CLK63 Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the W209 CLK63 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.

Black Series Auction Prices

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-30-2009, 11:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
08 SL55
Originally Posted by transferred
The BS guys are very touchy their car isn't immune to depreciation. -Rob
Not true. Call bulls!t when someone looking to buy (or someone who is clueless and/or can't support their numbers....) comes here and starts throwing around low ball figures with no facts? True. Usually those threads/posts are started or prolonged by a troll or buyer (hoping to get some uniformed seller to bite?).........

Don't think any of us here is foolish enough to think these cars aren't going to depreciate (it's an overpriced AMG....) but if you come here and can't back up what you say (or start referring to auction prices as though everyone should be buying at those numbers let alone have access to the auction prices) or use the lowest possible sale you can find without regard to facts about the sellers situation or about the car as the "market" value of ALL cars; I for one will call you on it everytime.....

Last edited by user z478747; 10-30-2009 at 11:50 AM.
Old 10-30-2009, 01:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 ML63
Sellers always think their car is worth more than it really is and buyers always think it is worth less, it is human nature. A good negotiation leaves both buyer and seller a little pissed, buyer thinks they paid a bit too much and seller thinks they sold it a bit too cheap. At the end of the day if they agree on a price, then who are we to argue that it wasn't a fair price?
Old 10-30-2009, 01:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Porsche 996 gt3 cup, 09 Audi R8
Originally Posted by chuck z
I guess you're speaking about auction prices in general as I don't think anyone has posted auction prices on the BS in quite some time except for the lemon in FL?

Do you trade or sell them yourself?
nah, but I go through enough cars to have a bit of an education on what is what (unfortunately...lol). I dont like it at all...but there isnt anything I can do about it. I just cant believe how many 90k blk series are out there. Im looking at one for 83 right now and I still think it should be closer to 80. Its a 4k mile example owned by a perfectionist as well. That said, I wouldnt mind finding a nice 10k mile car for 75 tho...
Old 10-30-2009, 01:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 SL55
Originally Posted by sechsgang
nah, but I go through enough cars to have a bit of an education on what is what (unfortunately...lol). I dont like it at all...but there isnt anything I can do about it. I just cant believe how many 90k blk series are out there. Im looking at one for 83 right now and I still think it should be closer to 80. Its a 4k mile example owned by a perfectionist as well. That said, I wouldnt mind finding a nice 10k mile car for 75 tho...
afflicted with the same disease, can't help it either. mine hasn't cost $100k in the last year or two but (had the BS ~2 years now but, probably take a big step that way if I ever sold it though....), with having bought/sold 60+ vehicles in the past 18 years I've been schooled too.

I'd go for the car with fewer miles for a little more $'s but that's just me. Good luck.
Old 10-30-2009, 01:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 SL55
Originally Posted by BGA23
Sellers always think their car is worth more than it really is and buyers always think it is worth less, it is human nature. A good negotiation leaves both buyer and seller a little pissed, buyer thinks they paid a bit too much and seller thinks they sold it a bit too cheap. At the end of the day if they agree on a price, then who are we to argue that it wasn't a fair price?
completely agree.
Old 10-30-2009, 05:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'12 CLS63, CLK63 BS (sold), '04 Maz Cpe (gone), '07 ML (gone), 08 SLK55 AMG (hers)
Auction BS?

I would be surprised that a BS would even be at an auction. Auction cars are usually those that will not sell. The BS is not old enough and a rare one. I'd like to see what "auctions" they are selling on at. Unless a higher end car auction like RM etc...
Old 10-30-2009, 06:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Auction prices

From my understanding, the cars that have been at auction as of recent have pulled in some where near the mid $70k mark. There were only a few of them and mostly black cars with above 10k miles and probably on the second owner already.

I believe the ones that are out there currently were trade in cars, most of which didn't hit the auction block. If you are shopping for price in mind with no color preference and no mileage limitation, you can find a small selection probably 2 maybe 3 cars that will be priced around $75k. I know of a black single owner car with 20k miles in Maryland that can be had for $75k. And another silver car with 14k miles with a carfax accident report indicating minor real damage for $76k. (this one maybe sold). And finally the one at mercedes benz-Omaha for $75k or somewhere near that figure with 11k miles and already 2 owners.(I was told it is still for sale and it does come with CPO)

Anyhow take it back about 6-8 months ago the same car with around 6-9k miles could of been had for near $80k. I know this because I lost out on a few deals because I had not sold my car yet. But like alot of other cars, prices have jumped up several thousands. As eager as I am to get into one, after having actually driven the car and given some insight about the enhancements, I will still wait for a nice example.