CLK63 Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the W209 CLK63 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.

Driving Emotions CLK BS -do you know it?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-19-2011, 12:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
a Black
Driving Emotions CLK BS -do you know it?

Hey guys....

I am thinking about the jump to a BS. I ahve been looking for a few weeks and this one seems to be an interesting unit:

http://drivingemotions.com/INVENTORY...1/Default.aspx

Do any of you know this car? or dealer? Good or bad?

I really do not want a car that was burned up on the track and then made pretty.

Thanks a ton.
Old 05-19-2011, 12:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
CLK63 Black Series
I don't know the car or dealer, but you've picked the right car

One thing that might help (although this could have been fixed), the paint on the calipers is known to turn gold from heavy braking/track use, and on that car they are still silver. I would take that as a sign that the car probably hasn't been tracked much if any.

Good luck!
Jeff
Old 05-19-2011, 01:10 PM

a Black
Originally Posted by clkwork
I don't know the car or dealer, but you've picked the right car

One thing that might help (although this could have been fixed), the paint on the calipers is known to turn gold from heavy braking/track use, and on that car they are still silver. I would take that as a sign that the car probably hasn't been tracked much if any.

Good luck!
Jeff
Why are you selling yours?
Old 05-19-2011, 01:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK63 Black Series
Originally Posted by C55Vegas
Why are you selling yours?
Downgrading to put money back in my business... I really wish I could keep her. It honestly is the best car I have ever owned.
Old 05-19-2011, 01:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CLK & GL
there is also this one, it has less miles for basically the same price, it just doesnt have HRE's::::
http://dcmotorcars.com/details.html?VID=1-2l1305516587

"This is a one owner car with just 8,600 miles and is one step ahead thanks to work done by Renntech including coil-overs, flash and exhaust"
Old 05-19-2011, 02:29 PM

a Black
Or headers & sway bars. So....HREs, headers and sways vs. coilovers?

Not a fan of coilovers, normally makes the ride toooo stiff...but no experence with Renntech's version.

But, do you know that one? history is important for me too
Old 05-19-2011, 02:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK63 Black Series
FWIW all CLK black series come from AMG with coilovers. I have no idea what the Renntech version is or why they think it is an upgrade. The black series suspension is pretty capable out of the box...
Old 05-19-2011, 03:20 PM

WHT BS
Hey guys....

I am thinking about the jump to a BS. I ahve been looking for a few weeks and this one seems to be an interesting unit:

I really do not want a car that was burned up on the track and then made pretty.

Thanks a ton.
IMHO just find a stock car that has not been molested. HREs, headers, Rentech or not, the stock car is amazing out of the box. Unless you are a pro racer you will not need or be able to use anything extra a sooped up car has to offer. I honestly think that AMG has done everything the car needs from the factory. I would trust AMG engineering to Rentech or any other MB tuner out the on the planet. Just my $.02.

Good luck with the search.
Old 05-19-2011, 05:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CLK & GL
i dont know it, i was just showing you another one that you can look into if you want since its not listed on ebay. DC motors actually has 2 of them in stock..The is also a black one right by me in NY for sale by Universal Autosports
Old 05-19-2011, 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by Eitan1
IMHO just find a stock car that has not been molested. HREs, headers, Rentech or not, the stock car is amazing out of the box. Unless you are a pro racer you will not need or be able to use anything extra a sooped up car has to offer. I honestly think that AMG has done everything the car needs from the factory. I would trust AMG engineering to Rentech or any other MB tuner out the on the planet. Just my $.02.

Ditto !!!

G
Old 05-19-2011, 06:03 PM

GT3
I "believe" that is Renntechs test car. So although it has some nice mods it probably has quite a bit of dyno time and abuse etc. Double check and ask around, maybe someone can confirm. But as far as I know driving emotions is a division of Renntech. I am not 100% but have always assumed they were associated. There are videos of that car on the dyno and ripping up the back streets on their website. I wouldnt necessarily shy away from it just because it has some heavy use. It appears to have quite a bit of nice mods. You just have to justify if those are the ones you want. Good luck on ur search.
Old 05-20-2011, 12:28 AM

a Black
that is no good if that is the case. I agree that OEM is more than fine...i will never push the car to even 50% of its limits....but the exhaust sounds nice! Where is a nice OEM car?
Old 05-20-2011, 12:36 AM

a Black
Originally Posted by Eitan1

That was kinda my hope with this post. Would love a nice low millage car from a forum member, stock is perfect, that is taken care of and not tracked. Hard to tell on these cars when they are listed
Old 05-20-2011, 03:01 PM
JDB

CLK63 Black Series
Prior listings of WDBTJ77H98F239701 from the Internet:

10/30/10 $79,900.00 - Reduced $7,998 14,900 Miles Black Premier Sports Cars, Springfield, MO HRE Wheels Source: AutoTrader

09/21/10 $87,898.00 14,900 Miles Black Premier Sports Cars , Springfield, MO HRE Wheels Source:eBay 1 Offer Reserve Not Met

JDB
Old 05-24-2011, 05:14 PM

WHT BS
That was kinda my hope with this post. Would love a nice low millage car from a forum member, stock is perfect, that is taken care of and not tracked. Hard to tell on these cars when they are listed
My advice to you would be to take your time and keep searching until you find the right car and in time you will. This forum will eventually bare some fruit. FYI a good way to figure out if one of these cars have been driven hard is the color of the Calipers. They tend to turn yellow after hard usage.
Old 05-25-2011, 08:43 PM

CLK63 AMG Black Series.
Hey guys....

Thanks a ton.
I'm familiar with that car. I was looking to buy it late last year.
I've spoken with the original owner, Renntech, and the dealer who was selling it at the time.

The original owner put about $20k into it. The dealer wholesaled it to drivingemotions. They've had it for sale since.

Suffice it to say, I didn't feel good about that car even though the price was great. (Maybe I was too methodical??)

It hasn't been tracked except for an Indy parade lap where the owner got into triple digits.
I took the original owner at his word on that. He had no financial interest in the car by the time I was looking at it. And you could just tell he loved that car.

I ended up buying a different one.

I think I still have a bunch of paperwork on it including dyno sheets.

If you are still looking at it, PM me and I'll see if I can dig it up and email it to you.
Old 05-25-2011, 09:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK63 Black Series
seatbelts

nice looking sled. Wonder why there are seatbelts in back esp w/ all the chatter about the tub and weight limitations etc. New post today from fellow member who had seats and belts installed in back - maybe it is ok. After all there are ac vents back there - I crawled back there !