CLK63 Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the W209 CLK63 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.

Oil Temperature Readings

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-16-2010, 05:39 PM
SMP
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
CLK63 Black Series
Originally Posted by LZH
Sasha - send me a PM about why you went back to stock. I was actually thinking of getting a tune...

And please let us know what your dealer says about these elevated oil temps...Specifically, I'd like to know what kind of Tstat setup our cars have...BTW, what dealer do you goto ?
Luke, sent you a PM. I'll pick up my car in a little while and let you know.
Old 09-17-2010, 12:45 AM
SMP
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
CLK63 Black Series
When I picked up my car from the dealer I talked to my mechanic about the oil cooler on our cars. He even gave me a print out that shows where the oil temperature regulator is located and what it looks like.

The switch or temperature regulator, is located on the driver side front of the crankcase, just below the cylinder head. If that ever has to be removed for repair, make sure the car is still under warranty, as it requires the removal of everything that's in front of it. The cost of repair will be in the labor, not the part itself. The switch is oil pressure operated and kind of looks like a spring loaded rubber diaphragm. At idle, there is not enough oil pressure and the oil only circulates within the block. As rpm's rise so does oil pressure and the switch opens and oil goes through the cooler to regulate temperatures. Pretty simple design, as long as it works properly
Old 09-17-2010, 03:17 PM
LZH
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
Thanks for the info, Sacsha. Sounds like that piece is not the issue. I'm gonna get down and take a closer look at my oil cooler and see if it's obstructed or damaged in any way.