CLK63 Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the W209 CLK63 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.

Houston MSR Driversedge

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 12:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Public Transportation
Houston MSR Driversedge

Met John who had a silver BS. Lookin for pics of both.

Vid of me coming in to 17. Need to get an in car setup.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0vdLUw0a5g
Old 04-19-2010, 02:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'14 ML BT
Looked and sounded like a bit of lift oversteer, but a good recovery. That makes life exciting!

Was it well attended?
Did you enjoy the car?

May 15, 16 at MSR Cresson, I know of at least 1 BS registered.
Old 04-19-2010, 03:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
There is nothing fun looking about that wall...I've never seen a wall placed that close to the action in a fast, heavy braking corner. People must blast that wall all the time
Old 04-19-2010, 03:48 PM
SMP
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
CLK63 Black Series
Originally Posted by jrcart
There is nothing fun looking about that wall...I've never seen a wall placed that close to the action in a fast, heavy braking corner. People must blast that wall all the time
The key is to know that there is a wall and than forget about it. Otherwise it's just a matter of time before they scratch you off that wall. I concentrate on not going off at all, whether there is a wall or not..........
Old 04-19-2010, 07:37 PM

Public Transportation
That wall is definitely menacing. I have seen cars bounce off of it. Not pretty.

Yup, got her a just a little sideways.

Attendance was good. Almost everything you can imagine below $100,000. Nothing too exotic. These are always very friendly events.

Cresson is on my radar. We shall see.
Old 04-19-2010, 07:45 PM
LZH
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
Are you guys talking about the wall to the drivers left running along the entire straight ? If so, I don't see it being much of an issue. I think the driver of the white BS just missed his braking a bit going into that turn thus missing the apex and putting him out of shape at the exit. Slow in fast out...
Old 04-19-2010, 10:29 PM

Public Transportation
Yes, that is the wall they are talking about. I entered the corner perfectly and was just a little heavy on the gas on exit. Amazingly easy to do in this torque monster.

Originally Posted by LZH
Are you guys talking about the wall to the drivers left running along the entire straight ? If so, I don't see it being much of an issue. I think the driver of the white BS just missed his braking a bit going into that turn thus missing the apex and putting him out of shape at the exit. Slow in fast out...
Old 04-19-2010, 10:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'14 ML BT
Originally Posted by forhamilton
Yes, that is the wall they are talking about. I entered the corner perfectly and was just a little heavy on the gas on exit. Amazingly easy to do in this torque monster.
If you're around DFW on April 30, there's an event at TMS.
http://www.texasdrivingexperience.co...EventsCalendar

2.9 miles and more than half with concrete walls!

This bit of video is amazing. What happens when the back end gets loose? Turn into the skid, right?
Not on a 24 degree bank!
Don't even twitch!
Old 04-19-2010, 10:52 PM

Public Transportation
2 years ago I was scheduled to do a night event at TMS. Arrived. Got setup and rain/lightening cancelled the event. Had to load up the next morning and drive back to CC after nothing.

One thing they stressed over and over was that if you have a problem, put both feet to the floor and DO NOT try and save it.
Old 04-19-2010, 10:53 PM
SMP
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
CLK63 Black Series
Perfectly? Looks to me that you turned in too early, missed the apex on the first corner, ran wide and because of that couldn't make the second apex either........maybe you should have been closer to that wall before turning in?
Old 04-19-2010, 10:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 86 Likes on 58 Posts
'22 G 63 AMG, '21 GLE 53 AMG, '20 NSX
Thanks for posting. Glad to see your using the BS as it was intended. It sure beats pics of worthless Ghetto rims we're besieged with.

If your still running the factory alignment you'll pick up a bunch of time with a decent competition alignment and the car won't seem so tail happy.
Old 04-19-2010, 10:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'14 ML BT
One thing they stressed over and over was that if you have a problem, put both feet to the floor and DO NOT try and save it.
Funny thing is, I think McDowell lifted just a bit and the left front bit hard, he corrected and the rest is history.
Old 04-19-2010, 11:38 PM
LZH
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
Originally Posted by SMP
Perfectly? Looks to me that you turned in too early, missed the apex on the first corner, ran wide and because of that couldn't make the second apex either........maybe you should have been closer to that wall before turning in?
Agree...your entrance was less than perfect. Don't take it the wrong way, but it looks like you carried too much speed into that turn, tried to trail brake and missed the first apex by about 3 or 4 feet, which put you out of shape for the next turn. If you watch the video again, you will see that your front right fender is nowhere near the cone. The late apex as a result of carrying too much speed caused you to run wide, scrub off some speed and by then you had already missed the second apex. Don't sweat it man...just be glad that wall wasn't at the exit of the first turn