CLK63 Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the W209 CLK63 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.

FMU's BLACK SERIES FOR SEMA

Old 10-17-2011, 11:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
360 Modena TT
FMU's BLACK SERIES FOR SEMA

i figured i would post this in another thread rather than hijacking someone elses stuff . FMU just blew up my motor .......JUST KIDDING PEOPLE !

the real purpose of my thread is to find out what sponsorship went into that CLK BS that FMU is building ?
Old 10-17-2011, 01:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63
I know ADV.1 is involved with the build, but dont know who else is involoved.
I have seen pictures floating around and I can safely say its the sickest Black Series I have ever seen.
Old 10-17-2011, 01:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by BAD430BENZ
i figured i would post this in another thread rather than hijacking someone elses stuff . FMU just blew up my motor .......JUST KIDDING PEOPLE !

the real purpose of my thread is to find out what sponsorship went into that CLK BS that FMU is building ?
Sponsorship??? Not sure I am following you. They are working on a Black Series build for Sema for a client that will be displayed at a very large company's SEMA booth, not sure I would call it a sponsorship though, that is unless you have heard otherwise. I was at FMU this past Saturday morning and saw the car and it's just awesome and looked nearly complete. I know they are under a tight timeline to get the car finished but I would assume they or the cars owner will be posting up details of the car when it's complete. Then again the client may be a more private type person that wants no publicity on the build. At the end of the day the customer makes those calls and I certainly not disclose anything here publically that I know about the build. I can tell you all this, I saw the car up on a rack and stood underneath and examined every inch of the exhaust system and it's beautiful, anyone that says FMU can fab or weld does not know what they are talking about and is simply just a forum troll looking to start trouble. I would not have any trouble handng over one of my vehicles to them for work and my best friend was there with me on Saturday decided he is having FMU do some work on his BMW this fall/winter.
Old 10-17-2011, 01:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
^^^
I haven't seen any FMU exhaust systems in person but the tig welds look immaculate on almost everything they do.
Old 10-17-2011, 02:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

360 Modena TT
Originally Posted by jrcart
Sponsorship??? Not sure I am following you. They are working on a Black Series build for Sema for a client that will be displayed at a very large company's SEMA booth, not sure I would call it a sponsorship though, that is unless you have heard otherwise. I was at FMU this past Saturday morning and saw the car and it's just awesome and looked nearly complete. I know they are under a tight timeline to get the car finished but I would assume they or the cars owner will be posting up details of the car when it's complete. Then again the client may be a more private type person that wants no publicity on the build. At the end of the day the customer makes those calls and I certainly not disclose anything here publically that I know about the build. I can tell you all this, I saw the car up on a rack and stood underneath and examined every inch of the exhaust system and it's beautiful, anyone that says FMU can fab or weld does not know what they are talking about and is simply just a forum troll looking to start trouble. I would not have any trouble handng over one of my vehicles to them for work and my best friend was there with me on Saturday decided he is having FMU do some work on his BMW this fall/winter.
what do you mean you don't follow me ? i was curious how many sponsors are involved in the build . AMG said that ADV.1 is involved so that would be 1 sponsor . i wonder how many companies have donated product or services to the build ( at a smaller cost or free ) ? i will be the first one to admit that the car is great looking now and i'm sure going to be better when complete . i can't wait to see it
Old 10-17-2011, 02:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG
Fanboy is back
Old 10-17-2011, 03:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK63 Black Series
FMU posted this on 6Speed so I figured it's ok to be posted on this forum.

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/m...ck-series.html
Old 10-17-2011, 04:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Here's a link to the Black Series build on their website, or at least the stuff they are making public at this time.

http://www.fluidmotorunion.com/secti...projects/clkbs
Old 10-17-2011, 05:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
Here's a link to the Black Series build on their website, or at least the stuff they are making public at this time.

http://www.fluidmotorunion.com/secti...projects/clkbs
Cant get over how insane that exhaust looks.
Those welds look like it was done by a machine!
Old 10-17-2011, 05:30 PM

2008 CLK Black Series
JRCART is correct, I'm not a big forum poster (as you can see by this being my 1st post), but as this thread got going before I could launch it now is as good of time as any to get started. The CLK at FMU is my build for SEMA, I shipped it out to them from Seattle, WA. I won't let all the cats out of the bag at once but it is definitely going to be a good sized build! All the information is forthcoming. JRCART: I'll have to catch up with you next time I'm out at FMU!

Last edited by RBM-CLK; 10-17-2011 at 05:45 PM.
Old 10-17-2011, 05:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

360 Modena TT
Originally Posted by RBM-CLK
JRCART is correct, I'm not a big forum poster (as you can see by this being my 1st post), but as this thread got going before I could launch it now is as good of time as any to get started. The CLK at FMU is my build for SEMA, I shipped it out to them from Seattle, WA. I won't let all the cats out of the bag at once but it is definitely going to be a good sized build! All the information is forthcoming. JRCART: I'll have to catch up with you next time I'm out at FMU!
well i have to say , you have an amazing piece of automotive artwork there . did you get any partial or full sponsorships in the build ?
Old 10-17-2011, 07:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by RBM-CLK
Welcome to the forum and beautiful car. I hope you didn't mind me posting about your car, I tried not to divulge anything that's not already out there. I live about 3 miles from FMU and got to see the car in person on Saturday. I love the color and the exhaust it going to be a thing of discussion to come. I had the most extreme BS on the planet but you might be giving me a run for my money with yours. Can't wait to see the finished product.
Old 10-17-2011, 07:45 PM

2008 CLK Black Series
Welcome to the forum and beautiful car. I hope you didn't mind me posting about your car, I tried not to divulge anything that's not already out there. I live about 3 miles from FMU and got to see the car in person on Saturday. I love the color and the exhaust it going to be a thing of discussion to come. I had the most extreme BS on the planet but you might be giving me a run for my money with yours. Can't wait to see the finished product.
Thank you for the props! I don't mind you sharing what you've seen at all, and like you said, there is a decent amount of info floating around on the build so far. The rest however, will be revealed VERY soon. FMU's work on this car is amazing, it's the reason I shipped the car so far away from home. Whether my car gives your car an "extreme" run for the money or not, you'll always have the original bad a** BS!
Old 10-18-2011, 01:37 PM

2008 CLK Black Series
Sneak Peek of FMU Exhaust for CLK BS

Old 10-18-2011, 01:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

360 Modena TT
ABSOLUTELY AMAZING
Old 10-19-2011, 04:43 PM

WHT BS
That is a beautiful color. Nice job on the car as well.