CLK63 Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the W209 CLK63 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.

WTB: CLK Black Series Steering Wheel

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-15-2011, 07:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Huracan. S63. CL63. E55.
WTB: CLK Black Series Steering Wheel

Guys,

Looking to buy a BS steering wheel for my E63 and wanted to see if you guys had anything available before I go out and buy one new from the dealership.

PM or email me: mark.chapparone@gmail.com

Thanks!
Old 02-16-2011, 03:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
2008 BS
first I don't have one....but why would you want to do this?
Old 02-16-2011, 10:14 AM

Huracan. S63. CL63. E55.
Originally Posted by ecampbell
first I don't have one....but why would you want to do this?
Because it's a direct replacement of the steering wheels. No modifications or new airbag needed.

Plus the BS steering wheel looks and feels great; that's why I'd want to to this.
Old 02-16-2011, 11:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mchapparone
Because it's a direct replacement of the steering wheels. No modifications or new airbag needed.

Plus the BS steering wheel looks and feels great; that's why I'd want to to this.
I think the steering wheel is the only part of the BS I don't like ... I can't get my hand around the portion of the steering wheel that I'm used to. Is it that different from your standard E55 wheel where everyone is going to say "wow cool, a BS steering wheel" or are you going to have to always tell anyone looking ... "that's a BS steering wheel" ... I think it's a waste of time and energy.

G
Old 02-16-2011, 11:18 AM

Huracan. S63. CL63. E55.
Originally Posted by cigarette1
I think the steering wheel is the only part of the BS I don't like ... I can't get my hand around the portion of the steering wheel that I'm used to. Is it that different from your standard E55 wheel where everyone is going to say "wow cool, a BS steering wheel" or are you going to have to always tell anyone looking ... "that's a BS steering wheel" ... I think it's a waste of time and energy.

G
I could care less what anyone else has to say about my steering wheel. I buy my cars and mod them for ME. And it's not going in my 55, it's going in my 63..thanks for your help though.
Old 02-16-2011, 09:19 PM

WHT BS
Why cant anyone just answer the OP's question? It is a simple question. He didnt ask anyone for their opinion of what it would look like or what anyone thought about the Modification. This is supposed to be an enthusiast's forum. Not a place to be hassled when you ask for a little bit of information. You either know where the OP can buy a steering wheel or you dont. Just my $.02.
Old 02-16-2011, 09:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'14 911S (garage queen) '13 X3 (family hauler)
Don't know where you can find one.
Also, I thought you couldn't get BS parts w/o a VIN, etc?
Maybe only some parts are this way?
Good luck, maybe there's a smashed one somewhere you could get it from?
Old 02-17-2011, 12:36 AM

Huracan. S63. CL63. E55.
Originally Posted by Eitan1
Why cant anyone just answer the OP's question? It is a simple question. He didnt ask anyone for their opinion of what it would look like or what anyone thought about the Modification. This is supposed to be an enthusiast's forum. Not a place to be hassled when you ask for a little bit of information. You either know where the OP can buy a steering wheel or you dont. Just my $.02.
Amen!

A lot of guys on this forum can learn A LOT from your $.02 and I thank you for that.
Old 02-17-2011, 03:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 BS
Eitan - using your words, it is an enthusiast's forum...we are sharing our experience. There is no reason to get ones panties in a knot for us sharing our experience.

mchapparone - you want help, go to the dealer and order one. better yet, look on this forum and buy one of the carbon fibre ones.
Old 02-17-2011, 03:45 AM

WHT BS
Eitan - using your words, it is an enthusiast's forum...we are sharing our experience. There is no reason to get ones panties in a knot for us sharing our experience.

mchapparone - you want help, go to the dealer and order one. better yet, look on this forum and buy one of the carbon fibre ones.
Why so defensive Ecampbell. If you noticed my response did not quote your response. Mine was a general response. Show me where he asks for anyones experience on his post and I will eat my words. Read the post and then comment. He simply asked if anyone has one for sale on this board. No ones panties are in a knot. Again I did not ask for yours or anyone elses opinion of my response, yet you provided me with your assinine opinion of what I said anyway, which was once again irrelevant to the OP. Thank you for your contribution or lack there of to the post. FYI you come across a bit angry even in your second attempt to help and I quote "you want help, go to the dealer and order one" What a swell guy you must be.

Last edited by Eitan1; 02-17-2011 at 03:59 AM.
Old 02-17-2011, 03:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 BS
You are getting all bend out shape because I asked why and Cig gave his opinion.....dude, learn to relax!!!

Neither mchapparone nor myself asked for your comments yet you post.

Again...relax....calming seas, bikinis, sunshine...
Old 02-17-2011, 10:12 AM

Huracan. S63. CL63. E55.
Eitan1, thank you for contributing positively to my thread..it is ecampbell (and cigarette1) that has issues.

ecampbell, I know I can go to the dealer and order one..thanks for the GENIUS idea. Wow, you are so helpful!!! The reason for my post was to see if anyone had sourced a steering wheel out for a better price than the dealer (which costs $2240) or if somebody here went with a different steering wheel and possibly had one they could sell me. I AM JUST ASKING A SIMPLE QUESTION, you don't need to be an a-hole about it in every response. Thank you for contributing to this forum..
Old 02-17-2011, 10:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 BS
And I gave you an answer for two sources (i) the dealership which you knew and (ii) I referred to the Carbon ones posted on this website which you may not have seen.

And asking why you would put the wheel on ur car is not being a hole...it was a question.

Again dude...RELAX
Old 02-17-2011, 10:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series

Here is the one ecampbell is refering to, it looks very nice.

https://mbworld.org/forums/clk63-bla...ackseries.html
Old 02-17-2011, 10:58 AM

Huracan. S63. CL63. E55.
Originally Posted by jrcart
Here is the one ecampbell is refering to, it looks very nice.

https://mbworld.org/forums/clk63-bla...ackseries.html
It is very nice but I don't have a core to give to them for the work to be done. If i wanted that steering wheel I'd have to buy a new one, then ship it to them. It's an option but I'm looking for just the wheel in the meantime.
Old 02-17-2011, 11:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by mchapparone
It is very nice but I don't have a core to give to them for the work to be done. If i wanted that steering wheel I'd have to buy a new one, then ship it to them. It's an option but I'm looking for just the wheel in the meantime.
I'll keep an eye open for you, but I'm affraid that due to the rarirty of these cars and "steering wheel mods" not being a common thing you are most likely going to have to produce a VIN and head down to your local MB dealership and pony up full price for an OEM unit. The only other option I can think of is trying to locate one from a german or high-end car salvage yard, several of these Black Series have been totaled so I'm sure you can obtain a wheel from a salvage car however it's likely that the airbag has been deployed and you're going to have to pay for a bag re-load and sensors/ignitors.
Old 02-17-2011, 11:16 AM

Huracan. S63. CL63. E55.
Originally Posted by jrcart
I'll keep an eye open for you, but I'm affraid that due to the rarirty of these cars and "steering wheel mods" not being a common thing you are most likely going to have to produce a VIN and head down to your local MB dealership and pony up full price for an OEM unit. The only other option I can think of is trying to locate one from a german or high-end car salvage yard, several of these Black Series have been totaled so I'm sure you can obtain a wheel from a salvage car however it's likely that the airbag has been deployed and you're going to have to pay for a bag re-load and sensors/ignitors.
Thanks for your help man. I own a body shop so we can do all the labor in house. It would be fine if the bag blew because all I need is the wheel. The airbag in my 63 is a direct swap so that saves some serious cash right there.
Old 02-17-2011, 11:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 BS
ok...others called me an a.hole but nonetheless i will make a call over on this side of the atlantic to see if anything comes up

Funny enough I am in san diego the end of March and if I find something I can bring it with me (for a small delivery charge of course....)