CLK63 Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the W209 CLK63 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.

AMG BLACK THERE IS NO SUBSTITUTE!!!! VIDS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 08:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK63 BS AUDI S5 AUDI Q7 4.2 SLine C230 Sport 2010 ML 350
AMG BLACK THERE IS NO SUBSTITUTE!!!! VIDS

Here are some vids of the Black at NJMB - u do see me pullin on that Scud on the straight right?

Listen to proud Papa Bruce on the audio - "Slow Ferrari" Priceless

To all those that wondered if the Black is a pretender heres the proof.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f04sQy8mAf4
Old 06-26-2009, 09:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
Looks... familiar.

As mentioned by many who own them, the CLK63BS is formidable on the track. John's car was certainly one of the fastest cars on the track (Lightning @ NJMP), which included a Scuderia, S/C'd R8, 993 RSR, and others. Assuming excellent driving, I think the Scud was probably the fastest car 'round the track, but without timing equipment it's hard to say for certain...
Old 06-26-2009, 09:51 PM

LS430
The mileage is at 32,600, isn't that price a bit low for that kind of mileage? Seems like a great deal if the mileage is 32,600.
Old 06-26-2009, 10:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'14 ML BT
Originally Posted by JT55
Here are some vids of the Black at NJMB - u do see me pullin on that Scud on the straight right?
Nice work JT.
You need a Traqmate set up to really savor moments like that.
Old 06-26-2009, 10:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK63 Black, E350 Wagon, Supercharged Denali, Lotus Elise, Tesla Model 3 Dual-Motor.

Listen to proud Papa Bruce on the audio - "Slow Ferrari" Priceless

To all those that wondered if the Black is a pretender heres the proof.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f04sQy8mAf4
John,

It looked like the F car was all over you in the left hander after the bridge and you held him up coming thru Lightbulb then used you power on the front stretch.

Next time let me know your going. I'm a NJMP member and would have shown up if I knew you guys where going there.

MachC5
Old 06-26-2009, 11:00 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
AW '05 C55
That is sick sounding!!! Awesome car & vid.
Old 06-26-2009, 11:41 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
M5, C63, 335Ci
Nice vid! The AMG motor plays a masterful symphony when on full boil at the track!
Old 06-27-2009, 12:21 AM
Out Of Control!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That's just too ****ing sick JT!! Gotta hand it to you man. You are the inspiration when it comes to BS!

Just curious but were you wearing your 20"s on that track or what size wheels were you running?

Just ridiculous bro!
Old 06-27-2009, 01:35 AM

Originally Posted by MACHC5
John,

It looked like the F car was all over you in the left hander after the bridge and you held him up coming thru Lightbulb then used you power on the front stretch.

Next time let me know your going. I'm a NJMP member and would have shown up if I knew you guys where going there.

MachC5
Mach - I wish I could tell you which vid is of me driving and which one is of the instructor in relation to the F car and the Black.
Those Vids were shot by someone else and edited so they are clips from all diff runs.
I do know the shot down the str8 is with the instructor cause I can see 2 people in the car. The other times yes the Ferrari was def. on me cause quite frankly I am nothing more than a poor amateur and dont really know what Im doing so honestly there were times when that Scirocco was all over me.
I can also tell you that the guy who drove my car has never driven a black before and the guy that was in the Scud (rumor had it) was a pro driver that the owner of the car brought with him to teach him to drive the car better.
So keep in mind my guy was jus learning the car in 2 minutes and also my suspension is set to its softest setting and I didnt adjust at the track. The instructor when we were done took his helmet off and said OMG thats the most fun Ive had in a long time, if we cranked up your suspension this thing would be deadly.
Im sure that Scud would take us in the end but not by much all things being equal.
Old 06-27-2009, 01:38 AM

Originally Posted by JamE55
That's just too ****ing sick JT!! Gotta hand it to you man. You are the inspiration when it comes to BS!

Just curious but were you wearing your 20"s on that track or what size wheels were you running?

Just ridiculous bro!
THanks man!
We swapped out the 20's for the stockers at the track.
The Vids on the highway in the beginning are w my 20's
My pit Crew (Bruce of TTM LOL) was kind enough to not only invite me but accompany me as well to change tires etc.
Now thats Service!
Old 06-27-2009, 09:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK63 Black, E350 Wagon, Supercharged Denali, Lotus Elise, Tesla Model 3 Dual-Motor.
Mach - I wish I could tell you which vid is of me driving and which one is of the instructor in relation to the F car and the Black.
Those Vids were shot by someone else and edited so they are clips from all diff runs.
I do know the shot down the str8 is with the instructor cause I can see 2 people in the car. The other times yes the Ferrari was def. on me cause quite frankly I am nothing more than a poor amateur and dont really know what Im doing so honestly there were times when that Scirocco was all over me.
I can also tell you that the guy who drove my car has never driven a black before and the guy that was in the Scud (rumor had it) was a pro driver that the owner of the car brought with him to teach him to drive the car better.
So keep in mind my guy was jus learning the car in 2 minutes and also my suspension is set to its softest setting and I didnt adjust at the track. The instructor when we were done took his helmet off and said OMG thats the most fun Ive had in a long time, if we cranked up your suspension this thing would be deadly.
Im sure that Scud would take us in the end but not by much all things being equal.
JT,
Sounds like you had a small sample of the fun that can be had driving the BS on a road track. And as you found it lasts longer then an 11 second run down a drag strip...

MachC5
Old 06-27-2009, 10:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C55 AMG, CLK550
Cool!
Old 06-27-2009, 12:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I DON'T COME HERE ANYMORE
great shots-wonderful to see AMG's at the track! Beautiful car!
Old 06-27-2009, 07:37 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Whatever we're tuning!
NJMP is an AWESOME facility.

TTM is shooting to become a corporate sponsor at NJMP in the near future. We are also looking to do a private track rental if we can get the word out. We will need 30-40 people.

From JT's first time around the track with me in the passenger seat to his last stint....this dude made CRAZY progress. Nice job for a novice!

Congrats JT on an amazing day and now I know you are a road course ADDICT!!!!

Next time we will have race pads stuffed in those calipers and the suspension turned all of the way up and then we'll be able to silence the fan of the Scuderia on MBWorld!

First time driving on the track against a full blown factory built race version Ferrari..........You did and amazing job and Tony from PES Tuning is one SICK driver.

The part on the straightaway after the lightbulb is as real as it gets. You can see the BS stretching its legs!
Old 06-27-2009, 09:42 PM

CLK 55
bussin that ferrari's ***...hahaha nice
Old 06-27-2009, 09:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 149 Likes on 123 Posts
C63s Cabriolet, BMW M4, Civic

You called that a "pulled" on the Scud.... My guess, if the video were on to record the next 3 corners, the Scud would have no problem pass you.
Old 06-27-2009, 10:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'14 ML BT
Originally Posted by TTMotorsports
From JT's first time around the track with me in the passenger seat to his last stint....this dude made CRAZY progress. Nice job for a novice!

Congrats JT on an amazing day and now I know you are a road course ADDICT!!!!

Next time we will have race pads stuffed in those calipers and the suspension turned all of the way up and then we'll be able to silence the fan of the Scuderia on MBWorld!
No lack of hyperbole here on the Black Series board!

Bruce, since you're a sponsor, how about putting a link to your site in your sig?
Old 06-27-2009, 10:54 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2009 cls550 x 2, 2008 clk350 cab, 1990 300sl
i have had the chance to drive one and fell in love
there is nothing else like it
Old 06-28-2009, 02:41 AM

Originally Posted by Klinh
You called that a "pulled" on the Scud.... My guess, if the video were on to record the next 3 corners, the Scud would have no problem pass you.
There's always one in the crowd and you sir are the winner!
MY guess is that you have no idea what you're talking about since you weren't there and should really keep speculation on things you know nothing ab to your forum, such as proper english " no problem pass you"
And yes that is a "pull" as in pulling away from him on the straight.

And seeing that there seems to be some confusion for you concerning the word "pulled" I will clarify it for you. I am putting distance between my rear bumper and his front bumper creating a larger distance between the two of us - hence a "pull"
Therefore the term "pulled" stands. Now stop hating.
Old 06-28-2009, 04:32 AM

clk 63 black series
Hi Hater
Old 06-28-2009, 10:42 AM

07' IS 350, 08' E550
LOOK! LOOK! There he goes see ya!!! haha....that was a nice vid. Good stuff
Old 06-28-2009, 10:56 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Whatever we're tuning!
Originally Posted by DFW01E55
No lack of hyperbole here on the Black Series board!

Bruce, since you're a sponsor, how about putting a link to your site in your sig?
I just have to wait for Oxygen to get back from Cali and then I will have him do it.
Old 06-28-2009, 11:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
Nice sound,

looks like the BS is starting to make some noise at tracks around the world. For as heavy as it is it is amazing how well it handles
Old 06-28-2009, 11:25 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Whatever we're tuning!
Originally Posted by juicee63
Nice sound,

looks like the BS is starting to make some noise at tracks around the world. For as heavy as it is it is amazing how well it handles
4070lbs to be exact with JT in the car (I balanced the car after it was finished being built).

I can't agree with you more Josh. Even though it was really set up for JT to make the 200 mile drive to NJMP and to cruise around where he lives(the roads are atrocious to put it mildly) the car was simply AMAAZING on the track!

We will definitely have the suspension turned way up at the next event!
Old 06-28-2009, 11:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 86 Likes on 58 Posts
'22 G 63 AMG, '21 GLE 53 AMG, '20 NSX
Originally Posted by Klinh
He said in his post that the Scud would probably take him!

The Scud is one of only a few street cars that can best a BS the other is a Viper ACR. I've run several and it's under braking that the Ferrari makes up huge time. Out of the corners the BS has a slight advantage due to the torque. High speed cornering it's even. Low speed the Ferrari wins.

What the internet racers don't understand is it's easier to drive a BS fast than a Scud. It takes seat time and talent to extract the most from the Scud, so even with equal club level drivers a BS maybe quicker.

I take exception to the "no problem" as everyone I've run against had big problems getting by and had to work their a** off and even by theri own admission.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: AMG BLACK THERE IS NO SUBSTITUTE!!!! VIDS