CLK63 Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the W209 CLK63 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.

JRCART ¼ mile video, Weistec Supercharged

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-05-2011, 09:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 CLK63 AMG Black Series
I would imagine you could do the ramping up of power with the calibration tables for the drive-by-wire system? Long as there is one that allows changes only to 1st gear, or MPH based. Love what DBW offers tuners, and the outcome for owners! Hell, set up the power out the back (wheel speed sensors) to match the signal from the front wheel speed sensor, adding in the preferred 3-5% slippage , can't believe that has not been thought of, or is there something that squashes this concept??
Old 08-05-2011, 10:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 68 Likes on 44 Posts
C63 507 AMG DA Car #19
JR

"I purchased an extra set of OEM Black Series shocks and had them revalved so they have softer compression and slower rebound and a set of special taller and softer springs. I am currently running 17 " DRs and skinnies up front."

Now we're talking..... plus I'm taking notes on a CLK drag suspension.... what skinnies work on the MB bolt pattern?

Any wgt reduction in your future.... to get to 9's?

EC - vegas huh?.... I'll have to make some test-n-tune runs here at sealevel (in private) before I lay it on the line in front of you guys! I want to represent the clk55 crowd properly, and determine the need for a sneakypete
Old 08-05-2011, 12:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by betrezra
"I purchased an extra set of OEM Black Series shocks and had them revalved so they have softer compression and slower rebound and a set of special taller and softer springs. I am currently running 17 " DRs and skinnies up front."

Now we're talking..... plus I'm taking notes on a CLK drag suspension.... what skinnies work on the MB bolt pattern?

Any wgt reduction in your future.... to get to 9's?
I don't have all the specs on the wheels off the top of my head, they were all custom made for my car, I don't think anyone offers off the shelf fitments with offsets that will work.

Not going to strip the car down just to post a number. I have put lightweight carbon fiber seats in the car but the car actally weighs more than stock with the SC, roll bar and ice/water tank in the trunk. I will throw it on a scale the next time I get a chance.
Old 08-06-2011, 11:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Congrats Jim! I missed this thread completely.
Old 08-07-2011, 04:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 68 Likes on 44 Posts
C63 507 AMG DA Car #19
"ice/water tank"....... tied-into intercooler i presume! Awesome.

Sounds like a beast.... I'm guessing no plans for a 50-100 shot just for cooling effects?