Jake
Old 06-18-2009, 09:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W211 E55 AMG, ML63 AMG, Past 996GT3,ZCPM3,Brabus C32,ML 500
PAY TO PLAY WITH AMG, but used is always best...with AMG..
I got my GT3 for 90..I put 18Km. on it and sold it for 99 with RS upgrades.
Welcome to the forum Jake..
I love the BS, wish my money was as loose as it was a couple years ago.
Old 06-18-2009, 09:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'14 ML BT
Originally Posted by verylargetuna
Hey guys,

I'm new to the forum, and this seems like a pertinent place to post for the first time. I'm actually the buyer of this CLK 63 from Global Imports, I'm taking delivery of the car on Saturday. I haven't driven a Black Series yet, but I can't wait. I've always adored this car, and I was fortunate enough to stumble across this deal just in time--I am out of state at the moment, but we will still able to work out the logistics fairly smoothly.

Jake
Dear Tuna .... or may I call you Jake?
Good luck with your new wheels.

Hope you love the car.
Old 06-18-2009, 09:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Hey guys,

Jake
You lucky SOB verylargetunanowdrivingaCLSKBSBEAST.

Congrats man, post pics.
Old 06-18-2009, 09:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 SL55
Hey guys,

Jake
Congrats Jake and welcome! You stole this one! You're gona love it! Enjoy it.
Old 06-18-2009, 10:11 PM
LZH
Banned

CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
Congrats !!! You will love it. I'll be interested to hear your thoughts on how it compares to your 430. BTW, very nice cars man !! Why the hell did you sell that CGT ?!?!?!?!??
Old 06-19-2009, 08:06 AM

10 Cayenne GTS, 07 Porsche 911 Turbo
I thought I "stole" my CLKBS but you got a smokin deal. National price average on Auto Trader is still in the $85-90K range. Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to the site, it's a great source for CLKBS infro.
Old 06-19-2009, 05:59 PM

CLK63 BS, Panamera, Prius, Mini Cooper S
Jake,

Congratulations! I actually clicked on the buy-it-now button on the ebay listing for the car on Tuesday night and spoke with the person in charge of the ebay sales for Global. Everything was good until the guy calls me Wednesday morning with the bad news that I will not be getting the car!

I think you got the car a few hours before I clicked on the ebay listing but the salesperson in charge was not aware of that till the next morning.

Oh well, I missed out on this one but it actually turned out better for me since I was able to find a local car on Wednesday.

Today, I brought her home and I am very excited. 3050 miles, Silver, and still smells new! I have a feeling that I will be keeping this one for a while!
Old 06-19-2009, 09:11 PM

CLK 63 BK Series
Originally Posted by JLee
Jake,

Congratulations! I actually clicked on the buy-it-now button on the ebay listing for the car on Tuesday night and spoke with the person in charge of the ebay sales for Global. Everything was good until the guy calls me Wednesday morning with the bad news that I will not be getting the car!

I think you got the car a few hours before I clicked on the ebay listing but the salesperson in charge was not aware of that till the next morning.

Oh well, I missed out on this one but it actually turned out better for me since I was able to find a local car on Wednesday.

Today, I brought her home and I am very excited. 3050 miles, Silver, and still smells new! I have a feeling that I will be keeping this one for a while!

Hey JLee!

Yeah, I heard about the mix-up too, I really appreciate you being cool and understanding about the situation. I had already given them payment information a few hours before you went on eBay, and I guess they had an internal mix-up. I'm really glad you found a car though, it sounds like it worked out well for you. I look forward to hearing how you like it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: CAN IT BE? $72K BUY IT NOW FOR A BLACK SERIES???