CLK63 Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the W209 CLK63 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.

wanted aero kit pics

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 04:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK AMG BLACK SERIES (among other German things)
wanted aero kit pics

Hello all . Anyone have any pictures of the genuine AMG aero kit for Black Serious please ?
Old 02-23-2010, 08:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 86 Likes on 58 Posts
'22 G 63 AMG, '21 GLE 53 AMG, '20 NSX
Originally Posted by WTDoom
Hello all . Anyone have any pictures of the genuine AMG aero kit for Black Serious please ?
https://mbworld.org/forums/attachmen...1&d=1266975838
Attached Thumbnails wanted aero kit pics-p1000793.jpg  
Old 02-24-2010, 05:57 AM

CLK AMG BLACK SERIES (among other German things)
thanks jim !
any rear spoiler shots ?
Old 02-24-2010, 01:54 PM
JDB

CLK63 Black Series
WTDoom

Send me a private message, with your e-mail and I will send you a higher quality image of the picture that I took at the AMG Master Series event in Ronda, Spain from back in November 2007 (that copy of my photo from the web that Jim Brady included in his post, above, has rather poor resolution).

JDB
Old 02-24-2010, 04:07 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2008 MB CLK Black Series
Ok, this might seem ignorant coming from a BS owner, but I wasn't aware of any other BS
genuine AMG aero kits? Looks as if the only changes are CF front lip and CF wing, I know the DTM has a CF wing, is this really a MB factory BS?
Todd
Old 02-24-2010, 07:58 PM
JDB

CLK63 Black Series
Originally Posted by toddturbos
. . . is this really a MB factory BS?
Todd
This is the AMG aero kit as installed by AMG. This car was at the Ascari track in Ronda, Spain in November of 2007, at the AMG Driving Academy Master Sports Trophy Event, there.

It was not available for any of the participants to use. However, they did have a non-aero package CLK63 Black Series available for some test laps for us to compare its performance to the SLK55 AMG's that we were using for the competition.

I think you may be able to find some more information about the CLK63 AMG aero package on the PL site.

Sounds as though a wing and a front spoiler are going to be on your ever-growing wish list, soon.

JDB
Old 02-24-2010, 08:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by toddturbos
Ok, this might seem ignorant coming from a BS owner, but I wasn't aware of any other BS
genuine AMG aero kits? Looks as if the only changes are CF front lip and CF wing, I know the DTM has a CF wing, is this really a MB factory BS?
Todd
I was at Afalterbach in 10/07 and there were two CLK63 BS with the aero package in the special projects shop. AMG wouldn't let me take a photo as they hadn't been released yet. The photo I posted was from the Private Lounge which I don't think you can access from the UK.
The front wing is CF and Vorsteiner has an identical one. The rear wing is different than the DTM wing if you notice the up rights come out of the spoiler.
They will not sell it to a US vin# car.
Old 02-25-2010, 11:05 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2008 MB CLK Black Series
JDB and Jim, thanks for the information, you hit the nail on the head with the front spoiler, however, the rear wing is a little too over the top for me. Now, if I had a DTM, that would be a different story!

One of my neighbors has relatives in Germany and often visits, I think I'll have him stop by a MB dealership and inquire about the parts.

Todd
Old 02-25-2010, 02:00 PM

CLK Black
When I visited AMG, they told me that the parts had to be installed in Affalterbach.

I love the front splitter but the double rear wing was not really my cup of tea. I really wasn't fond of them mounting it right through the trink lip spoiler.

Just my .02
Old 02-25-2010, 02:36 PM
lsb

clk black series
Originally Posted by AMG Dictator
I love the front splitter but the double rear wing was not really my cup of tea.
I agree. Could you fit the splitter without the rear wing or would this upset the aero ?
Old 02-26-2010, 12:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by lsb
I agree. Could you fit the splitter without the rear wing or would this upset the aero ?
I run the front splitter with no issues without the rear aero spoiler. Only problem is steep driveways. I suspect that the rear spoiler would even out the balance.