S-Class (W222) 2014-2020

Who's is BEST at CODING NEED HELP TURNING BITURBO TO TWIN TURBO ON MY S65 CLUSTER

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-24-2024, 12:15 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
S65 AMG W222 2017
Who's is BEST at CODING NEED HELP TURNING BITURBO TO TWIN TURBO ON MY S65 CLUSTER

Hello,

I recently purchased a lovely 2017 S65 AMG.

I am having emblems made for the side to read V12 TWIN TURBO as opposed the current V12 BITURBO

The only other thing I would like to correct is in the instrument cluster. In the tach it of course reads V!2 BITURBO.

Do you folks know anyone you could point me in the direction of with those skills. Obviously willing to pay them for there time and I assume it should be possible cause I have changed graphics before on my 2020 BMW X5MC. I just and new to the Mercedes game.

Thanks for any and all help!

Take care safe driving,
Old 06-24-2024, 04:18 PM

Received 157 Likes on 92 Posts
All Cars Lost To Hurricane Isaac (W124 E420 revived - added 88 Allante 14 S550, 17 S63
I didnt think it was possible to change the "images" within the mercedes programmed control module software.
it is likely that it requires a deeper dive into the actual modification of the program images and the image file location, size and file name.

interested to see if it is possible...

Originally Posted by S65AMG2017$
Hello,

I am having emblems made for the side to read V12 TWIN TURBO as opposed the current V12 BITURBO

The only other thing I would like to correct is in the instrument cluster. In the tach it of course reads V!2 BITURBO.

Do you folks know anyone you could point me in the direction of with those skills. Obviously willing to pay them for there time and I assume it should be possible cause I have changed graphics before on my 2020 BMW X5MC. I just and new to the Mercedes game.

Take care safe driving,
The following 2 users liked this post by kafklatsch:
C Swenson (06-24-2024), S65AMG2017$ (06-27-2024)
Old 06-24-2024, 10:23 PM
VII

Received 97 Likes on 73 Posts
2016 S65, 2014 SLK55 (Previous 2013 SLK350, 2008 CLS63, 2006 E350, 2006 CLS500, 2005 C230K)
No, you will have to suffer the indignity of the biturbo.
Although there is always electrical tape.
Old 06-26-2024, 06:09 AM

S65 AMG W222 2017
Originally Posted by kafklatsch
I didnt think it was possible to change the "images" within the mercedes programmed control module software.
it is likely that it requires a deeper dive into the actual modification of the program images and the image file location, size and file name.

interested to see if it is possible...
Originally Posted by VII
I agree with this however I do believe it's possible just not as common as modification is not as common in Mercedes. I have changed the graphics on my 2020 BMW X5MC to say things like rolls Royce or whatever with the help of tech savvy coders . I of course had no reason to so I reverted back to stock graphics however on the Mercedes I would like this changed and my experience with BMW leads me to believe it is possible just less common in the Mercedes worlds as modification is less prevalent Hoever someone must know how.

Thanks for input!
Old 06-26-2024, 09:15 AM
SPONSOR

Received 813 Likes on 630 Posts
WWW.BENZNINJA.COM
Hello,

Take care safe driving,

Beautiful dreams you have
The following users liked this post:
MayorMcCheese (06-27-2024)
Old 06-27-2024, 02:59 AM

S65 AMG W222 2017
Smile

Originally Posted by BenzNinja
Haha

Where there is a will there is a way. Seems like Mercedes crowd just doesn't have as many deep diving nerds as some of other german brands.

I will have the only S65 AMG TWIN TURBO and I will sell it to the owner of Chic Fiil A for full retail when im done !
Old 06-27-2024, 04:05 AM

Received 89 Likes on 62 Posts
2016 S550
Yeah, good luck. This brand doesn’t have the JDM crowd like the other German brands.
Old 06-27-2024, 07:26 AM

Received 347 Likes on 239 Posts
13 s212 63 p30. 03 s55amg. 06 LX470
Originally Posted by 95Sinned420
Yeah, good luck. This brand doesn’t have the JDM crowd like the other German brands.
like people that misbadge their cars with fun turbo stickers? Lol.

The car is a bi-turbo. What’s the reason to mislabel the turbo setup in the car? These are parallel same sized turbos, NOT sequential different sized turbos. People got this confused all the time back in the 1990’s. What am I missing? Or is this like having bullet shells as lugnuts and pink fuzz dice?

Old 06-27-2024, 03:15 PM

S65 AMG W222 2017
Originally Posted by Baltistyle
like people that misbadge their cars with fun turbo stickers? Lol.

The car is a bi-turbo. What’s the reason to mislabel the turbo setup in the car? These are parallel same sized turbos, NOT sequential different sized turbos. People got this confused all the time back in the 1990’s. What am I missing? Or is this like having bullet shells as lugnuts and pink fuzz dice?

Simple twin turbo sounds fertile and like a responsible parent , bi sounds like how they took men’s mental heath month June ( men have the highest suicide rate ) and turned it into gay pride 🏳️‍🌈 month. Nothing against ppls perisonal choices but I’m not a fan of where society is heading with all this and im happy to spend a tiny bit of money for my own piece of mind. If you couldn’t see why I would choose this and thinks it’s that I am trying to misbadge a top of line Mercedes perhaps you should ask yourself have you fell for the koolaid ?
Old 06-27-2024, 04:53 PM

Received 165 Likes on 103 Posts
2020 S450 4Matic, 2022 GLS450 4Matic, 2015 C300
But you have a Bi Turbo

Everyone in the Mercedes world knows the difference between the two, Bi is saved for AMG, twin goes in everything else.

[https://www.autohausonedens.com/rese...r-comparison/]
How Do Twin Turbo and Biturbo Engines Work?

Both of these engines are twin turbocharged, simply meaning they use two turbochargers instead of one. How the turbochargers are configured is what separates the engines into two types: parallel and sequential turbos.

Twin Turbo: Sequential Twin Turbo Engines

Twin turbo powertrains that use sequential twin turbochargers rely on two differently sized turbochargers that work independently. The smaller turbocharger is used for lower engine speeds, and the larger turbocharger is used for higher engine speeds. At low RPM rates, the smaller turbo will spool until enough pressure has accumulated to activate the second, larger turbo. Sequential turbocharging provides a way to decrease turbo lag—also referred to as slowed throttle response—without compromising boost output and engine power. Sequential turbocharging also provides a lower boost threshold and increased power output at lower engine speeds.

Mercedes-Benz biturbo: Parallel Twin Turbo Engines

Mercedes-Benz biturbo engines utilize two identical turbochargers simultaneously, therefore equally splitting the turbocharging duties. Typically, each turbocharger is assigned to a specific number of cylinders (for example, turbocharger A is assigned to cylinders 1-3 on a V6 engine, and turbocharger B is assigned to cylinders 4-6). This allows them to work together to create boost faster and more efficiently. Despite losing some top end power, this configuration also reduces turbo lag.
Old 06-27-2024, 06:18 PM

Received 157 Likes on 92 Posts
All Cars Lost To Hurricane Isaac (W124 E420 revived - added 88 Allante 14 S550, 17 S63
Yes.
but the protection of "hacking" the actual software may be, in MB's eyes, the same security risk as duplication of keys....
Recall that, With all the key making machines and software and nohow, theere is still, as far as I understand, no one out there that can duplicate the later keys... Whereas almost every other automotive manufacturer has keys that can be duplicated by software and hardware that any one of us could buy... just a thought...

I agree with this however I do believe it's possible just not as common as modification is not as common in Mercedes. I have changed the graphics on my 2020 BMW X5MC to say things like rolls Royce or whatever with the help of tech savvy coders . I of course had no reason to so I reverted back to stock graphics however on the Mercedes I would like this changed and my experience with BMW leads me to believe it is possible just less common in the Mercedes worlds as modification is less prevalent Hoever someone must know how.

Thanks for input!
Old 06-27-2024, 06:46 PM

Received 89 Likes on 57 Posts
2015 S550 4Matic, 2014 ML550
..Nothing against ppls perisonal choices but I’m not a fan of where society is heading with all this...
Bi-phobic re-badging?
Old 06-27-2024, 06:51 PM

S65 AMG W222 2017
By definition I have no extreme fear or aversion just not my cup of tea mate
Old 06-27-2024, 06:56 PM

By definition I have no extreme fear or aversion just not my cup of tea mate
But you want the emblem changed because it says "Bi"?
S65AMG2017$ (06-27-2024)
Old 06-27-2024, 06:59 PM

S65 AMG W222 2017
Originally Posted by C Swenson
But you want the emblem changed because it says "Bi"?
I don’t want it changed by definition it could do that on its own. I want it removed and replaced.
Old 06-27-2024, 07:07 PM

I don’t want it changed by definition it could do that on its own. I want it removed and replaced.
Let me try again. I am really trying to understand.
You want the emblem replaced so the word "bi" is not on the car because that word is used to refer to people who are bisexual? Correct?
Old 06-27-2024, 07:22 PM

S65 AMG W222 2017
Let me try again. I am really trying to understand.
You want the emblem replaced so the word "bi" is not on the car because that word is used to refer to people who are bisexual? Correct?
I think you sort of understand and as I’ve said to each their own. For me I don’t like things that are both sided , speak out of both sides of their mouths. , or bi convex. They all seem to be both sided. I’m a symbolic type. Stand for something or fall for anything !
Old 06-27-2024, 07:50 PM

I think you sort of understand and as I’ve said to each their own. For me I don’t like things that are both sided , speak out of both sides of their mouths. , or bi convex. They all seem to be both sided. I’m a symbolic type. Stand for something or fall for anything !
You are correct in that June is Men's Mental Health Awareness Month. With the stigma surrounding men's mental health issues, the month is key for visibility and spreading awareness. It is also Gay Pride month. And speaking of suicide.. of all men, bisexual men have the highest rate of suicide. Bi-phobia (and homophobia) is all too real and widespread. Sometimes it is overt, sometimes it is subtle. However, it absolutely takes it's toll.

"To each his own" applies to you as well. Replace your emblem if you must. Thanks for being honest as to why you are doing it.
will_atl (06-27-2024)
Old 06-27-2024, 08:03 PM

S65 AMG W222 2017
You are correct in that June is Men's Mental Health Awareness Month. With the stigma surrounding men's mental health issues, the month is key for visibility and spreading awareness. It is also Gay Pride month. And speaking of suicide.. of all men, bisexual men have the highest rate of suicide. Bi-phobia (and homophobia) is all too real and widespread. Sometimes it is overt, sometimes it is subtle. However, it absolutely takes it's toll.

"To each his own" applies to you as well. Replace your emblem if you must. Thanks for being honest as to why you are doing it.
point well made any sources to validate that claim about largest populous of men fitting into that category not saying your wrong just never heard this in my research ? Again I tried not to make this negative but since it’s a concern of yours. My role model, older sister and only adult in my life commit suicide when I was 14 Christmas Day. It eats me alive I’m only here today cause she isn’t. So without getting to far off topic this is a subject im well versed in and do have every right to do what I please with my car sir.
Old 06-27-2024, 08:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 540 Likes on 376 Posts
2019 S63 4Matic+, 2018 E400 Cabrio, wardens car.
Haha

Where there is a will there is a way. Seems like Mercedes crowd just doesn't have as many deep diving nerds as some of other german brands.

I will have the only S65 AMG TWIN TURBO and I will sell it to the owner of Chic Fiil A for full retail when im done !
Something tells me the owner of Chick-Fil-A is not interested in a 7 year old Mercedes that you have butchered with some made in china badges and a software tweak. Ironically you are wanting to modify the identity of the car from what the manufacturer determined was the most accurate description of the turbo configuration on the car to something different. If Benz Ninja indicates that it cannot be done, then it cannot be done on the SW side. Changing the badges will only cheapen the look of the car and probably devalue it as anyone look to potentially buy the car will question what other ridiculous mods were made in other parts of the car.
BenzNinja (06-27-2024)
Old 06-27-2024, 09:01 PM

point well made any sources to validate that claim about largest populous of men fitting into that category not saying your wrong just never heard this in my research ? Again I tried not to make this negative but since it’s a concern of yours. My role model, older sister and only adult in my life commit suicide when I was 14 Christmas Day. It eats me alive I’m only here today cause she isn’t. So without getting to far off topic this is a subject im well versed in and do have every right to do what I please with my car sir.
Disparities in Suicide-Related Behaviors Across Sexual Orientations by Gender: A Retrospective Cohort Study Using Linked Health Administrative Data

I am truly sorry you lost your sister especially at such a young age.
Old 06-27-2024, 10:48 PM

S65 AMG W222 2017
Originally Posted by VII
Bet I won't nothing good comes easy and nothing easy is good remember who told you first
Old 06-27-2024, 10:50 PM

S65 AMG W222 2017
Originally Posted by BenzNinja
It was all a dream when I was a kid and my reality surpassed that. Never lose that unadulterated thought process. Society wants you domesticated and un challenging. Makes for a good free range animal on the tax farm.
Old 06-27-2024, 11:21 PM

S65 AMG W222 2017
Originally Posted by superpop
Something tells me the owner of Chick-Fil-A is not interested in a 7 year old Mercedes that you have butchered with some made in china badges and a software tweak. Ironically you are wanting to modify the identity of the car from what the manufacturer determined was the most accurate description of the turbo configuration on the car to something different. If Benz Ninja indicates that it cannot be done, then it cannot be done on the SW side. Changing the badges will only cheapen the look of the car and probably devalue it as anyone look to potentially buy the car will question what other ridiculous mods were made in other parts of the car.
Are you impervious to humor sir?

I do not expect to actually sell to the owner of chic fil a. Its a joke referring to company with strong beliefs.

However since you have taken your tone I will play devils advocate. Most really successful people do not like attention. The loudest person in the room is the weakest person in the room. The loudest person in the room is the brokest person in the room 99% accurate. Most people who have earned it realize the pitfalls of attracting attention from both a safety stand point and ethics of vendors they may do business with stand point. I drive a Honda Ridgeline 2013 white its my 5th one same exact color done over 700k miles in them total. Why ? I hate attention. If Harry Potter was real id buy the invisible cloak. Since that's not an option I live in a rural area I keep my cars in a building where none of my staff or neighbors see them and I just drive rural mountain and river scenic areas. I have a collection that would be respected by most.

Forgot how stiff the Mercedes crowd was as I haven't owned once since the 90's S class back when Saddam was still a customer pre 98. The Chrysler acquisition was enough to scare me straight for two decades plus.

Im not looking for resale value however to argue your point reverting a badge and changing a software reading is childs play to the right person and would not affect the value when reverted properly nor do I care.

I bought it cause im really tall and have a new born and we live in area that will be great for road trips as my daughter ages allowing her and my wife ample comfort. I have found that SUVS and Trucks due to the elevation of your heart and bend of your knee are not as comfortable after an hour or two of driving as something which you can keep your leg straight in. At 6'4" height and having a bad knee. Cars have always been more comfortable as most auto enthusiasts all agree on.

Thanks for your advice but it seems a lot of people have tried to comment on the two threads I made without answering my questions just providing there condescending two cents. Perhaps read the title and if you can answer ill hit the like button and if your provide and impotent moot point ill fire back with articulate accuracy that is well earned by such comments. I love German cars I know these are older folks luxury cars but im amazed by the lack of aptitude for humor detection and the amount of effort that's gone into providing no information pertaining to the question posted.

What cars do you own can I see pics could I tell you some things you've done to devalue the resale ? Happy to share some of mine maybe you can enlighten me on collecting German cars. I believe you can learn something from everyone. Today I learned the owner of chic fil a might not buy my S65 AMG who is this creature with such wisdom im amazed by your profound and astute observations.

Sincerely,
Someone twenty years younger at least who still knows how to laugh!

Last edited by S65AMG2017$; 06-27-2024 at 11:26 PM.
Old 06-27-2024, 11:34 PM

Received 189 Likes on 126 Posts
2001 S600 V12 Sold, 2011 Jaguar XFR Sold, 2017 S550 4-Matic, 2018 S63 AMG Sedan
Knowing how to laugh and when to laugh are 2 different things. To save my sanity, and brain cells, I'll never look at this thread again...
The following 2 users liked this post by carlosinseattle:
BenzNinja (06-28-2024), C Swenson (07-01-2024)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Who's is BEST at CODING NEED HELP TURNING BITURBO TO TWIN TURBO ON MY S65 CLUSTER