CLK63 Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the W209 CLK63 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.

PLY CAR SHIPPING DAMAGE

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-16-2011, 08:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by Charlesmiller
It is very bad. Everyone should have knowledge that what to do before shipping vehicle. It is necessary for satisfactory because mostly companies do not accept any claim of damage in any part of your car during shipping. You should make sure that everything is fine before shipping and get an agreement about car shipping safely.

Houston Auto Transport
??????? I'm not sure what type of shipping operation you're running but I would never ship my vehicles with any carrier that would not cover damages. Furthermore I have shipped several vehicles using Reliable Transport, Luxury Auto Transport and Horseless Carriage and they all have an extensive and thourough inspection process which includes diagrams, a breif description of any flaw or damage and digital photos, they document everything no matter how minor. Once its put onto the trailer it becomes the resposibility of the carrier and the carriers insurance company until its delivered, unloaded and signed for as received at the other end. The burden falls on the truck driver to make sure everything is documented because its his azz if any claims get filed and its the customers responsability to thoroughly inspect the car once its unloed because once you sigh for the car that it was received in satisfactory condition it then becomes more difficult to file a claim against the carrier. I am always nervouse when shipping my car to a tuner or shop whee I will not be present to do the inspection because I know that once its signed for I'm stuck with it.
Old 12-16-2011, 10:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 43 Posts
C63 BS, GLA45
jrcart, you just got trolled by a spammer from India. lol
Old 12-16-2011, 10:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by rage2
jrcart, you just got trolled by a spammer from India. lol
LOL, I noticed the 3 post count, but the 2001 Nissan should have given it away. Only a troll would be luking in the BS section when he owns a 11 year old Nissan....I suppose he's gonna acome back and say it's a R34 Skyline GT-R
Old 12-21-2011, 07:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63
Not being unreasonable at all. Be it a tiny knick or really bad damage they are the ones that messed it up so they are the ones that have to take care of it.
Personally, I would just have them repair the scratch (since its very minor) and have them replace the tire.

Last edited by _AMG_; 12-21-2011 at 07:09 PM.
Old 01-05-2012, 09:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
280SL
Definitely stick the carrier with the bill--at least on principle. Passport Transport did chassis damage during my last shipping experience and tried to cover it up. Luckily I found it immediately and had "before" pictures for proof. Now slugging through reimbursement process with a lawyer, etc.
Old 01-05-2012, 02:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Euro Cars Only
Like most replied. Have them repair the wheel and replace the tire!!
Old 01-05-2012, 07:28 PM

Received 23 Likes on 7 Posts
'08 CLK Black, '08 SL65, '17 SL65, '07 SL55, '20 E63S Wagon, '14 GL450
If you get a replacement wheel you should make sure it matches the other side - there are at least 2 manufacturers of those wheels and the weights are different.
Old 01-05-2012, 08:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
C63
DON'T LET THEM REFINISH THAT WHEEL. I'm going to tel, you how it's going to play out if they do. That wheel has a certain type of machine finish. NO ONE CAN DUPLICATE THAT FINISH. What's going to happen is that they are going to strip the wheel lightly polish (Jerry rigg) that area and re clear it. OE clears are very hard to reproduce. Hence the wheel will look "OK" for about 6 months then it's going to show failures in the clear. You will be out of luck and out of gas. GET A NEW WHEEL. THAT IS A LIMITED PRODUCTION VEHICLE as as so refinishing any part will affect its value later on. If they don't then live with it cause you will open pandoras box later on and they will say it was the "soap" you used to wash it with. That's not a common wheel get a new one or live with the tiny nick.
Old 01-07-2012, 02:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
clk 63 AMG BS
thanks guys this is a old thread, i wanted feed back a while ago, its too late now, i got reimbursed for the tire and wheel refinish. i am not going to refinish it after what i have read, i wish i knew this few months ago, i am going to touch it up with clear coat and leave it, i can barely see it unless i am right on top if it , if i knew then what i know now i would have never accepted it, even the shipping dealer convinced be it is ok, oh well , learned my lesson

Originally Posted by Mikegpr03
DON'T LET THEM REFINISH THAT WHEEL. I'm going to tel, you how it's going to play out if they do. That wheel has a certain type of machine finish. NO ONE CAN DUPLICATE THAT FINISH. What's going to happen is that they are going to strip the wheel lightly polish (Jerry rigg) that area and re clear it. OE clears are very hard to reproduce. Hence the wheel will look "OK" for about 6 months then it's going to show failures in the clear. You will be out of luck and out of gas. GET A NEW WHEEL. THAT IS A LIMITED PRODUCTION VEHICLE as as so refinishing any part will affect its value later on. If they don't then live with it cause you will open pandoras box later on and they will say it was the "soap" you used to wash it with. That's not a common wheel get a new one or live with the tiny nick.