CLK63 Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the W209 CLK63 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.

RENNtech's Carbon Fiber Upgrades For CLK63 Black Series

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-10-2011, 04:48 PM
Banned

Received 72 Likes on 62 Posts
Speedriven
FYI, guys:
IMO, this thread is no longer constructive or educational, so I'm unsubscribing. This is an RT fan promoting what RT wants him to promote, and that's fine. Everyone is pretty well aware of my thoughts re: RENNtech at this point (thanks to Dusty posting the ling to my personal blog) and I'm sure that anyone who's been around tuning for a while probably agrees with me on all counts.

SO, have fun chatting RT - I won't be getting more notifications but that doesn't mean I've got nothing to say ... just nothing to say that I think is fit for a public forum.

Old 01-10-2011, 05:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by Speedriven
FYI, guys:
IMO, this thread is no longer constructive or educational, so I'm unsubscribing. This is an RT fan promoting what RT wants him to promote, and that's fine. Everyone is pretty well aware of my thoughts re: RENNtech at this point (thanks to Dusty posting the ling to my personal blog) and I'm sure that anyone who's been around tuning for a while probably agrees with me on all counts.

SO, have fun chatting RT - I won't be getting more notifications but that doesn't mean I've got nothing to say ... just nothing to say that I think is fit for a public forum.

Sorry to disappoint.... I am not promoting anything and have not been contacted by RENNtech to post anything about this stuff... In fact, I thought I was going to be contacted by them to take the pictures down since they were used without their permission I have no clue where do you get this type of information?

The reason I posted this here was that I saw it on the home page of the Benz Boost forum so I figured to tell the members here about it. And even before posting it here, I searched and couldn't find detailed pictures or comments about it, so I went ahead and created the thread.

I know you dislike RENNtech, but please do NOT generalize the purpose of my post based on assumptions. Check your PM

Last edited by MB_Forever; 01-10-2011 at 05:32 PM.
Old 01-10-2011, 06:48 PM
Banned

Speedriven
Originally Posted by MB_Forever
Sorry to disappoint.... I am not promoting anything and have not been contacted by RENNtech to post anything about this stuff... In fact, I thought I was going to be contacted by them to take the pictures down since they were used without their permission I have no clue where do you get this type of information?

The reason I posted this here was that I saw it on the home page of the Benz Boost forum so I figured to tell the members here about it. And even before posting it here, I searched and couldn't find detailed pictures or comments about it, so I went ahead and created the thread.

I know you dislike RENNtech, but please do NOT generalize the purpose of my post based on assumptions. Check your PM
PM just asked for my cell no.

That said, I have no problem with RENNtech products, its staff, or its techs - I have problems with its management and their business practices, however, and that may be what you're getting a sense of.

As for the photos, they are mine, and are being used by RENNtech without my permission (their domain host and registrar have already been contacted, and a DMCA Takedown Notice has been issued).

Anyone here (you included) is more than welcome to call me here at the office during business hours (847) 485.8126. I've also sent you my personal cell, as requested in your PM.
Old 01-10-2011, 07:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by Speedriven
PM just asked for my cell no.

That said, I have no problem with RENNtech products, its staff, or its techs - I have problems with its management and their business practices, however, and that may be what you're getting a sense of.

As for the photos, they are mine, and are being used by RENNtech without my permission (their domain host and registrar have already been contacted, and a DMCA Takedown Notice has been issued).

Anyone here (you included) is more than welcome to call me here at the office during business hours (847) 485.8126. I've also sent you my personal cell, as requested in your PM.
Called both numbers and no one answered. You claimed that RENNtech told me to create this post yet you have no proof. I can similarly claim that Speedriven has instructed you to pollute other's threads, but I don't do so. Call me when you get a chance to talk.
Old 01-10-2011, 08:41 PM
LZH
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
It amazes me that you guys actually take time out of what I can only assume are busy lives, to talk to one another on the phone about some stupid post on the internet. Do you think anyone actually gives 2 *****s why you post here or what you have to say about RT ?? Do you think RT cares ? Jesus...I think everyone needs to take a step back and re-evaluate whats really important in life. And if posting on this forums is still at the top of your list, I'd say you need to find something better to do with your life. Just my honest opinion...YMMV.
Old 01-10-2011, 11:24 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
CLK BS
Originally Posted by LZH
It amazes me that you guys actually take time out of what I can only assume are busy lives, to talk to one another on the phone about some stupid post on the internet. Do you think anyone actually gives 2 *****s why you post here or what you have to say about RT ?? Do you think RT cares ? Jesus...I think everyone needs to take a step back and re-evaluate whats really important in life. And if posting on this forums is still at the top of your list, I'd say you need to find something better to do with your life. Just my honest opinion...YMMV.
The only meaningful post in this thread...besides the first one.
Old 01-10-2011, 11:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
True story, so I'm in Vegas this weekend, find my way into the Adult AVN Expo, a tradeshow for vibrators, **** movies, ****** made out of crystal and glass lotions, lubes and ***** pumps and I come across carbon fiber **** rings...IMO the Renntech garbage in this thread is just about as useful as those carbon fiber **** rings and I think I would rather drive in my car with one of those cf **** rings glued to the rear decklid than that ricer wing in the photo.

Last edited by jrcart; 01-10-2011 at 11:48 PM.
Old 01-11-2011, 12:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 140 Likes on 107 Posts
ML350
Originally Posted by jrcart
True story, so I'm in Vegas this weekend, find my way into the Adult AVN Expo, a tradeshow for vibrators, **** movies, ****** made out of crystal and glass lotions, lubes and ***** pumps and I come across carbon fiber **** rings...IMO the Renntech garbage in this thread is just about as useful as those carbon fiber **** rings and I think I would rather drive in my car with one of those cf **** rings glued to the rear decklid than that ricer wing in the photo.
Priceless
Old 01-11-2011, 02:27 AM
LZH
Banned

CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
When your done with that cf **** ring at the rhino...leave it with Chris or Jon and have them soak it in grey goose for me - I'll be there this weekend for a bachelor party.
Old 01-11-2011, 03:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by LZH
A short phone call would actually take less time than it would to post a few comments on here, so either way, we're all wasting a little bit of time by taking a small break from normal life to play online The phone call was not about this specific post by the way.

Anyways, I honestly don't know how he arrived at his conclusion, that RENNtech has instructed me to make this post in order to promote their products. Like RENNtech needs promoting The only reason I created this thread was because I saw this stuff blasted all over the home page of Benz Boost and I figured to post it here for you guys in the Black Series section in case you haven't seen it

Back on topic, I would really like to see some scientific numbers out of that diffuser.... looks promising.

LOL.... I was cracking up reading this.... best post in a while
Old 01-11-2011, 10:31 AM
Banned

Speedriven
Originally Posted by LZH
^ this.

For the record: anyone who wants my number can have it. I try to be accessible to clients, friends, etc. at all hours. (305) 934.3181

Last edited by Speedriven1; 01-11-2011 at 10:33 AM.
Old 01-11-2011, 10:32 AM
Banned

Speedriven
True story, so I'm in Vegas this weekend, find my way into the Adult AVN Expo, a tradeshow for vibrators, **** movies, ****** made out of crystal and glass lotions, lubes and ***** pumps and I come across carbon fiber **** rings...

I am SO. GLAD. I checked in on this thread this morning.
Old 01-11-2011, 11:06 AM
Out Of Control!

LMAO!!! We know you got some pics Jim. How about posting some sample/teaser pics to cool off this thread. lol!
Old 01-11-2011, 11:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by LZH
When your done with that cf **** ring at the rhino...leave it with Chris or Jon and have them soak it in grey goose for me - I'll be there this weekend for a bachelor party.
Luke, I didn't buy one...I didn't see my size. So does the Goose sterilize it or something? Could you imagine if one splintered while in high gear

I might be back in Vegas with a couple buddies this weekend, I seemed to have misplaced about $15k while I was out there. Then I will be in OC on Monday checking in on my car at evosport.

Last edited by jrcart; 01-11-2011 at 11:11 AM.
Old 01-11-2011, 11:18 AM
Banned

Speedriven
Could you imagine if one splintered while in high gear
GAH!

Some of us have vivid imaginations, and that is NOT a mental postcard I wanted to get this morning.

Also: thanks to the AVN post, I have re-subscribed to this thread, apparently.