CLK63 Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the W209 CLK63 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.

vegas in may

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 11:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You guys are seriously trippin'
Old 03-23-2010, 12:13 AM

Received 23 Likes on 7 Posts
'08 CLK Black, '08 SL65, '17 SL65, '07 SL55, '20 E63S Wagon, '14 GL450
I thought Hennessey was in Texas and California... what's up with Vegas?? I'll have my Black in Vegas April 8-16.
Old 03-23-2010, 02:30 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2008 CLS63 AMG
Found this.

http://www.hennesseyperformance.com/...ctionReq=Where
Old 03-23-2010, 06:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
2008 BS
Fantasm...get off your soapbox. As my first post said, I am taking delivery of the car in Vegas and wondered who else would be there....plain and simple.

If I choose not to share what has been done to the car that is my choice and not up to you to say you know my type. You are proof that any a$$ can type and hide behind a computer.

I also know your type. Just look at how important you are trying to make yourself look but showing the cars you have had.

Anyways, you win and I will go away.
Old 03-23-2010, 07:11 AM
lsb

clk black series
What is the fasination for some people on here with bolt on go faster bits ??

My take on the car is that it really isn't short on power, if you want to track it then get a good geo set up and enjoy. If you really want to be flash then ditch the slow witted auto box and have someone make/fit a six speed sequential gearbox. Now that would make a positive difference.

I know upgradeitus is a disease that inflicts us all and I can understand ( to a point ) people who drive very mundane cars wanting to make theirs slightly different, BUT this a rare highly developed car that we have. It doesn't need someone in a shed bolting on a turbo or a chap in his bedroom redesigning the ecu mapping - it has been designed the way it has for a reason, compromised yes, but then it is a road car.

I met the designer of the Lotus 2 eleven last year and he laughed when asked about ecu remaps. He said in nearly every case that they had tested if more peak power was obtained ( and this was rare ) they came at the expense of huge flat spots. His summation was, if there was more performance to be had, don't you think we would have found it ?? I am sure this applies to the AMG engineers as well albeit they work within tighter confines.

To me the fact of the matter is this. To be a truly great track car the black series would need to lose a shed load of weight and have a different gearbox. I do about 20 trackdays a year and there is no way I would pay for the tyres, brake pads and brake discs that the black series would go through. Kudos to those of you that do though.

The CLK DTM has 585 bhp and has trouble putting all that power down. Could they have got more power from that engine ? Of course, but what's the point. The black series is the same to a lesser degree. Whilst I take my hat off to those who do their best in developing their black series as a track car I can't help but think that you are slightly mad, it's simply too heavy to be financially viable as a 70 to 80 laps a day car imho and the weight will always be a restriction to outright performance, but it's a free world and good luck to you. But to those who are obsessed with bolt on bhp my question is this. Do you really think spinning the rear wheels even more with 750 bhp makes the car better ??
Old 03-23-2010, 09:43 AM
Out Of Control!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ecampbell
I don't normally post to any sites but as this is a small group...why not. I am taking delivery of my Hennessey prepared clk black edition this May in Vegas.
Fantasm...get off your soapbox. As my first post said, I am taking delivery of the car in Vegas and wondered who else would be there....plain and simple.
LOL! Not so plain and simple. You could've saved yourself the trouble if you hadn't mentioned "Hennessey prepared" CLK. This is a car forum enthuasiast so it's given that a lot of people would be asking what was done to your car.

There's a difference if you had just mentioned you were taking delivery vs taking delivery of your "Hennessey" prepped car. In any case enjoy your car.
Old 03-23-2010, 01:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Less than an impressive post above.

I will still be in vegas for May with the car but won't be racing. John will be a bit tied up as well...check out the cover on top gear magazine coming out next week (I don't know when it comes out in the US).
How about a quick drag race, roll-on or top speed run? Don't tell me you are going to dump all that money into you BS and not even be a little curious about how it will stack up against another modded BS.
Old 03-23-2010, 01:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by LZH
Ya think??
So now that people are asking, why not share your mods?? Seems pretty lame to boast about it and not share...
He's probably another Poser...He probably does not even own a BS, what was that one douchebags name about a year ago? Marty? This guy makes a post asking if anyone wants to meet up in Vegas, myself and a couple other guys say "sure" and even look into track rental and even said I would move move schedule around to meet up with him then he bails like a b!tch???? If this guy does own a BS and it really is getting tuned by Hennessey it sounds like John may have talked him out of a head-to-head race with another modded BS for fear of getting SPANKED!!!!!!

Hey Mr. Hennessey...I love calling people out and now I'm gonna call you out, bring whatever Black Series it is you are building and I'll be there, we can run strip, road course, roll-on or all of the above, I'm game. Name your price but be sure to bring cash because it common knowledge that you owe LOTS of people LOTS of money! I'll run for cash, track rental, dinner, lapdances (I like redheads), or whatever, you name it, I'll be there!

...friggin Douchebags!

Last edited by jrcart; 03-23-2010 at 01:33 PM.
Old 03-23-2010, 03:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 BS
Sorry my friend racing while drunk tells the entire forum who the douche bag is. What if you had gone off the track and killed a friend or someone who works there? And you are proud of this...how old are you...18?

I will be in Vegas when I said I would be and now have plans to meet and go on a couple cruises with two other owners. If you promise to take a breath test before we start, maybe you will be allowed to participate.
Old 03-23-2010, 03:33 PM
JDB

CLK63 Black Series
Here's a suggestion where you might want to meet up . . .

http://www.hennesseyslasvegas.com/

JDB
Old 03-23-2010, 06:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sorry my friend racing while drunk tells the entire forum who the douche bag is. What if you had gone off the track and killed a friend or someone who works there? And you are proud of this...how old are you...18?

I will be in Vegas when I said I would be and now have plans to meet and go on a couple cruises with two other owners. If you promise to take a breath test before we start, maybe you will be allowed to participate.
ya, racing a go-kart on a closed course with full gear and only 4 of us on the track THAT I RENTED FOR MY OWN USE! It's not like there were women and children crusing around with us...lighten up douchbag and go back to the seminary your holyness. I don't drink and drive in a car on public roads, big difference my dear, but I'll take that breat test right before I spank you and your Hennessey joke/dream mobile.
Old 03-23-2010, 06:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by JDB
Here's a suggestion where you might want to meet up . . .

http://www.hennesseyslasvegas.com/

JDB

I have a feeling that may be as close to a real "Hennessey" that the OP is going to get. I really can't wait to see what kind of garbage this guy rolls up in..."The Hennessey Stage 19 CLK 63 Black Series", probably a pulley and an ECU tune that he got charged $25k for.

LOL, I just spoke with Alex at Hennessy, as luck would have it they currently have a Black Series in their shop, but ironically all they offer at this time is ECU tuning and they "can source headers from a 3rd party vendor" So one can put 2 and 2 together and sumise that there is NO FI Black Series coming out of the Hennessy shop any time in the near future.
Old 03-23-2010, 10:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Wow...gone for a few days and this is what I come back to. Funny you mentioned about Marty. Wasn't it Jrcart and LZH that called him out last year? Wonder what the boy is doing with his liqour store?
Old 03-23-2010, 11:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Sincity
Wow...gone for a few days and this is what I come back to. Funny you mentioned about Marty. Wasn't it Jrcart and LZH that called him out last year? Wonder what the boy is doing with his liqour store?
The Marty ownage was a collaborative effort, I think in addition to Luke and I, Cylinder Head, JT and possibly even ChuckZ played a part in outting Marty.

I am still confused about this one, it could be some poser ownage except I confirmed Hennessey has a BS in their shop at this very moment, but that shop is in southern Texas, I'm wondering why OP would be taking delivery in Vegas. Weather and conditions in Vegas in mid May are less than desireable, temps in the 90s are not good for testing the performance of a car. I called Hennessey and I acted as if I owned a stock BS that I wanted to add FI to. According to the people at Hennessy I spoke with they have no forced induction 63 in the works, all they offer is ECU tunning, they can source and install headers and other mild bolt-ons from a 3rd party vendor.

I guess we are going to have to stayed tuned to this one.
Old 03-24-2010, 04:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 BS
I never said I had the fastest car or that I had any exotic mods done. I only stated John prepped the car for me. Your the one talking about FI, not me. In fact I said at the very beginning I would be watching your tail lights the entire time so to confirm above what I already said is pointless. How it got blown up into this mess is stupid is way beyond me.

We can either drop it and have a beer in Vegas or continue to flame away.
Old 03-24-2010, 08:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I never said I had the fastest car or that I had any exotic mods done. I only stated John prepped the car for me. Your the one talking about FI, not me. In fact I said at the very beginning I would be watching your tail lights the entire time so to confirm above what I already said is pointless. How it got blown up into this mess is stupid is way beyond me.

We can either drop it and have a beer in Vegas or continue to flame away.
You're right, you never mentioned FI, you make a post tip toeing around like Hennessey was installing some top secret Flux Capacitor and when people ask about the mods he's installing you come back with a wise crack "license plate frame" remark. If you want to keep your mods under wraps that's cool, but don't start a thread hyping up the fact that your car is in Hennessey shop, it was you that initially made a big deal about it, we all just took the bait and asked the next obvious questions. We are all enthusiests on this board and we love our Black Series'. We are all interested whenever a tuner offers up new products for our. Evosport and Renntech are currently the two tuners with the most proven offerings for the BS but its exciting whenever a new big name tuner joins in on the fun.

If I could ask why did you choose to go with Hennessey? They are obviously big players in the Viper and Ford GT markets but I have not seen much success out of them in the import market. They make some insane power with their Vipers but they are also imfamous for reliability issues. I have a friend that had a previous generation Viper tuned by Hennessy, when it ran it was fast but he had more downtime than it was worth, major engine failure and he finally rebuilt the motor back to stock and sold the car, but then again Dodge had some reliability issues even with bone stock Vipers. W would be interested in hearing about your mods and the results you see from them so if you care to share we will be here.

Last edited by jrcart; 03-24-2010 at 08:11 AM.
Old 03-24-2010, 11:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Make up and have a beer.

I, for one, and probably others, also took the bait thinking that Hennessey has something insane being developed for the BS and the 63 platform for that matter. What better way to test it than race Jrcart's BS? Heck, Jrcart was willing to pocket the expense and ship his car all the way here to run it. How enthusiastic is that???

I wish he would ship it here. I would like to see and hear both of your cars.

To OP: You are new here. You'll get used to Jr's smartass remarks.

Last edited by Sincity; 03-24-2010 at 11:36 AM.
Old 03-24-2010, 12:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Sincity
Make up and have a beer.

I, for one, and probably others, also took the bait thinking that Hennessey has something insane being developed for the BS and the 63 platform for that matter. What better way to test it than race Jrcart's BS? Heck, Jrcart was willing to pocket the expense and ship his car all the way here to run it. How enthusiastic is that???

I wish he would ship it here. I would like to see and hear both of your cars.

To OP: You are new here. You'll get used to Jr's smartass remarks.
I've had my car out in Vegas on 3 different occasions over the past two years and I always post when I'm going to be out there with it. I'm actually going to be out there next week Wednesday to Saturday (3/31-4/3), I'm throwing a suprise party for one of my good friends 40th B-Days. We're going karting at Pole Position one afternoon (I will try to stay sober LOL) and gonna tear it up for a few days, probably hit the Rhino on Thursday night, I'll have a table and bottles there and I've got the best table in the house on the floor at Vanity at Hard Rock Friday night, let me know if you want to join us out one day or eve. It's gonna be 7 or 8 dudes, kind of a sausage fest but a few of my buddies are pretty smooth with the ladies so I suspect we will have plenty of arm candy before we even enter the club, they have yet to fail at that task. Should be fun, let me know.
Old 03-24-2010, 12:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 BS
I used to live in Bermuda and would fly out to Nevada and race in the dessert with John and Dave in what was then called the Pony Express and the Silver State Classic and have loyalty to them.

40ish and from Chicago..sounds like you are a commodity trader...
Old 03-24-2010, 03:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I used to live in Bermuda and would fly out to Nevada and race in the dessert with John and Dave in what was then called the Pony Express and the Silver State Classic and have loyalty to them.

40ish and from Chicago..sounds like you are a commodity trader...
....Commodity Trader, no, that would require too much work and more hours a week than I would be willing to put in. I own a trucking company headquarted here in the Chicago area with locations in Dallas, Atlanta and quite possibly soon in Vegas. As for my age, I'm actually 38, which is close to 40ish, but 38 sounds so much better.

Keep us posted on your car, I am going to be in Vegas again the weekend of May 14th for my 39th B-day, but would still be willing to ship the car out the weekend before for a track day. If you are not interested in a track day I will most likely not go to the trouble of shipping my car out just to tool around on the roads.
Old 05-09-2010, 02:57 AM

Outside Las Vegas, yesterday 05/07

Old 05-09-2010, 11:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by jrcart
I've had my car out in Vegas on 3 different occasions over the past two years and I always post when I'm going to be out there with it. I'm actually going to be out there next week Wednesday to Saturday (3/31-4/3), I'm throwing a suprise party for one of my good friends 40th B-Days. We're going karting at Pole Position one afternoon (I will try to stay sober LOL) and gonna tear it up for a few days, probably hit the Rhino on Thursday night, I'll have a table and bottles there and I've got the best table in the house on the floor at Vanity at Hard Rock Friday night, let me know if you want to join us out one day or eve. It's gonna be 7 or 8 dudes, kind of a sausage fest but a few of my buddies are pretty smooth with the ladies so I suspect we will have plenty of arm candy before we even enter the club, they have yet to fail at that task. Should be fun, let me know.
Sh*t. I lost track of this thread. Thanks for the invite and sorry to have missed it. Hope you guys had a great time.

Edit-Looks like I'll miss you on the 14th as well. Going up to Alaska for 10 days. Happy 39th Jim. If you are going to have a depot here, I guess us locals will have more a chance to check your BS out.

Last edited by Sincity; 05-09-2010 at 11:53 AM.
Old 05-09-2010, 11:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by cigarette1
Outside Las Vegas, yesterday 05/07

So what event did I miss now????
Old 05-10-2010, 07:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 BS
Just a couple of us playing as we had nothing to do on a Friday afternoon...
Old 05-10-2010, 02:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ecampbell; So it appears you got your ECU stuff straightened out from a week or so back. One question, I thought you said Hennessey was doing the tuning on your car...for what reason may I ask was evosport involved. Did Hennessey just outsource the ecu tune and call it there own? What if anything did Hennessey do to your car and can you share the results of the mods, I'm sure may of us would like to hear what other tuners are doing with the awesome Black Series along with real world results, thanks.

Last edited by jrcart; 05-10-2010 at 02:43 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: vegas in may