CLK63 Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the W209 CLK63 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.

Pulling the trigger on a C63 Black Series

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-14-2011, 09:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Pulling the trigger on a C63 Black Series

I am not sure where the C63 Black Series section is so I posted here. I was at the dealership yesterday trying to order one but they claimed they did not have order build info on the system yet and couldn't answer many questions. It sometimes amazes me what little the dealerships know. Do any of you guys have an info? I am trying to find out if Alu-mar/Alubeam which is an option on the SLS will be an available color option or if I can order that as a performance studio or designo option. Any feedback would be appreciated from anyone with any inside knowledge. Thanks.

Last edited by jrcart; 10-14-2011 at 11:29 AM.
Old 10-14-2011, 09:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'05 C200K SS, '05 Kleemann CLK500K, '08 Hummer H3 & '92 Z34 5sp (track car in Canada)
I was at the MB dealer here on Sunday asking some questions as well (options vs price) I was told that the build sheet will be available Oct 20th. I don't know if that's a global date or for Middle East only.
Old 10-14-2011, 09:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Kevwood
I was at the MB dealer here on Sunday asking some questions as well (options vs price) I was told that the build sheet will be available Oct 20th. I don't know if that's a global date or for Middle East only.
Thanks for the info, I will mention that to my dealer today. They put a call into MBUSA corporate but it was at like 8:00pm so they had to leave a voicemail. Hopefully I will hear something today. I have not seen anything over on Private Lounge yet either. I am very very interested in geting one in the Alu-Mar/Alubeam paint finish I saw it on an SLS and it looks amazing. Maybe they can do a one off in Alu-Mar/Alubeam for me??? I wonder what that would that would set me back ? I think it's a $12,000 option on the SLS.

Last edited by jrcart; 10-14-2011 at 11:29 AM.
Old 10-14-2011, 10:59 AM

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
1990 300ce supercharged and intercooled
For enough money AMG will do pretty much what you want. As far as I understand though it is you have to buy a car and send it to them. So do a European delivery and take it to AMG and have them do the work. I do not think that you can order custom work through the regular dealership network. I had a customer years ago that received the one of the 1st, if not the 1st, E55 wagon in the U.S. from AMG before it was released to the market. He was at an event and asked if he wanted one and said sure. About a year later he got a letter asking were to send it. When he came to the dealer about it the sales staff said there was no such thing and he handed them the letter. But he could not order that car from the dealer at that time.
Old 10-14-2011, 11:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2015.5 Volvo V60 Polestar
I'll take your CLK63 BS off your hands if you are bored with it
Old 10-14-2011, 11:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Nachtsturm
I'll take your CLK63 BS off your hands if you are bored with it
Sorry, not for sale. I am keeping it forever or until I pass it onto my son when he is mature enough to handle it...he's not even quite 5 yet so it will be a while. I am actually buying this C63 Black Series for my other 3 year old son, he will get the C63 BS when he is mature enough to handle it. Can't give one kid a BS and not the other, right?
Old 10-14-2011, 01:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 43 Posts
C63 BS, GLA45
I have friends in the US with the same problem. Order sheets have not been finalized for the US yet, so you can't order anything. All you can do is get a spot on hold for when it's ready. Should be soon, since the first build allocations are for January with a March delivery date. Kinda surprised that Canada got their info so much earlier than US!

As for Alubeam Silver, you will have to have your dealer go through the AMG Performance Studio for that one, as it's not a standard color.
Old 10-14-2011, 01:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by rage2
I have friends in the US with the same problem. Order sheets have not been finalized for the US yet, so you can't order anything. All you can do is get a spot on hold for when it's ready. Should be soon, since the first build allocations are for January with a March delivery date. Kinda surprised that Canada got their info so much earlier than US!

As for Alubeam Silver, you will have to have your dealer go through the AMG Performance Studio for that one, as it's not a standard color.
CAn US dealers go through Performance Studio? I will gladly pay an upcharge, it's not about the money, I just gotta have one in that color. Let's put it this way, I probably will not be buying one if I can't get that color, now that i have seen that color I gotta have it.
Old 10-14-2011, 02:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 BS, GLA45
Originally Posted by jrcart
CAn US dealers go through Performance Studio? I will gladly pay an upcharge, it's not about the money, I just gotta have one in that color. Let's put it this way, I probably will not be buying one if I can't get that color, now that i have seen that color I gotta have it.
I was at the AMG Performance Tour yesterday, and they actually spent a lot of time promoting the Performance Studio and what they can do.

I got into the specifics, and was told paint and interior is a no brainer, and not a problem. Custom CF parts are available as well, so if you want custom CF parts, they'll make it if you throw enough $ their way. The gotchas are some of the custom seats, custom engine stuff, basically anything that infringes on US/Canada certification would be a no.

I was told that the Performance Centers are the ones that will be able to talk to the Performance Studio directly with what you want and get it for you, as their AMG staff had to go through training to get the Performance Center status. AMG is trying to encourage customers now to customize their cars. Anyways, list of dealers that are AMG Performance Centers are available here:

http://www.mercedes-amg.com/centers....rmance-centers

For Illinois, it looks like Autohaus and Westmont are the only 2.
Old 10-14-2011, 02:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 BS, GLA45
btw - drove the current AMG line up yesterday at the event. The SLS was eerily similar to the CLK BS, with the exception of the transmission. The noises, the way it handles, just totally reminded me of the CLK.

The C63 Coupe P31 felt a lot different than the Facelift C63 Sedan P31, much more nimble, way more direct turn-in, and vastly improved throttle control of the rear end. Being the "same" car, I was shocked at how different the 2 were. The C63 BS, being based on that, should be amazing.

The Tour guys also told me that the C63 BS will be added to their lineup in November. They invited me to their Florida event where it'll be first used, but I'll be in India that month and can't make it. You should see if you can get an invite there to try the car out before anyone else.
Old 10-14-2011, 02:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I actually just got a call from my dealership...sounds very promising. I can't go into much detail but it appears some strings are being pulled from higher up the food chain. If what they are telling me is legit this is friggin pure awesomeness. The part that makes me think it's legit is that they have not asked for a penny yet LOL, you know how most dealerships operate, they will take your deposit but have no info to exchange in return.
Old 10-14-2011, 02:47 PM
JDB

CLK63 Black Series
Glad to hear things are working out.

I think it can be safely said that you have done as much as anyone in the U.S. to create interest in the CLK63 BS than you have with all of your enthusiasm for the car.

I still remember how I was mesmerized by all of the modifications that you had performed on the car, back when you first took delivery.

I imagine that you will give the C63 the same sort of special touch.

JDB
Old 10-14-2011, 03:02 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
1998 E320
Sorry, not for sale. I am keeping it forever or until I pass it onto my son when he is mature enough to handle it...he's not even quite 5 yet so it will be a while. I am actually buying this C63 Black Series for my other 3 year old son, he will get the C63 BS when he is mature enough to handle it. Can't give one kid a BS and not the other, right?
lucky kids
Old 10-14-2011, 03:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I said take not buy. Lucky kids indeed. Still more biased towards the CLK vs the C coupe. The older one should have the better one anyways.

Just noticed you are in Naperville, only 20 min or so from me. Don't know if you would be interested but I, along with others are going to Byron Dragway tomorrow, you are more than welcome to join if you want.
Old 10-14-2011, 03:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by JDB
Glad to hear things are working out.

I think it can be safely said that you have done as much as anyone in the U.S. to create interest in the CLK63 BS than you have with all of your enthusiasm for the car.

I still remember how I was mesmerized by all of the modifications that you had performed on the car, back when you first took delivery.

I imagine that you will give the C63 the same sort of special touch.

JDB
Well, the rumor on the street used to be that AMG does not like people "fiddling around" with their cars. I can't confirm that but I would assume that if that were the case they are probably cringing at the thought me taking delivery of another one of their works of art.
Old 10-14-2011, 04:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I said take not buy. Lucky kids indeed. Still more biased towards the CLK vs the C coupe. The older one should have the better one anyways.

Just noticed you are in Naperville, only 20 min or so from me. Don't know if you would be interested but I, along with others are going to Byron Dragway tomorrow, you are more than welcome to join if you want.
I have run at Byron the past 3 weeks in a row. I was planning on going tomorrow as well. My new hood is being installed as we speak so depends on the status of the hood. If it's not ready I am just packing the car into the trailer and and having one of my drivers take it out to California so Weistec can work a little more magic on it before next Friday's event in Vegas.

P.S. BJ is the owner of Byron, he's one of my best friends good friends and has hooked us up the past few weeks with a "Mercedes" staging lane...needless to say it's not a very busy lane LOL. Maybe if I don't make it you guys can track him down and tell him your friends with Steve(aka Ponch) and Jim and hook you guys up too. If I do make it you guys will not have any lines to wait in LOL.
Old 10-14-2011, 07:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
SLS Irridium silver,2014 GL350 BT Irridium, 2015 White Dodge RAM Hemi Quad
I have just firmed up my order, I had put in the deposit back at the end of June and they insisted that I put in the color choice today. The AMG Canada rep also said that they may be able to order the rear diff/tranny cooler with the special Dunlop tires together, rather than ordering the track and aero pack together....thank goodness as I am not to crazy of the big aero pack wing and black wheels. Price is to be confirmed hopefully sometime next week....BTW, my understated self went with the Fire Opal Red!!! Hopefully not to flashy. Build date is slated for Jan 2012 with delivery for April 2012.
Old 10-15-2011, 01:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I have run at Byron the past 3 weeks in a row. I was planning on going tomorrow as well. My new hood is being installed as we speak so depends on the status of the hood. If it's not ready I am just packing the car into the trailer and and having one of my drivers take it out to California so Weistec can work a little more magic on it before next Friday's event in Vegas.

P.S. BJ is the owner of Byron, he's one of my best friends good friends and has hooked us up the past few weeks with a "Mercedes" staging lane...needless to say it's not a very busy lane LOL. Maybe if I don't make it you guys can track him down and tell him your friends with Steve(aka Ponch) and Jim and hook you guys up too. If I do make it you guys will not have any lines to wait in LOL.
Sweet. Hope to see you there. Look for the one Mercedes with a bunch of SRT cars. haha.
Old 10-15-2011, 09:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sweet. Hope to see you there. Look for the one Mercedes with a bunch of SRT cars. haha.
I decided not to head out to the track, car is being hauled out to california, it left last night. Car has to be there by Monday so I thought waiting til noon today to hit the road would be pushing it on time. Good luck, weather is perfect for racing.
Old 10-15-2011, 01:54 PM

CLK AMG BLACK SERIES (among other German things)
I have some euro information I can e mail to anyone thats interested .
its a pdf of some options etc .
to be fair theres not much info out there even here in europe .
Old 10-15-2011, 04:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by WTDoom
I have some euro information I can e mail to anyone thats interested .
its a pdf of some options etc .
to be fair theres not much info out there even here in europe .
I have gotten my hands on an option list which includes pricing. I am just waiting on an answer on the Alubeam paint. If they can't do alubeam might go matte red as a second choice.
Old 10-16-2011, 02:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I decided not to head out to the track, car is being hauled out to california, it left last night. Car has to be there by Monday so I thought waiting til noon today to hit the road would be pushing it on time. Good luck, weather is perfect for racing.
Thanks, place was packed almost 300 cars. Weather was good but the 30mph head/crosswind were horrible.

Still a fun time. I was the only benz there, lol.
Old 10-17-2011, 07:59 PM

02 clk 55 amg
I have gotten my hands on an option list which includes pricing. I am just waiting on an answer on the Alubeam paint. If they can't do alubeam might go matte red as a second choice.
Jrcart,
Is there any way I can get a copy of that option list. I also have a things I want for the performance studio as well, Let me know how cool AMG is being on the Alubeam paint.
Old 10-17-2011, 11:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by krispyw208
Jrcart,
Is there any way I can get a copy of that option list. I also have a things I want for the performance studio as well, Let me know how cool AMG is being on the Alubeam paint.
I can not publish the info I have received, I am not sure how man favors had to be called in or strings pulled but the last thing I want to do is get somebody in trouble. As for the paint, that's still the big question, what I am being told now is that it can not be done as a perf studio option because the equipment used to spray the alubeam is at the factory so I might be able to be done at the factory but nothing definative yet. I have now heard that info from two sources regarding the paint so I think its good info.
Old 10-21-2011, 12:01 AM

Received 158 Likes on 116 Posts
2018 E63S Wagon
I can not publish the info I have received, I am not sure how man favors had to be called in or strings pulled but the last thing I want to do is get somebody in trouble. As for the paint, that's still the big question, what I am being told now is that it can not be done as a perf studio option because the equipment used to spray the alubeam is at the factory so I might be able to be done at the factory but nothing definative yet. I have now heard that info from two sources regarding the paint so I think its good info.
Yeah, Alubeam SLS' are hand painted at the factory in Sindelfingen as opposed to the regular colors painted at Magna Steyr where the bodies are produced. They only paint 2-3 a week due to the time-intensive process. They would probably have to transport a C63 Black body the 30 miles to where they paint the Alubeam SLS' then back to Affalterbach. Not impossible but I'd imagine there would be a hefty fee since they already charge $10000 for it on a SLS. Regardless, it would likely be one of a kind.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Pulling the trigger on a C63 Black Series